Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Icon4 L.A.'s Finest Season 2 - NOW available online

Season 2 of L.A.'s Finest, previously delayed from June 2020 due to all the Black Lives Matter unrest in the USA, is now available for download/streaming.

Some foreign country has obviously aired the Season 2 episodes online in PAL format (25 fps) because some pirate already uploaded all 13 episodes today. The PAL format that was used makes the episodes about 4% faster than they should be (which is how many Brits watch our North American content - poor suckers). The actors talk (pitch is changed) and move a bit faster, thus the duration of each episode is also shorter by about 4% (nothing is cut out, it just moves faster and thus ends about 4% quicker).

Rather than wait possibly several months to see the regular-speed North American episode versions, I'll probably just watch the PAL versions that the pirates were so eager to share. If I really like a series, or am not certain how a certain actor sounds normally, I would normally wait for the regular speed version, but since I already know how these actors sound with their regular pitch, I can quite easily ignore the slightly unsettling 4% speed increase of the episodes.

PAL is no pal of mine, but it's still often better than nothing at all.
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.

Dubbed american shows on Quebec french-language TV has always been that way, the NTSC tape is converted to PAL and runs 4% faster, the dub is done in France, then that dubbed tape is sent to Quebec and converted to NTSC without any change in speed. DVDs, High-Definition TV and Netflix changed everything with language selection platforms.

LA's Finest S1 is expected this fall mondays at 8 on Fox but not in simulcast on CTV, but with the corona situation in LA delaying filming, will CTV really serve us Insensitive Jann + Bob Hearts reruns this fall?

Also, is Spectrum waiting a few more months to release S2 in case Fox needs it in January?
    We had a good run: 2006 to 2020. Thanks for the informations and debates.

The pirates just did a PAL to NTSC restoration for the L.A.'s Finest Season 2 episodes, and also uploaded them in lovely 1080p.

No need to wait for Spectrum to air them ... the pirates made the early booty call for the win.
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.