Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Thread: 3lbs Cancelled!

Hybrid View

3lbs Cancelled!

After very very bad ratings and only 3 episodes, CBS has cancelled their new medical drama 3LBS.

CBS planned to air a all new 3LBS this Tuesday at 9:00PM with the Victoria Secret Fashion Show at 10:00PM, a rerun of The Unit will now air at 9:00PM.

Tuesday on CBS
    8:00PM: NCIS (RERUN)
    9:00PM: The Unit (RERUN)
    10:00PM: Victoria Secret Fashion Show (ALL NEW SPECIAL)

Tuesdays on CBS for the rest of December
    8:00PM: NCIS
    9:00PM: The Unit
    10:00PM: Crime show reruns

It is unclear what City TV will do as City TV has been airing 3LBS Tuesdays at 10:00PM in simulcast with CBS.

City TV picked up 2 CBS shows this season, one was the drama Waterfront and the other was 3LBS, Waterfront was cancelled before it even premiered and 3LBS is cancelled after 3 episodes.

By the way, ever since CBS cancelled Judging Amy they have done just awful on Tuesdays at 10:00PM, no matter what they air it does awful, it's almost like it's a boycott.

Let's review Tuesdays at 10:00PM

Rock Star INXS - Even though it did good in Canada, didn't do that good for CBS.

Close to Home - Awful ratings and almost cancelled, moved to Fridays at 9:00PM where it did BETTER than Tuesdays at 10:00PM, Close to Home took CBS from last place on Tuesdays at 10:00PM to first place on Fridays at 9:00PM

Threshold - Lasted only 1 or 2 episodes on Tuesdays at 10:00PM, did just awful and was cancelled

Love Monkey - Did awful and was cancelled

The Amazing Race 9 - Did WORSE than the Family Edition and was competeing with ABC's Boston Legal for 2nd place even though Boston Legal had a MUCH weaker lead-in. The Amazing Race 9 did so awful on Tuesdays at 10:00PM CBS moved the show to Wednesdays at 8:00PM where it did 36% better even though they had to face NBC's mega hit Deal or No Deal. Please note that The Amazing Race 9 did still do well in Canada where it aired on CTV.

Tuesday Night Book Club - Cancelled after 2 episodes

Smith - 3rd place, awful ratings, cancelled

3LBS - 3rd place, awful ratings, cancelled

Humm looks like CBS made a huge miskate by giving Judging Amy the boot.

i never would have guess three pounds would have gotten cancled so quickly maybe its cause of all the competion with the medical dramas on other networks theres alot of them house er greys anatomy and stuff like that.

oh and i finally know why rockstar had two canadian winners i guess its cause noone cares in the U.S

Poor City TV as well, they got all excited that they got a medical drama thinking it would be the next Grey's Anatomy but now it's cancelled after only 3 episodes.

Right now there are only 3 medical dramas on television (Grey's Anatomy, House, and ER) and all 3 of them are hits, I guess CBS & City TV thought 3LBS would be the next one, I guess not!

The thing is though CBS can get the same ratings with airing a rerun of CSI. That's the reason why you find reruns of CSI and other crime dramas on CTV Saturdays, people bash CTV for not airing shows like The West Wing, ect.. on Saturday when they are full of CSI reruns, well the thing is CSI and other crime dramas rerun very well.

As for Rock Star I think your right, that's why canadian's always win because it does so much better in Canada than it does on CBS, I was kinda surprised that CBS gave it a second season, like the ratings were not awful but they were pretty bad. Even worse is when this started CBS expected this to be the next Survivor or American Idol. It did do pretty good in Adults 18-49 though, maybe that's why.

CanView Guest
    I miss Judging Amy..

that was a great show, I was a loyal fan of it.

I was mad CBS cancelled it...

I loved Judging Amy as well. It did pretty good in the ratings too. The people at Global were very unhappy when CBS cancelled it.

CanView Guest
    Judging Amy was a Global show?

Why mess with something that gets good ratings?

If it does well, don't get rid of it.

CBS bombed with most of there new shows this year.

Only a very few shows each year can survive.

I am glad Ugly Betty is one of those shows... I love Ugly Betty.