The VOOM HD Networks, the 15 all-HD channels available in the US will be shutting down sometime in January. Cablevision who owns the channels announced that due to the loss of carriage on Dish Network (I guess no one else wanted them either ;)) that they are shutting them down. The international operations, which include 3 channels here in Canada, will remain.

So the Canadian ones (Equator HD Canada, Rush HD Canada & Treasure HD Canada) are safe for now but who knows what the future holds?! Will High Fidelity be able to produce enough programming to keep them going now that they will be losing a major source of programming from the VOOM channels?

In the end I think it was too good to be true, 15 high definition channels was just too many IMO considering that HD is still in its infancy and that is just too many channels to create programming for. I think they should have kept like 3 or 4 instead of shutting them down completely. The are making it sound as though Dish is to blaim, well excuse me but why couldn't you get carriage with other providers like DirecTV, maybe that's your problem not just the fact that Dish dropped them.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...UteewD955VFT02