Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

CBS Renews Big Bang Theory & Two and a Half Men

CBS Renews Big Bang Theory & Two and a Half Men

CBS has closed a deal to renew the Warner Bros. TV-produced comedies "Two and a Half Men" and "The Big Bang Theory" as the two sides also have agreed to settle their $49 million lawsuit.

"Men" has been picked up for three more years, through the 2011-12 season, while sophomore "Big Bang" has been ordered for two more years, through the 2010-2011 season.

"Men" and "Theory" are the main driving forces behind CBS' ratings success on Monday night this season. With most broadcast series declining, CBS' Monday-night comedy lineup is up 13% in viewers and 11% in 18-49 vs. last season.

Full Story

I'm happy they were re-newed because they are probably my two favourite comedies.

I think it would have been pretty foolish of CBS not to renew these comedies

Just a bump:

The Big Bang Theory premieres on CBS tonight, at 9:30 ET! Can't wait!

It may be only the first week of the new season, but The Big Bang Theory could be this season's most watched comedy in the U.S., even more than Two and a Half Men.

Not only did it post the highest ratings among adults 18-49 in the show's history but it also posted higher ratings in the same category than its lead-in Two and a Half Men.

What's even interesting is that this was against some tough competition, notably the second hour of Dancing With the Stars, as well as a special two-hour season premiere of House (which had the highest A18-49 rating for the night overall). I can only imagine what they will be next week, especially without House in the timeslot.

After struggling for years to find a compatible show between Two and a Half Men and CSI: Miami, it looks like CBS finally made the right decision by putting The Big Bang Theory there!
    Plus, it certainly does not hurt that both Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory are from the same creator.

I enjoyed last night's season premiere, and look forward to the rest of this season!