Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Raiders of the lost ark on TMN?

TMN is airing 1981 movie Raiders of the Lost Ark tonight. Isn't this movie more suited for MPIX?
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    TMN is airing 1981 movie Raiders of the Lost Ark tonight. Isn't this movie more suited for MPIX?
    it will also played on mpix. but the reason i believed that they are showing raiders of the lost ark, temple of doom and the last crusade its because of the last indiana jones that was made last year. It will be playing on the last saturday of april.

I always believed that TMN was limited to movies from the last 10 years. I'll have to dig the CRTC site to confirm that though...

Airing the movie on Mpix is fine with me. I have a problem with airing it on TMN because I pay much more for it and I expect to see new movies and pay-tv series.
    Randi Dertzo

I always believed that TMN was limited to movies from the last 10 years. I'll have to dig the CRTC site to confirm that though...

Airing the movie on Mpix is fine with me. I have a problem with airing it on TMN because I pay much more for it and I expect to see new movies and pay-tv series.
    i have to agree with you randi. or maybe they didn't have enough of programming for april, on the saturday... But you should go on their website at tmn.ca and look the schedule for may. lots of new movies.
    Journey to the center of the earth with brendan fraiser(don't know if i wrote it right).
    and a couple more, wall-E.

What it is is Mpix not being allowed to air anything from the past few (actually five) years. But there's never been an explicit restriction on what movies TMN proper could or could not carry.

FWIW, TMN's most recent licence renewal is here.

That must be it JoshG. I just hope this is more of an exception than a new trend by Astral.

At least its available on TMN HD...
    Randi Dertzo

That must be it JoshG. I just hope this is more of an exception than a new trend by Astral.

At least its available on TMN HD...
    Don't be too down, HBO in the US airs lots of older movies, things like Back to the Future 1/2/3 air almost every month at some point on the main HBO channel.

TMN having access to more studios stops that from happening as much up here but as SuperChannel gains more exclusive contracts you might see more older stuff airing on both services.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripster View Post
    Don't be too down, HBO in the US airs lots of older movies, things like Back to the Future 1/2/3 air almost every month at some point on the main HBO channel.

TMN having access to more studios stops that from happening as much up here but as SuperChannel gains more exclusive contracts you might see more older stuff airing on both services.
    that is true.

C'est au tour de Super Écran, aujourd'hui le 11 avril:

15h a 17h : Les Aventuriers de l'arche perdue (1981)
    17h a 19h : Indiana Jones et le temple maudit (1984)
    19h a 21h : Indiana Jones et la dernière croisade (1989)
    21h a 23h10 : Indiana Jones et le Royaume du crâne de cristal (2008)

(merci à Rambytes du forum dslreports pour l'info)