Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

CityTV Winnipeg Need To Clean up its act!

I watch The Price Is right on CityTV Winnipeg on Expressvu and in HD on the CBS feed. But when I watch it on City, the commercial continues over the show! Say Drew Carey says "Rich who is our next conntestant?" The commerical over runs that and ends at when the Prize is up for bidding. It doesn't do this all the time. Sometimes its a bit early and it catches the CBS bug or a CBS commerical, or rarely its ever on the nose! why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by SIMSUBHATER View Post
    why is that?
    Sounds like there's nobody watching at the CITY Winnipeg station, commercials are automatically inserted. Call your provider and ask them to interrupt the simsub, and ask them to keep an eye on it if this happens every day. At some extend, your provider can request the city station to get their system fixed or they'll lose simsub rights.

CBS isn't exactly known for being easy with Canadian broadcasters.

Global/E! has to broadcast the network feed so they can air Guiding Light and As The World Turns. That means somebody does have to watch the show and when CBS goes to commercial break, they gotta also do the same. Sometimes they'll get it right-on, sometimes they'll show a few frames. And from what I've heard, CBS will change their formats on a whim, I've seen Global run a few promos from CBS accidentally.

That being said, Citytv probably has to do the exact same thing. When CBS changes their formats without telling anyone - which again, they seem to do a lot - I assume that things would get crazy.

When CH Hamilton was airing it, I recall them using a cover bug overtop of the CBS logo. Not to mention, when there's breaking news, do you think CBS is worried about Citytv or Global?

Plus, most master's these days consist of a playlist and items keep playing until the next item. Each manufacturer's software has a different way to skip items, sometimes not at all. I can't imagine that a station would want to install new software/hardware to make one show look perfect, that stuff is expensive and probably worth more than they're pulling in from ad sales.

And where they run like 8 to 16 channels in one building, if another channel goes off-the-air for whatever reason, people get distracted.

Before when it aired on SunTV if they ran short on commercials the would just put a still picture of the price is right logo then cut to the show. Which makes sense but suntv didn't cover up the logo theres went in the top corner.