Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Royal Pains comes to Citytv

Upon looking at Citytv's schedule grid, it looks like they've bought the Canadian rights to the new drama Royal Pains, which airs on USA Network.

Only the Series Premiere will run for 90 minutes on Sunday, June 14 at 9:00pm. That will become the show's regular timeslot through the remainder of the summer.

This is the second cable drama picked up by Citytv, as they also have the rights to Dark Blue (TNT) in Canada but that show won't debut until next month and has not yet been scheduled.

In other scheduling news:
    The Goode Family and Surviving Suburbia will run in PRE-RELEASE on Wednesdays at 8:00pm and 8:30pm starting June 10. ABC will air both shows on Friday nights.

I Survived a Japanese Game Show airs in simulcast with ABC Wednesdays at 9:00pm starting June 17.

Cancelled NBC drama Kings returns to Citytv in POST-RELEASE Sundays at 8:00pm starting June 14 to burn off the remaining episodes.

So it'll be on a 2-episode delay from the USA channel?

Quote Originally Posted by View View Post
    So it'll be on a 2-episode delay from the USA channel?
    That would appear to be the case, yes.

Weak. Royal Pains aired throughout the summer however CITY has scheduled a movie en lieu of the season finale, and it doesn't appear on the schedule for next week, either. Why air all but the last episode?

It is more than 1 as they ended the season on the 16, were 2 behind and 2 more played after. Unless I am in error, it is possible, they will have 4 unaired episodes. They did advertised August 16th as the season finale.

Hmm, I have to admit that I did download the last couple because it was airing against more interesting programming so I didn't realize it has not been on for the past few weeks. But it seems to me that although they started on a two episode delay, they did catch up at one point when a new episode was not aired on USA. The show did quite well on USA (their most watched ever new show) so I wonder what consipired against it here?

For those that were watching Royal Pains, it seems that City Toronto has scheduled two episodes next Friday.

Thanks for the info...much apprecaited I wouldn't have known.