Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Movie Central gets New look

It looks like Movie Central has introduced a new logo although it doesn't seem to have been fully implemented yet as their website has both old and new logos on it. Here is the new logo, courtesy of the Corus website:

Its not bad and it goes better with the new Encore Avenue logo then the old Movie Central logo did.

I don't understand why Movie Central and TMN don't merge and operate a single service available across the country. They could be 50/50 partners like they are with Teletoon and get rid of this East/West nonsense. It looks like that hasn't happened because both companies still want to operate a movie service.

Quote Originally Posted by TVJunkie5 View Post

I don't understand why Movie Central and TMN don't merge and operate a single service available across the country. They could be 50/50 partners like they are with Teletoon and get rid of this East/West nonsense. It looks like that hasn't happened because both companies still want to operate a movie service.
    I agree. I too don't understand why they just don't go 50/50 on a single national pay-tv service. They pretty much buy all the same movies and events. I don't understand the need for their current situation.

i agree too. more movies channel across the country that will be nice.

I'd assume that the reason MC and TMN doesn't merge is that MC/Corus has more to gain as opposed to TMN/Astral who may loose. Without looking at the numbers and going by memory alone, I think TMN makes more money then MC does, so if you add all the profits together and split it 50/50, TMN would probably loose a bit of profits.

But I guess the argumnet could be made that since TMN has a stronger brand/service/product (that's what I've heard anyways), then it could boost MC's numbers along the way. But anyways, I'd say that could be a very real reason why they are deciding not to merge, among other things I'm sure.

As for the new logo, not digging it as much as the previous one so far.