Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLocal View Post
    If it was up to certain admins at Wikipedia, the site would still be the way it was back when it first began around 2002 - a site with few articles with miniscule descriptions, and no images whatsoever.

That said, I like how the new CHCH logo looks, but my guess is that it may just be a placeholder logo for the time being, until a new logo (one free of the taint of CHCH's E! era) is designed and unveiled.
    Nah, i think their going to stick with the current logo for awhile. Jim Pattison is keeping the same generic red bar on his stations logos even after he join the Citytv System.

That said, I like how the new CHCH logo looks, but my guess is that it may just be a placeholder logo for the time being, until a new logo (one free of the taint of CHCH's E! era) is designed and unveiled.
    I certainly hope that is the case, right now the logo and graphics are the same as they were under Canwest and their stupid E! branding so it makes sense for Ch0 to introduce a new logo and put their own identity on the channel. I think that they have not taken full control of the station yet, because of Canwest's Aug. 31 deadline they were probably rushing to take over operations so other things like the logo and website were put on the back burner.

I think its best to call this a transition phase, from the corporate control of Canwest to the freedom of being an independent under Ch0. Welcome back Superstation CHCH!!

Just as I suspected, according to a reply I received from the folks at Channel Zero the current logo is a temporary one and they will be introducing a different one down the road. Look like the last link of the Canwest era will soon be gone- yeah!!

On another note, there is an interesting article in today's Hamilton Spectator with one of the owners of CH0. He talks about the 'new' CHCH and the transition as well as their plans for the station. Apparently they are interesting in possibly adding some sports content to the schedule in the future. I wonder if maybe that might have to do with this whole issue of Hamilton getting an NHL franchise (which I don't think will happen)?! Also it looks like the early ratings for the first few days under this new format are good and they appear to be happy with how things are going. Personally I hope they tinker with the schedule down the road, a little too much news for my liking.

http://thespec.com/News/Local/article/629386

Closed caption service

Please tell me that you are not eliminating the CC. seervice for the programs. It has always been available until it was taken over by the new owners and we have not had it since. It is very frustrating when one is hearing impaired and can't understand all the words that are being said in the programs. I have had to go to another channel to make sure I can hear all the news and it is not a choice i want to make. Every other channel provides the service and I trust you plan to do so as well. Please explain what is happening with this service.. it is nice to have a choice of movies and to catch up on the news anytime during the day but CC. is essential. Thank you for giving me the chance to voice my problem. Audrey