Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Three's Company on TVtropolis, seriously?!

Coming this Fall.

C'mon! Not only have they been spinning double-run episode of this tired old dog 5 days a week (w/ a separate weekend double-run) for a several years now (feels like 3+), they're EXPANDING it to TVtropolis, which is pretty much suppose to be the best TV of the past 10 years. Canwest, that's weak, man.

Plus garbage originals like 'Carlawood' so-called "unscripted" junk.

Isn't it about time Canwest gave that Show a rest?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lukebenward View Post
    Coming this Fall.

C'mon! Not only have they been spinning double-run episode of this tired old dog 5 days a week (w/ a separate weekend double-run) for a several years now (feels like 3+), they're EXPANDING it to TVtropolis, which is pretty much suppose to be the best TV of the past 10 years. Canwest, that's weak, man.

Plus garbage originals like 'Carlawood' so-called "unscripted" junk.
    Three's Company has been airing on Deja View ever since the Channel started...Kind of reminds me when Barrie's CKVR-TV as airing Leave it to Beaver Reruns at Noon from 1971 all the way til 1998...I think for Canwest...Three's Company is Cheap!!! I only watch it when the Ropers(Norman Fell and Audra Lindley) are on it...as for Mr.Furley(Don Knotts)No Way!!!

Three's Company is one of the most watched programs on DejaView, that's why they continue to air it and that's why it's coming to TVtropolis.

Quote Originally Posted by TVViewer View Post
    Three's Company is one of the most watched programs on DejaView, that's why they continue to air it and that's why it's coming to TVtropolis.
    What's the point of TVtropolis or any CanWest specialty channels if they keep spreading shows on 3-4 channels ?

Three's Company (premiered 1977, 8 seasons, 174 episodes) is popular on Dejaview? Well, maybe people will want to subscribe to Dejaview to watch that show!

About other CanWest channels... I found it weird at first to see NCIS, Bones and Law & Order SVU assed to Showcase, but when you think about it, the reruns airs in HD, something that cannot be done with Diva or Action.

Action will have a new look, but lacks of ACTION series.

TVtropolis should rename as the "Sitcoms" channel. Whatever happened to the TV series from the 90's and 2000's that TVtropolis should program (and series from the 60's, 70's and 80's that should air on DejaView) ?

I agree, this is a dumb move by Canwest and I don't understand the point?! If Three's Company is so popular and it must be since it has been on Dejaview since the channel launched then why not leave it there so it will attract subscribers?! If you can watch it on TVTropolis (which is an analogue specialty with wide distribution) then there is no need to subscribe to Dejaview. These diginets are not as popular as the original specialty channels so in my mind there should be something unique, different that they offer that will attract people to them and want to subscribe to the channel. By airing argueably the most popular program on Dejaview on another channel that is more widely available you have just destroyed the appeal of this service. What reason do people now have to subscribe to Dejaview?? I think its time to clean house at Canwest, they clearly don't know what they are doing and this move shows that.

On another note, TVTropolis supposedly focuses on more recent programing, newer shows, Three's Company is from the 70's so it doesn't fit with this channel at all IMO?!

I think they are doing this because they are broke and haven't been able to purchase alot of new programming for the fall so they are just shuffling shows around between channels.

This is why I don't subscribe to most of the specialties .. sorry but I'm not into paying twice or more for the same few series being spread over multiple specialties. Same with Global/CTV rerunning series from the OTA holdings over them, we're being ripped off when that happens.

Each specialty should be required to have a percentage of exclusive content, same with Cancon requirements, each specialty should be required to have a percentage of exclusive Canadian content rather than just re-airing content from other channels, like BBC Canada fulfilling Cancon quotas by mostly airing HGTV reruns.

And if they can't afford that, well then the channel simply isn't viable right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripster View Post
    This is why I don't subscribe to most of the specialties .. sorry but I'm not into paying twice or more for the same few series being spread over multiple specialties. Same with Global/CTV rerunning series from the OTA holdings over them, we're being ripped off when that happens.

Each specialty should be required to have a percentage of exclusive content, same with Cancon requirements, each specialty should be required to have a percentage of exclusive Canadian content rather than just re-airing content from other channels, like BBC Canada fulfilling Cancon quotas by mostly airing HGTV reruns.

And if they can't afford that, well then the channel simply isn't viable right?
    With in reason what should the % for private channels and what should the % for public channels.
    Last edited by ottawasnowdog; 07-29-2009 at 05:19 PM.

Sitcom Channel...that would be great to have(if were available)

Quote Originally Posted by InMontreal View Post
    What's the point of TVtropolis or any CanWest specialty channels if they keep spreading shows on 3-4 channels ?

Three's Company (premiered 1977, 8 seasons, 174 episodes) is popular on Dejaview? Well, maybe people will want to subscribe to Dejaview to watch that show!

About other CanWest channels... I found it weird at first to see NCIS, Bones and Law & Order SVU assed to Showcase, but when you think about it, the reruns airs in HD, something that cannot be done with Diva or Action.

Action will have a new look, but lacks of ACTION series.

TVtropolis should rename as the "Sitcoms" channel. Whatever happened to the TV series from the 90's and 2000's that TVtropolis should program (and series from the 60's, 70's and 80's that should air on DejaView) ?
    Have to agree with you on that one about TVTroplois...all you ever see mostly is Sitcoms on that station...however I do miss the days of it being Prime and it would be nice to see an all Sitcom Channel being made available to Canada...Comedy Network hardly even airs any sitcoms...mostly Improv's!!!

Three's Company is classic. I grew up to it (in syndication though in the mid-80's, and I hardly remember it on ABC in its original run). But nothing will beat Mr. Furley (much better than the boring Ropers - I can't believe they got their own spin-off for crying out loud, and it's no surprise it failed), The Regal Beagle, Larry, and of course Jack and Janet, plus their roomates, Chirssy, Cindy and Terry.

I love the intro and the theme music, and the ending (especially the one shot on the boat from about season 4). Too bad Jack and the Ropers and Mr. Furley have since passed, and too bad Janet is drinking and driving. But I'm sure a lot of others love this show, and that's why it's heavily syndicated in the US as well (I can find it on my channels on my friend's satellite).

I've bought almost every season. I'm just waiting up to save for the last 2 seasons, and my set will be complete, and then I can watch "Come and knock on our door" anytime!