Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Citytv+Jimmy Kimmel Live=DISASTER

If you have been watching Jimmy Kimmel Live on the West feed of Citytv, you will notice there logo misses half on the ABC logo or sometime they cover it. Now I don't know why Citytv-W has to Opaque the ABC logo when Citytv HD co brands the show and adds there logo Top right corner. Im not sure how compaines F this up? Is it hard to see were the logo needs to be placed?

Well, part of it is ABC. Ever since ABC went to HD as part of the digital transition in the States, ABC has only been sending out HD feeds.

Even when there isn't a simulcast, KXLY from Spokane has the ABC logo cut off on the SD feed. Depending on the equipment that's being used, either the upconverter or downconverter for the HD equipment is either bumping up the picture on Citytv Vancouver or some other device is being used.

Also keep in mind that the Western Citytv stations never really had to switch buildings while Citytv Toronto did. When they moved master control and all of their operations, Rogers management must've changed a few things around from what CHUM was doing at Queen Street.

Blame Citytv master control in Calgary

CKVU has always had the black logo over top the ABC logo, even before the HD broadcasts began.

I believe Citytv Calgary/Edmonton has this as well. Not sre about Winnipeg.

Citytv Toronto has always had the transparent logo in the top right corner from what i have seen over the years.

I don't think Citytv will work to correct this problem as there's only three more weeks until Kimmel moves to Sun TV.
    Last edited by IMissBCTV; 08-05-2009 at 01:38 PM.

Citytv Toronto used a cover bug prior to May of 2008 on Kimmel (that's when they moved master out).

I assume that must've been a CHUM/CTV Ltd. policy.

I remember seeing Citytv covering over a A-Channel bug before and vice versa. That was after the change of ownership.

On another note, Joytv does this as well.