Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Whats up With Teletoon?

Teletoon and Teletoon Retro have had no overhaul but, The Detour on Teletoon had yet, another one! I noticed something different about the "Viewer Discretion is Advised." Its longer and says different things. And at the return of a show it say Teletoon at Night. And then switches to Teletoon Detour. How strange. Anybody know why? Teletoon at night has an [adultswim] feel to it.
    Canada lacks in HD. If you agree post this in your signature.

CANADA NEEDS HD. We have nothing!

teletoon/...

go to the website...click CONTACT US...and dail the 1-800 number...I have called a few time's ...and a very nice lady on the other end was very very helpful...

hope that helps!

j.

Question

Heres a question y did they cancel the greatest spiderman show on tv???

I'd rather be watching Teletoon Retro then the main Teletoon Network...it sure takes me back when Saturday Morning Cartoons Ruled the airwaves!!! Todays shows ain't got the same soul!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFLash View Post
    I'd rather be watching Teletoon Retro then the main Teletoon Network...it sure takes me back when Saturday Morning Cartoons Ruled the airwaves!!! Todays shows ain't got the same soul!!!
    I agree with you. Besides, the don't care anymore to indepedent artists anymore and waste times to aired lame Canadian cartoons, Scooby-Doo movies and endless Superheroes shows. I miss the real Teletoon at the early years.

For this instance, Teletoon Retro fits perfectly at my opinion. The cartoons selection is more varied than ever without to be perfect. But i wish a schedule change more regularly. (Not just in autumn or in spring. Think to the winter nights!)

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgie-Rover View Post
    I For this instance, Teletoon Retro fits perfectly at my opinion. The cartoons selection is more varied than ever without to be perfect. But i wish a schedule change more regularly. (Not just in autumn or in spring. Think to the winter nights!)
    me too i prefer teletoon retro both french and english.

ARGH! Same episode of 'Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show'

They are literally cycling the SAME 2 or 3 episodes of BB&TS on Teletoon Retro. The same episode I see this week I'll see 2 weeks from now.

What I notice is, Teletoon Retro (French) airs different Loony Toons [thanks to a Rogers free preview, even though I don't speak French] with the traditional LT opening song, unlike BB&TS we're use to seeing (what originally aired ABC Saturday Mornings and syndicated for years on Global during the late-1980's and early-1990's on the weekends at like 4PM). I think they just paste the opening and end credits from BB&TS on to a French overdub (English words on the screen are overdubbed with a French announcement, while cartoon dialogue is dubbed in French) package. But THAT beats seeing the useless junk Teletoon Retro (English) is airing!
    http://www.stopthecut.org/ Help protect male rights, too.

Quote Originally Posted by lukebenward View Post
    What I notice is, Teletoon Retro (French) airs different Loony Toons [thanks to a Rogers free preview, even though I don't speak French] with the traditional LT opening song, unlike BB&TS we're use to seeing (what originally aired ABC Saturday Mornings and syndicated for years on Global during the late-1980's and early-1990's on the weekends at like 4PM). I think they just paste the opening and end credits from BB&TS on to a French overdub (English words on the screen are overdubbed with a French announcement, while cartoon dialogue is dubbed in French) package. But THAT beats seeing the useless junk Teletoon Retro (English) is airing!
    I talking french and now for be honnest, i dislike to not say hate the new Warner's Looney Tunes french dubbing they offered since 10 years. I liked better the old version which seems official for me. I found two rare Looney Tunes VHS tapes with the first official dubbing during the Holidays and enjoyed it even if the quality print is a bit murderer in some cartoons because it was speed-up.

This is the same horrible new french dub you can hearing 10 years ago on TVA (Now they removed for Road Runner cartoons which was more accurate because they have no annoying translations.) and much shamefully, to the Golden Collection DVD's. I don't kidding, i have all of the DVD's at home and that was at my opinion the biggest mistake from the first sets. I'm glad they corrected the situation for the #5 and #6 when it's just the original english audio track.

Hearing this new dubbing since the Space Jam movie realised me how the France dubbing is reduce to nothingness. They don't have charms to the charactersiations because the Warner executives is now a greedy enterprise who bring back for the dubs the same four or five voices in each TV shows.

If i want to watch a Looney Tunes cartoon these days, i will watch it like they was originally made. Uncut and in english.