Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo glad that the Giants - Eagles game will not be interrupted by CrapTV for me! That could have really ruined the whole weekend.

What a crazy day it will be on FOX on Sunday:

1:00 Giants - Eagles
    4:00 Vikings - Packers
    8:00 Yankees - Phillies

Pretty sad that CTV has the power to ruin your whole weekend
    Last edited by Everfresh; 10-29-2009 at 10:47 AM.

Yes, it is sad that they have to leech off American networks so much for their programming and ruin things.

If it really bothers you that much, maybe you should consider getting Shaw Direct (formerly StarChoice) if that thing about avoiding simsubs by unplugging/switching off the terminal is accurate -- I don't know anyone who has it, so I don't know if it actually works.
    Or even moving to some place where you can get U.S. stations with an antenna. The new two-hour Futurama last night was the first time I've watched anything on Global or the Toronto CTV station in months, maybe longer, because I get the Buffalo stations over-the-air.

Since Miami-New England will be on all the relevant CBS affiliates, presumably CTV will be carrying it on Week 9, Sunday November 8th. Arizona-Chicago could be a possibility if CTV carries a second game.
    Rogers Sportsnet and Citytv will have San Diego-NY Giants, and Detroit-Seattle. Luckily it looks like the Boston Fox channel will have Carolina-New Orleans for those who get it on their BDU.
    Last edited by Donovan's Monkey; 11-03-2009 at 07:15 AM.

Miami-New England will go to these areas for sure: Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ottawa, Northwestern Ontario, Alberta, BC

It will probably go to Toronto too. I can see Arizona-Chicago going to Manitoba and Saskatchewan if CTV wants a second game.

In Winnipeg our CBS station WCCO will air Miami-New England, and the FOX station WUHF will air Arizona-Chicago.

Most get Miami-New England on CTV as expected, but the other CTV game (for Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and northern Ontario) will be Houston at Indianapolis, for no apparent reason. Not that I'm complaining about some people getting an extra game to watch and/or unsimsubbed ones on U.S. stations. Maybe CTV prefers CBS games promoting a couple of the Sunday night shows they have in common, instead of Fox pushing Family Guy and American Dad, that are on Global?
    Last edited by Donovan's Monkey; 11-03-2009 at 10:44 PM.

I would find that odd, I mean the best game is the best game. Global aired lots of CBS games back when they had the NFL, even though they aired Fox's primetime lineup. I'm still trying to figure out why they are doing this, but I wouldn't be surprised if Miami-New England becomes national at the last minute.

Week 9: NFL on CTV, TSN

CTV
    Sunday, Nov. 8 at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT

• Miami @ New England
    Airing on CTV Calgary, CTV Edmonton, CTV Montreal, CTV Ottawa, CTV Toronto, CTV Atlantic, CTV British Columbia, CTV Southwestern Ontario, CTV HD East and CTV HD West

• Houston @ Indianapolis
    Airing on CTV Winnipeg, CTV Northern Ontario and CTV Saskatchewan

TSN
    Sunday, Nov. 8 at 8:15 p.m. ET

• SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: Dallas @ Philadelphia

Monday, Nov. 9 at 8:30 p.m. ET
    • MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: Pittsburgh @ Denver

Does CTV normally air games out-of-simcast? Houston vs Indianapolis is not on any CBS or Fox affiliate available on Shaw Cable in Winnipeg.

I don't know why they chose a non-simsub game. They've already done it a couple of other times this year, including once in Manitoba. They still have a simsub for the rest of the country. Maybe they just thought it would be a better game, and not having a simsub in just those two provinces (and northern Ont.) in the early part of a Sunday afternoon once in a while is not so incredibly important. Maybe the person making the decision at CTV this week looked at those maps NB Josh linked to, and saw the green area in the vicinity of North Dakota and mistakenly assumed it meant the adjacent part of Canada got the Colts game on its American affiliates?

Or maybe a few people sent them e-mails asking to see the Indianapolis game? I like that CTV is providing something unique we can't already get on a U.S. station (unlike almost all of their prime time schedule), and should be encouraged if they're doing it because people asked for it. It means I will be watching a CTV station on Bell TV for at least a few minutes at a time, instead of just the Buffalo CBS and Fox stations I get over-the-air.
    Last edited by Donovan's Monkey; 11-09-2009 at 10:23 AM.

Not usually, thats why Donovan's Monkey and I were questioning the decision a few posts up the thread. I don't think anybody really knows why CTV made this decision, except that maybe they think more people will watch Indy in the central time zone.

For Week 10 (Nov. 15) at 1PM ET there's six or maybe seven (depending on the Seattle and Spokane Fox stations) different games on the relevant CBS and Fox stations for CTV to choose from that would give them simsubs. Hopefully they carry three or four games, if they can still do that. Unfortunately they have to take Buffalo-Tennessee as one of them for CTV Toronto. I'd guess Cincinnati-Pittsburgh should be on CTV in BC and maybe Alberta.

At 4PM ET Citytv and Sportsnet have Dallas-Green Bay and Seattle-Arizona, with KC-Oakland on the CBS Minneapolis and Detroit stations.
    The Thursday games also begin this week.

Here is how CBS stations work out...

Seattle: Denver-Washington (may switch to CIN-PIT)
    Spokane: Cincinnati-Pittsburgh
    Buffalo: Buffalo-Tennessee
    Boston: Jacksonville-NY Jets

I'd guess that JAX-NYJ will go to Atlantic Canada and Quebec; CIN-PIT will go to BC and Alberta (I'm betting that Seattle will switch); Buffalo-Tennessee will go to Toronto/Kitchener; Detroit-Minnesota will go to Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Northern Ontario and Ottawa. I really have no clue whats going to happen this week though.

Quote Originally Posted by Everfresh View Post

Monday, Nov. 9 at 8:30 p.m. ET
    • MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: Pittsburgh @ Denver

Apparently TSN does not know that the Monday night football game starts at 8:30 (not 8:47 as broadcast tonight)!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Week 10: NFL on CTV, TSN

Week 10: NFL on CTV, TSN

CTV
    Sunday, Nov. 15 at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT

• Buffalo @ Tennessee
    Airing on CTV Toronto, CTV Southwestern Ontario and CTV HD East

• Detroit @ Minnesota
    Airing on CTV Ottawa, CTV Winnipeg, CTV British Columbia, CTV Northern Ontario, CTV Saskatchewan and CTV HD West

• Jacksonville @ New York Jets
    Airing on CTV Montreal and CTV Atlantic

• Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh
    Airing on CTV Calgary and CTV Edmonton

TSN
    Sunday, Nov. 15 at 8:15 p.m. ET

• SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: New England @ Indianapolis

Monday, Nov. 16 at 8:30 p.m. ET
    • MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: Baltimore @ Cleveland

I'm expecting CTV BC to switch to CIN-PIT, they will be able to simulcast it with KIRO now, plus its a much better game.

But now the Seattle Fox station's previous TBA for the earlier game is Det-Min, so that could give CTV BC a simsub.
    There's been a lot of uncertainty and changes with the U.S. stations for this week. Apparently WUTV, the Buffalo Fox station, has changed both of its games. That means Citytv Toronto won't have a simsub unless Rogers dumps the Dallas-Green Bay game for Philadelphia-San Diego.

I think that Cincinnati-Pittsburgh and Philly-San Diego are the best games of the week (except for the SNF game), so especially with the simsub opportunities I'd make changes if I was CTV and Rogers.

Detroit-Minnesota is going to be a blowout, I can't believe how much of the United States (and Canada) is getting it. I know Fox's slate of 1:00 games is terrible, but still its Detroit. AP should run over their defense.

Now if only Fox Rochester would switch to PHI-SD, I'd be set to see the Eagles for a fourth straight week (a 5th next week).

Week 11: NFL on CTV, TSN

Week 11: NFL on CTV, TSN

CTV
    Sunday, Nov. 22 at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT
    • Indianapolis @ Baltimore
    Airing on CTV Calgary, CTV Edmonton, CTV Ottawa, CTV Toronto, CTV Northern Ontario, CTV Southwestern Ontario and CTV HD East

• Seattle @ Minnesota
    Airing on CTV Winnipeg, CTV British Columbia, CTV Saskatchewan and CTV HD West

• Atlanta @ New York Giants
    Airing on CTV Montreal and CTV Atlantic

TSN
    Sunday, Nov. 22 at 8:15 p.m. ET
    • SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: Philadelphia @ Chicago

Monday, Nov. 23 at 8:30 p.m. ET
    • MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: Tennessee @ Houston