Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CanView Guest

NBC Nightly News Plummets after William Arkin fiasco! yay!

FOX New Channel devotee here. After Bill outed this scandal on William Arkin calling U.S. troops mercanaries.

NBC News is #2 now, and ABC World News Tonight is #1.

They lost 400 000 viewers. 400 000 VIEWERS. NBC News sharp turn to the left is hurting them.

And more and more Americans are becoming aware of our media divides and cultural differences.

Americans are yearning for right, conservative analysis and commentary, and this is why FOX News Channel is the #1 network. They are not bias, but their commentary and analysis is fair.

They report the facts, and have BOTH sides analize the issues, and they prove over and over, that the right-wing view, is the correct one.

Like it or not, people are running to FOX and leaving NBC/MSNBC as they are beginning to make a stand.

Before their was now knowledge of a major culture difference, but now Americans and Canadians, know that we are in a time which makes or breaks the way we pave our democracies.

Liberal, left, secular progressive gov. or traditional, right, conservative gov. Their is no middle-ground, and people are making their stands by boycotting and choosing 1 media source.

This is for both sides. Liberals goto NBC/MSNC, and Conservatives are going to FNC.

I love this media war!

I have to say that I very strongly disagree. I think it's pretty clear that FOX News Channel is biased. MSNBC has gone up in the ratings since they went more liberal, FOX News Channel may still be #1 but they are going DOWN in the ratings, MSNBC is going up.

You are right about right wing viewers boycotting CNN & MSNBC, however left wing viewers are boycotting FOX News Channel, FOX News Channel is down and the others are up.

I never understood this war between fox and nbc but I know for sure NBC news is more balanced than fox. NBC has conservatives like Joe Scarbough and Tucker Calrson and liberals like Keith Olbermann while Fox's whole primetime (and Pre-prime) line up is filled with conservative loud mouths like Hannity,O’Reilly,Cavuto and Gibson. I think Fox made up this war because there afraid of losing more people to MSNBC (the fastest growing news network in America)

CanView Guest
    Nice way to spin it. The fastest growing news network in America.

They are last place. Its sad really to see how little viewers they have.

BOTH sides boycott media sources.

Liberals/Atheists/Secular-Progressives boycott FOX News Channel
    Conservatives/Religious people/traditionalists boycot NBC, CNN, and MSNBC.

And FYI, if News was purely reporting facts, the industry would be belly up. All network, report unbiased facts about news items. Then all news channels analyze, comment, and debate the news items.

Without Analysis, commentary, and debate, news would be pretty boring. Its like listening to a news loop on CTV Newsnet, about the same facts of a story over and over again.

Every media, has analysis, commentary, and debate between liberal and conservative sources. But medias prop different views as better than others.

And some, like NBC/MSNBC, only prop liberal/secular progressive views.

FOX News Channel, reports the FACTS, and has analysis, commentary, and debates, usually, between both sides, and they let the VIEWER decide which side is right.

Other people interprut that as right-wing, I call it Fair & Balanced, as they report my news, and analyize it with 2 opposing views, and I DECIDE.

Feel what you wish, but their is a reason they are #1. And news channels have up and down ratings. It depends on the big story of that time.

This is directly off Wikipedia, which is heavily monitered, and I trust:

Qoute: Fox News currently leads the cable news market in the United States, earning higher points ratings than its chief competitors CNN and MSNBC combined by average viewership.

Qoute: The BBC reported that Fox News saw its profits double during the Iraq conflict. By some reports, at the height of the conflict they enjoyed as much as a 300% increase in viewership, averaging 3.3 million viewers daily.

Qoute: In 2004, the gain in ratings became more apparent. In September, Fox News Channel's ratings for its broadcast of the Republican National Convention beat those of all three broadcast networks. During President Bush's address, Fox News notched 7.3 million viewers nationally, while NBC, CBS, and ABC scored ratings of 5.9, 5.0, and 5.1, respectively.

Qoute: However, starting in late 2005, Fox began to see a slight decline in the ratings. One of the most notable decline in ratings came in the second quarter of 2006, when compared to the previous quarter, Fox News had a loss in viewership for every single primetime program but retained their lead in the market. One of the most noteworthy losses of viewership was that of Special Report with Brit Hume. The show's total viewership was down 19% compared to the previous quarter. However, several weeks later, in the wake of the North Korean Missile Crisis and the 2006 Israel-Lebanon crisis, Fox saw a surge in viewership and managed to easily remain the #1 rated cable news channel.[18][19] Fox still held eight of the ten most-watched nightly cable news shows, with The O'Reilly Factor and Hannity & Colmes coming in first and second places, respectively. .[20]

It all depends on the news story of the current time. And when something big happens people turn to FOX News Channel.

MSNBC is last place, but it's ratings are going up, FOX News Channel's ratings are going down.

FOX News Channel is still #1, however FOX News Channel DOESN'T REPORT FACTS. They are right wing biased.

When big REPUBLICAN stuff happens people turn to FOX News Channel, it's because FOX News Channel is pro-republican.

FOX News Channel is not Fair & Balanced, everyone knows that. Even republicans know that FOX News Channel is biased.

So say all you want about FOX News Channel reporting facts, but you are wrong. They lie and are so biased it's shocking. CNN & MSNBC may be kinda liberal but their bias is nothing close to FOX News Channel.

So yes, when Bush makes a speech people will watch FOX News, when the republicans have a convention people will watch FOX News. But the facts are that FOX News Channel is going down, MSNBC is going up.

CanView Guest
    Feel what you wish, but me and lots of other people, would strongly disagree.

This is about NBC News ratings plummeting though. How they went to #2 and lost 400 000 viewers within 2 weeks.

That, to me, is stunning. Its speaks volumes about their decision to take a sharp turn to the left.

NBC News viewers may have left to ABC News, but MSNBC is up and FOX News Channel is down. So saying that NBC lost those viewers because they went left doesn't make sence. Why is MSNBC up? Why is FOX News Channel down?

CanView Guest
    A network so far down in the ratings only has one place to go: UP. A network so high in the ratings can only stay stable or decline a bit.

FOX News Channel, has remained the top news channel with ease, and still does.

It has nothing to do with ideology, but people coming on and off FOX News when hot ticket items come up. This Anna Nicole Smith thing is give very high ratings to them rate now.

Everyone is doing great with Anna Nicole's death though. Entertainment Tonight got more ratings than every other news magazine combined thanks to their exclusive footage and anna's final interview.

CanView Guest
    Your right there. ET, payed lots of $$ to Anna Nicole Smith for exclusive interviews.

When I casually watched it they constantly had "EXCLUSIVE" interviews with her.

Ok, you hate FNC.. got it. And I assume you vote Liberal in Canadian elections, have liberal ideology, are secular progressive, and are anti-religion and an atheist. Just a hunch..

FNC does have respected shows that even the FNC attackers, give credit too.

On the Record with Greta van Susteren, is a respected show on that network. She is actualy #1 or #2 on the top cable news shows rate now, because the legal cases always give her top ratings. And with the custody, paternity, will, etc. with Anna Nicole. I think she is at the top rate now.

I completely agree with TV Viewer here.

westmanguy, you make absolutely no sense. You say NBC News is going down in the ratings, which means people must hate them blah blah blah.. don't like the left wing politics they are taking sides with. Yet, FOX News Channel is also losing ratings, but to you that's ok and that people still really like them??!?! Your thoughts aren't logic here.

CanView Guest
    FOXs decline in ratings are not HUGE. 400 000 viewers in 1 week is a big jump.

When you defended FOX News Channel's ratings going down you said that when "big events" happen viewers will come back to FOX News Channel, well why would the same thing not happen to NBC?

The republican party pretty much fell apart on election night last november and it seemed to take FOX News Channel's ratings down with it. FOX News Channel has been going down for months with the other networks going up.

Sure there are alot of right wingers in the U.S. but left is alot more popular.

And in Adults 18-34 (the demo advertisers LOVE) the liberal "The Daily Show" & "The Colbert Report" beat everything on FOX News Channel.

Liberal's have made a huge comeback. In the past year FOX News Channel has gone down. CNN went up. MSNBC went up. The fact is people stopped watching FOX News Channel and went to CNN & MSNBC. FOX News will still win for republican stuff but other than that they are going down.

Also to prove to you that FOX News Channel is biased. Tonight FOX News Channel will premiere a right wing comedy show. This show will make fun of liberals. The fact that the FOX "News" Channel is airing a COMEDY SHOW BASHING LIBERALS should be enough to you that FOX News Channel is biased.

How about you buy the movie "Outfoxed" or just go to YouTube and view some video how FOX News Channel isnt just biased, they are affilated with the republican party.

NBC Nightly News' ratings is back to it's #1 slot as of last week.

Fake News Channel's ratings on the other hand are DOWN.

Anyone see Fake News Channel's new magazine ad?

The only problem with that ad is that it's false. FUX News Channel doesn't always beat Anderson Cooper at 10:00PM, they beat them on some nights but not every night like the ad said.

Last week Anderson Cooper was #1 at 10:00PM on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.

CNN fired back with this awsome ad

http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/AC360ad

That's a start, I made up a few anti-FOX ads myself

FOX News Channel lies every night
    If they lie every night who's to say that their advertisers don't lie as well
    Wouldn't surprise us
    CNN - We Report News, Not Lies

It's Called telling the truth
    Maybe FOX News should try it sometime?
    CNN - Telling the truth 24/7

If You're dumb enough to be watching FOX News Channel, We don't want you watching us anyway

FOX News Channel, The Trailor trash of cable news

Bill O'Reilly, The hillbilly of Cable News
    Last edited by TVViewer; 03-13-2007 at 09:04 PM.

The fact is that FOX News bluntly report false information and make up non sense and prolly the king of this is O'Riely. If anyone remembers the Fifth Estate story a couple years ago where FOX News was featured throughtout the story, that would show it right there, O'Riely was naming out organizations that doesn't even exist and giving obviously wrong information to bias his opiniion on things. It's pretty sad that a channel and in particular his show is so successful, it really shows the sad state of Americans I think.

And btw does anyone know how FOX News Channel is doing in Canada? I think it was a hot ticket channel back when it was licensed to Canada a few years ago, a lot of cable providers were picking it up. I really hope for our sake it isn't doing well at all.

I don't have the numbers but I do know that in Canada CNN doubles FOX News Channel. So I don't think FOX News is doing very well at all in Canada (If they were they would have made a Press Release about it and so far they have NEVER made a Press Release about Canada)

Really a movie everyone should see is OUTFOXED, a awsome movie.

I wish MSNBC was more popular in Canada, they are the fastest growing cable news network in the U.S. and are VERY anti-FOX (along with CNN)

FOX News Channel made a ad that said

"The Only Cable News Channel... That Does Not Bring You... The Usual LEFT WING BIAS... FOX News Channel... FAIR AND BALANCED"

MSNBC made fun of FOX and made a ad that said this

MSNBC
    The ONLY Cable News Channel
    That Does Not Bring You
    The Usual GOVERNMENT PROPAGANDA
    Well, neither does... CNN, CNN Headline News, CNN International, BBC America, ect..
    And We Don't Bring You Stuff FOX Made Up About Obama
    MSNBC

Watch the ad here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL5-8z7Y6o0

The media war is starting to get out of hand now did you notice how every channel just started bashing one another... a few days back i remember seeing a msnbc ad on how fox news had an agenda and cnn was out of touch

To be fair, FOX News Channel 100% started it. Once they became #1 they went after CNN and bashed them like crazy, you can't expect CNN to do nothing. Now MSNBC has joined in.

and FOX News Channel DOES have a agenda

CanView Guest
    What are you basing all your lies on!?

You have a liberal left-wing ideology!

You hate any media outlet that would give conservatives and right-wings a fair shot!

Thats what it is FOX NEWS CHANNEL gives the right and the conservatives a FAIR AND BALANCED approach in the media when CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ETC. NEVER EVER IN THERE DREAMS would give the right and conservatives a fair shot.

You don't like the right and conservatives having a fair shot in the media!

You, like most liberals want to shut us down!!

Also, ABC has been #1 for weeks now, give me a INDEPENDENT source that says NBC is #1.

ITS

CanView Guest
    What are you basing all your lies on!?

You have a liberal left-wing ideology!

You hate any media outlet that would give conservatives and right-wings a fair shot!

Thats what it is FOX NEWS CHANNEL gives the right and the conservatives a FAIR AND BALANCED approach in the media when CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ETC. NEVER EVER IN THERE DREAMS would give the right and conservatives a fair shot.

You don't like the right and conservatives having a fair shot in the media!

You, like most liberals want to shut us down!!

Also, ABC has been #1 for weeks now, give me a INDEPENDENT source that says NBC is #1.

ITS EASY TO UNDERSTAND WHY FOX NEWS CHANNEL DOES NOT DO WELL IN CANADA:

1) IT HAS A DIGITAL LICENSE ONLY, CNN, CNN HEADLINE NEWS, MSNBC HAS ANALOG LICENSES.

2) CANADA GENERALLY IS MORE LEFT-WING AND LIBERAL THAN THE USA.

I like you TViewer but we will have to agree to disagree on our views of the media?

By the way: What is your Canadian political federal affiliate?

I am CPoC.