Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MSNBC does not have analog distribution, it's a digital channel like FOX News Channel.

First I think it's kinda sad that any news service has a left or right wing agenda. But MSNBC or CNN, at least from my prospective doesn't have an "agenda" per say, they may have a leaning towards a left wing process but I don't see an "agenda", FOX obviously has an agenda they want to lay out.

AP reported that NBC News was #1 for that week I posted. However I checked the ratings for last night and ABC was back up to #1 (NBC was #2 with CBS at #3)

If FOX News Channel was as nice to the left as they are to the right then I would be fine with them.

Anywho, I like you alot and think your a great poster and a great person, I respect your view on the media. I may disagree with it but I respect your opinion.

By the way, i'm Liberal (well more NDP but that party doesn't have a shot in winning)

CanView Guest
    MSNBC was on analog on Shaw for a period then shiftend out for AMC.

It has an analog license.

Also, I checked my facts and ABC is still #1

If I was to say anyone was "balanced" it would be ABC.

But FOX is not hiding anything, their "agenda" is to give the right a fair shot.

Well I'm not sure about that case and how or why MSNBC was on Shaw cable but it is licensed only for digital distribution. Check: http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/publications/satlist.htm
    http://www.crtc.gc.ca/archive/ENG/No.../pb2004-71.htm

MSNBC was licensed to Canada b/c Rogers, Shaw and MSNBC US operated "MSNBC Canada" which was a Canadian digital channel. They decided to close operations of MSNBC Canada and applied to the CRTC for MSNBC US to air directly into Canada instead. So it's a digital channel only and on the same playing field as FOX News Channel too.
    Last edited by musimax; 03-21-2007 at 02:57 PM.

CanView Guest
    I am sure I read somewhere MSNBC used to be on analog...

You are right about ABC News is #1 again however for one week NBC News was #1 for the week (according to the AP)

I never said FOX News had a hidden agenda, they don't hide their agenda at all. They know that they are pro-republican.

Roger Ailes who is the top guy at FOX News compared Obamma to Osama. Oh and he admitted that he is a diehard republican and HATES the left.

Roger is also the guy that started up MyNetworkTV, that network did so bad that he was fired from his MyNetworkTV job and it is getting a revamp, they sent Roger back exclusivly to FOX News Channel.
    Last edited by TVViewer; 03-22-2007 at 12:27 AM.

CanView Guest
    Roger is in charge of the FOX broadcast network too..

Murdoch is not very involved anymore.

On the subject, why don't they call "Global" FOX Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by westmanguy View Post
    MSNBC was on analog on Shaw for a period then shiftend out for AMC.

It has an analog license.

Also, I checked my facts and ABC is still #1

If I was to say anyone was "balanced" it would be ABC.

But FOX is not hiding anything, their "agenda" is to give the right a fair shot.
    MSNBC wasn't on Shaw's analog cable package. It was CNBC, the business news channel owned by NBC-U.

Funny because you know, Global was planning on coming out with "FOX News Canada" which would be a Canadian FOX News Channel, the channel would air alot of american FOX News programming but would also air some Global produced canadian programming. They even got approved by the CRTC but then Global pulled out.

You know, I bet if american companys were allowed to buy Canadian networks, Newscorp (FOX) would have already bought Global and turned it into FOX Canada. Global & FOX have a great friendship anyway.

What was the reasoning for Global pulling out anyways? I think it was best for Global to pull out... do they really want to be so closely connected with FOX News Channel? I don't think it would be a good idea.

Global pulled out after FOX News Channel became even more more right wing and started to bash Canada. Global was not very happy to see Ann Coulter on FOX News saying how Canada doesn't deserve to be on the same continent as the United States. It also didn't help how Canada was becoming more and more mad at Bush.

Also FOX wanted Global to put alot of money into the network and pretty much combine FOX News Canada with Global National and the Canwest Newspapers, something Global was worried about.

Global made the right choice to back out, It would make me sad to see Kevin Newman saying "From the FOX News Canada News Room i'm Kevin Newman" a respected journalist like Kevin Newman doesn't deserve to have anything to do with FOX News Channel. Anyone who works at FOX News Channel is NOT a journalist, they are bad actors. journalists don't work at FOX News Channel.

CanView Guest
    Interesting...

You can disagree with FOX, but don't go bashing their journalists.

All news channels debate, analyze, and discuss news items.

All of them report the story, then go in depth.

You call it "taking a closer look" with CNN... and its the same thing with FNC just debating, commentarry, and anaylzing.

By the time they hit the 8-11 market, most people know the stories of the day, and the O'Reilly Factor, Hannity & Colmes, & On the Record, go into depth of the stories.. through various means.

You just hate conservative right wingers!

Don't watch the channel, but TVViewer don't lower yourself to making petty comments about their employees.