Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Thread: Romper Room

Romper Room

Who could ever forget this Great Classroom Program Romper Room that ran on so many Stations in Ontario...It started off of various CBC Stations for CBC Broadcast's like CHEX Peterborough, CKVR Barrie and CKLW Windsor until CTV grabbled all the rights to the program and it all started being produced at Kitcheners CKCO-TV Studio's...The show had a Great Run from 1958 until it Ceased production in 1991!!!

Romper Room also had various other names including The Romper Room School and Romper Room and Friends!!!

Let us never forget 2 Mascots Doo"Bee" the Bee and Paddington Bear along with Paddington Bear Cartoon Shorts and in Let us never forget Doo"Bee's" famous catch phrase by various Romper Room Host's like Frann Preppart "DO BE A DOO"BEE"...DON"T BE A DON'T BEE!!! Although Doo"bee" never really spoke and neither did Paddington Bear!!! That was always the best part of Romper Room along with the ending with Magic Mirror Time...ROMPER STOMPER BUMPER DOO...TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TRUE...MAGIC MIRROR COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME TODAY...DID ALL OUR FRIENDS HAVE FUN AT PLAY?!!! In a Klalidascope Form and then after that The Host would look through the hole of the Magic Mirror and spill out all the names of those who participated in Todays Program!!!

Yes those days of Romper Room may be gone but not forgotten by all!!! Anyone remembered that Great Childrens Shows or any other Children's show's that you remembered getting up to watch?!!!

When I was a kid I didn't like Romper Room nearly as much as TVOnatio's lineup. Polka-Dot Door, Today's Special, and all the others were great.

Even TVO had some great kid shows as well

Quote Originally Posted by lunarworks View Post
    When I was a kid I didn't like Romper Room nearly as much as TVOnatio's lineup. Polka-Dot Door, Today's Special, and all the others were great.
    Yes, TVO was great with their childrens Lineup as well and I especially loved Todays Special and never forget that Maniquin played by Jeff Hyslop and his characters name too was also Jeff and Muffy the Mouse would bring it to life by saying the Magic Words 'HOCUS POCUS...ALA MA MOCUS"(don't know if that was right or not) And (boing) Alive he went but remove his Hat then Muffy would have to repeat the same Magic words all over again and I could never forget Sam the Night Watchman and Jodie The Shift Worker who had to get that display all redied up before the break of day!!!

And Yes I can never forget Polka Dot Door with many different host and who could ever forget Humpy, Dumpty, Marigold and Bear eh?!!! The best part of the show was The Polkaroo who would only show up when the lady was around but not the guys and we wonder why eh?!!! HINT HINT!!! The Guy hosts were the Polkaroo but shhh!!! Don't tell the kids eh?!!! I especially enjoyed the part when we looked through The Polka Dot Door for a short Film!!!

But do you remember Friendly Beaver and Silly Moose on Cucumber and wonder why when Firiendly Beaver read the addresse Cucumber c/o OECA...well OECA was TVOntario's Original Name that stood for Ontario Educational Communications Authority!!!