Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

The Beautiful Life: TBL cancelled

The Beautiful Life: CW Cancels Mischa Barton Series after Two Episodes

Well, that didn't take long. The CW network has cancelled their new drama, The Beautiful Life, after just two airings.

Co-produced by Ashton Kutcher, The Beautiful Life revolves around a pair of teenagers who have just entered the cut throat world of high-fashion, secretive Raina Mayer (Sara Paxton) and farmboy Chris Andrews (Benjamin Hollingsworth). The series also stars Mischa Barton, Elle Macpherson, Ashley Madekwe, Nico Tortorella, and Corbin Bleu.

The series debuted last Wednesday to just 1.46 million viewers and a 0.7/2 rating/share in the 18-49 demographic. That put the premiere in last place for the hour and also represented a loss of almost 50% of the audience from lead-in America's Next Top Model.

This week, the ratings for the second episode came in even lower. Beautiful Life drew only 1.09 million people and a terrible 0.5/1 in the targeted demographic. Ľ

Source: TVSeriesFinale.com

Already posted in the CTV forum, thought it would be better there since we can talk about what /A\ plans to do.

/A\ is not a canada-wide network. I don't give a damn what they'll do with the now empty timeslot.
    /A\ did not cancel the show. The CW did.
    Which is why I posted it here, and it's more useful for future reference.

Since it is The CW that canceled the series and /A\ purchased the rights to air it, I guess the news should be posted in the CW forum.

I see no problem to post it on the /A\ forum as well as in both cases, we can discuss/tell what will be the replacement on each network.

FYI, Videotron doesn't carry /A\ here in Montreal so that's why InMontreal and me don't care what /A\ does. Since its not available in HD, I don't really mind not having it either. ;)

Can't say I'm surprised. From my review on falltvpreview.com:
    You have to wonder though how good it will perform in its time slot. I think the older audiences will flock to Criminal Minds and SVU, I don't think both Glee and this show can survive in the same timeslot. One of them will either move or get cancelled on.
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/

I sampled the premiere but that was pretty much it. As soon as I saw the numbers for this week's episode, it was only a matter of time before it got pulled.

Too much competition in the Wednesday 9pm timeslot, clearly dominated by Criminal Minds and the new ABC comedies. Glee took a hit but still fared better than Law & Order: SVU (which is being hurt by Criminal Minds) in the adults 18-49 demographic.

I read (on Wikipedia) that The Beautiful Life, while set in New York City, was actually filmed in Montreal.

BTW, encores of Melrose Place will take its place on The CW schedule until further notice.
    Last edited by lostjon; 09-25-2009 at 11:12 PM.

"vampire" Repeats Bite "melrose" On Wednesdays

Quote Originally Posted by lostjon View Post
    BTW, encores of Melrose Place will take its place on The CW schedule until further notice.

"VAMPIRE" REPEATS BITE "MELROSE" ON WEDNESDAYS
    By The Futon Critic Staff (TFC)

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- The CW has dropped its Wednesday encores of "Melrose Place" in favor of repeats of freshman hit "The Vampire Diaries."

The change, which takes effect immediately, will see the previous week's episode of "Diaries" air in the Wednesday, 9:00/8:00c slot - "Lost Girls" on October 28, "Haunted" on November 4 and "162 Candles" on November 11.

As previously announced, "America's Next Top Model" will air its two-hour season finale on Wednesday, November 18 with the 2007 feature "Gracie" filling the night on November 25.

It's not clear what will air on Wednesday nights come December.

Unaired episodes on YouTube

The Hollywood Reporterís James Hibberd is reporting that the CWís The Beautiful Life, which was quickly yanked off the schedule after two woefully rated episodes this fall, will air its three finished, but unaired episodes on YouTube. The first will be available Thursday (12/17), and the other two will be available on December 21.

Videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TBL
    We had a good run: 2006 to 2020. Thanks for the informations and debates.