Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Launch Schedule of Nickelodeon Canada is Now Available!

Last edited by Randi; 10-14-2009 at 08:54 PM.

Nickelodian Canada Schedule...My Nephews and Nieces will love that!!!

I wouldn't doubt My Nephews and Nieces are gonna get quickly Hooked to that New Channel when it hits the airwaves...they love their SpongBob Squarepants, Dora the Explorer in all...CatDog...That I would love...I used to watch that program when it once aired on YTV!!!

I"m sorry but this looks like Corus are joining the other specialty owners and just rehashing most of the same programming over more channels. Nick Canada will show the same programming that is seen on Treehouse and YTV.. I don't see the big gain to viewers here.

Corus has been doing this for awhile now, it's not beginning with Nick. This is the type of thing that will continue with any and all broadcasters as long as they continue to launch and own channels that are similar to ones they already own.

And you're right, Nick looks like another waste of space really, what is it; they have 1 new show airing on the channel this fall? And look for that one show to end up on YTV at some point later on.

Canadian specialty TV has become pathetic. Many of the specialties were quite good when they first launched, they had unique and interesting programming but now they have all pretty much gone to hell. But hey, its all about ratings isn't it, who cares about what subscribers want?! If a la carte was available I bet 80% of the current channels would shut down as few would subscribe to them given the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Viewer View Post
    Canadian specialty TV has become pathetic. Many of the specialties were quite good when they first launched, they had unique and interesting programming but now they have all pretty much gone to hell. But hey, its all about ratings isn't it, who cares about what subscribers want?! If a la carte was available I bet 80% of the current channels would shut down as few would subscribe to them given the choice.
    I don't think 80% would shut down there are a good number that atleast from reports well some do really well.I find there is some people no matter what the channel offers even if its giod and a solid channel its not good enough for them still.

I find there is some people no matter what the channel offers even if its giod and a solid channel its not good enough for them still.
    I agree its a matter of personal choice but can you name me 10 specialty channels that offer good quality, original programming that is not available anywhere else on the dial?! Oh and lets exclude sports channels, those are the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Viewer View Post
    I agree its a matter of personal choice but can you name me 10 specialty channels that offer good quality, original programming that is not available anywhere else on the dial?! Oh and lets exclude sports channels, those are the exception.
    When you take the sports out yes its slim pickings.I mostly watch the sports channels i do watch the likes of mtv/hgtv/foodwork just to name a few that are good.