Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Veronica Mars on SunTV

As you probably know by now, Veronica Mars will move from CTV to SunTV. SunTV has announced they will air season 3 in the fall at the same time as the CW.

The problem with this announcement is that CTV aired season 1 last summer but no news on season 2. They made an annoucement about their summer programming and there was no mention of VM.

Well, I just learned that SunTV has purchased the rights for season 2! There's nothing official on the timeslot but it's a good bet they will air it somewhere this summer.

I'll post more info when I get it.
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/

Thanks Randi! :D

I'm going to "spread" the word onto other sites/forums. ;)

I started spreading the word. I hope SunTV airs VM S2, I downloaded the eppisodes, but others don't, and would be missing an entire season. I really think SunTV should start airing VM, and quick before the summer is gone

Looks like July 18th

I just went to the SUN TV website and it shows VM on Tuesday July 18th and Wednesday July 19th. Do you think they might show season 2 - 2 nights a week to catch up before September? Wouldn't that be amazing?

Quote Originally Posted by Macjaney
    I just went to the SUN TV website and it shows VM on Tuesday July 18th and Wednesday July 19th. Do you think they might show season 2 - 2 nights a week to catch up before September? Wouldn't that be amazing?
    It's so good that they are going to air it.

I think that's the only way they would be able to do it if they want to get all of season 2 on in time to start season 3. They're getting a pretty late start.

Actually by my calculations, at some point they'll have to show more than 2 a week to squeeze in the last few. If they only show 2 a week, that will take them to Sept. 27 & that's about when season 3 will start.

Anyone who hasn't seen season 2 should keep checking the schedule to make sure they don't miss any.
    Last edited by midnight-montrose; 07-04-2006 at 09:03 PM.

It will be on at 8:00. Here's the link: http://suntv.canoe.ca/cgi-bin/publis...=entertainment

I just got confirmation from Sun-TV that season two WILL run twice a week in its entirety Tuesdays and Wednesdays, starting July 18th. I'm thinking that with the smaller episode order for season three, they may start later anyway, so they'll probably be able to run all of season two before season three starts.

Hope this puts some minds at ease. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TVGord
    I just got confirmation from Sun-TV that season two WILL run twice a week in its entirety Tuesdays and Wednesdays, starting July 18th. I'm thinking that with the smaller episode order for season three, they may start later anyway, so they'll probably be able to run all of season two before season three starts.

Hope this puts some minds at ease. :-)
    Did Sun TV contact you & tell you this? They are supposed to simulcast VM with the CW. If they only air two a week that would mean that VM would start in October.

Yes, I called media relations (I'm an entertainment reporter in Ottawa) and I was told season two will run Tuesdays and Wednesdays through the summer and season three will be simucast with CW in the fall.

I haven't been able to confirm a start date for season three on The CW, and I can't access The CW official website (it tells me to update my FlashMedia, and when I TRY to, it won't do it!). As I said earlier, though, I wouldn't be surprised if VM gets a later start, since its only been guaranteed 13 episodes for season three (so far).

I just got this correction off Neptunesite.

http://www.neptunesite.com/news.htm
    Last edited by midnight-montrose; 07-17-2006 at 08:05 PM.

Yeah, I'm not sure even they know where they're going to put them yet, but I do know one thing that's making me sigh with relief: next week's listings for Tuesday and Wednesdays shows are INDEED the first and second episodes of season two! I was afraid they were going to pick them up where UPN are at right now, but it doesn't look that way :-)

The CW announced today that Veronica will start October 3rd, so that means they should be able to get all 22 episodes of season two in on Sun TV before season three begins. :-)

Well VM started last night on Sun TV & it was nice to see it back on Canadian air waves.

THANK YOU SUN TV!:D

SunTV is not available in Vancouver, right?

I'm lucky that I receive the U.S. UPN signal, so I was able to watch Season 2 of "Veronica Mars" that way (I missed the first season on UPN and watched it on CTV last summer).

Is SunTV the network that aired "Charmed"'s final season in Canada? I don't get the WB and didn't get to see it when CTV dropped the show.

Hi Jared. I don't think any Canadian station/network picked up Charmed for the final season. I think I recall that when CTV dropped it, there were no other takers.

BTW, do you know if your UPN station is becoming The CW in the fall? If it is, you would be seeing CW promos by now. Just curious.

Confirmed, the west coast cable companies carrying KSTW (UPN 11) will have a CW station this fall when UPN 11 becomes CW.

http://upn11.com/thecw/

Quote Originally Posted by Tripster
    Confirmed, the west coast cable companies carrying KSTW (UPN 11) will have a CW station this fall when UPN 11 becomes CW.

http://upn11.com/thecw/
    Thanks for the info. I have always wanted to have access to the WB (couldn't watch "Angel" and missed the final season of "Charmed"), so I am glad that I will now be able to get CW. I wouldn't have to rely on Canadian networks to get "Smallville" or "One Tree Hill" now. Too bad "Everwood" was cancelled... I was really excited about the CW at the beginning, thinking it would have all the WB shows.

Sun TV is available in the Toronto and Ottawa region I believe. It is also available across the country trough Expressvu and MAYBE Star Choice.

I also just learned that Videotron is planning on adding it to it's illico digital line-up everywhere in Quebec this fall.

The CW is also available on most cable and satellite provider trough the US superstation WPIX & KTLA.

There are also local CW stations from the States in most major market, usually trough regular cable.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlguy
    Sun TV is available in the Toronto and Ottawa region I believe. It is also available across the country trough Expressvu and MAYBE Star Choice.

I also just learned that Videotron is planning on adding it to it's illico digital line-up everywhere in Quebec this fall.

The CW is also available on most cable and satellite provider trough the US superstation WPIX & KTLA.

There are also local CW stations from the States in most major market, usually trough regular cable.
    Sun TV is available through Starchoice & Bell ExpressVu. It may also expand to more cites in Ontario.

UPN & WB are currently packaged with The Movie Network (at least on Starchoice). I'm assuming it will be the same when they become CW.

VM on W-Network

I just read that VM will be on W-Network starting Sept 8 @ 9:00. It's probably the first season, but at least the show will get more exposure. I got hooked on Gilmore Girls by watching it on W on Saturday mornings. I even bought used copies of it so that I could see the whole series.
    Last edited by midnight-montrose; 08-24-2006 at 08:25 PM.