Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

The Movie Network Adds Two HD Channels

Astral Media’s The Movie Network today announced the launch of two additional high-definition channels – MExcess HD and MFun! HD – available free of charge to subscribers of The Movie Network. Launching today, the two new 24-hour dedicated HD channels join The Movie Network’s host of premium offerings that consist of five uncut and commercial-free multiplex channels including HBO Canada, two existing HD channels, The Movie Network OnDemand and TMN OnLine.

More...

wish we had the new hd channels

Still don't have these two channels in NL on Rogers.

Every channel on TMN and HBO repeat the same stuff over and over. People hate to admit that Superchannel is closing in on TMN /HBO. More channels with less new content equals boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steelnikel View Post
    Every channel on TMN and HBO repeat the same stuff over and over. People hate to admit that Superchannel is closing in on TMN /HBO. More channels with less new content equals boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't have it with bell either.

They all repeat the same stuff over and over. The only difference is that SuperChannel is almost financially dead and TMN/HBO isn't. :p
    "And Now for Something Completely Different..." - John Cleese (Monty Python).

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    They all repeat the same stuff over and over. The only difference is that SuperChannel is almost financially dead and TMN/HBO isn't. :p
    Actually Superchannel has been improving their service and their numbers as well. There are many out there who hate tmn/Hbo which is highly overated !!!!! They have signed new exclusive deals with fox and things are getting better every month. Theres nothing on HBO that even remotely interests me and many others.

As far as I know, Super Channel's contract with FOX has expired. Most of the FOX content is now on TMN.

Not saying the programming is bad on Super Channel but I good chunk of it is just US basic cable fare. Hardly worth $13-16/month in my opinion. If it were just like a $5.00 add on to TMN it would probably do much better.

Quote Originally Posted by bigoranget View Post
    As far as I know, Super Channel's contract with FOX has expired. Most of the FOX content is now on TMN.

Not saying the programming is bad on Super Channel but I good chunk of it is just US basic cable fare. Hardly worth $13-16/month in my opinion. If it were just like a $5.00 add on to TMN it would probably do much better.
    Exactly, dress it up all you want but it is in fact largely basic cable fare or even OTA stuff from other countries (like Skins for example).

Funny enough, some of the movies like Slumdog Millionaire are on Netflix anyway .. for $7.99/month :)

Actually Superchannel has been improving their service and their numbers as well. There are many out there who hate tmn/Hbo which is highly overated !!!!! They have signed new exclusive deals with fox and things are getting better every month. Theres nothing on HBO that even remotely interests me and many others.
    The other two have a point. If your entire series lineup is U.S. Basic Cable programming and movies that TMN/MC have stop airing since its been push to MPix and Network TV plus charging people premium rates; It's not worth it...unless you think its more "Family viewing" appropriate than TMN, I remember you now ;)
    "And Now for Something Completely Different..." - John Cleese (Monty Python).

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    The other two have a point. If your entire series lineup is U.S. Basic Cable programming and movies that TMN/MC have stop airing since its been push to MPix and Network TV plus charging people premium rates; It's not worth it...unless you think its more "Family viewing" appropriate than TMN, I remember you now ;)
    Well I guess you could consider it "premium" because there are no commercials. But I still don't find it enticing enough to subscribe, I'd rather see basic cable shows on, well, basic cable channels. And when a lot of their movies are also on Netflix already, well they aren't even getting exclusive rights then.

Heck, they had their chance to the the Starz of Canada and that likely would have worked a lot better for them, but they didn't do it. Just not enough funds in the bank I think.

The CRTC should have given one of the other applicants the chance because anyone who recalls the old SuperChannel knew this wasn't going to work well from the get go.

The sarcasm really adds to the forum guys! Do you really believe that TMN and Mpix is worth 20.00 or more? I pay ten bucks a mth for Superchannel and am happy with it ,so whats the big deal if you like to pay for TMN go ahead. As for Netflix I would be charged extra for downloading all those movies from my IP Provider so its still cheaper to have Superchannel.:D I guess some people hate to admit that Superchannel may have sports, a movie or series that they may actually like!

Quote Originally Posted by bigoranget View Post

I say check your facts before you make a quote!!!:D

Neither service is worth the money

Really I just looked at the TMN site and there are many Movies that were on the service 4-5 months ago. Where is the value in that! Throw in an extra 2 bucks for a magazine and you are ripped off even more. Both services are only worth about 10-12 dollars a month.:mad: