Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Chuck: Season 3 - Sundays?

I noticed that Citytv plans on airing Chuck on Sundays, rather than on Mondays as with NBC. Does that mean episodes will be 6 days behind NBC? Additionally, I don't know how well it will compete against FOX/Global's Sunday lineup with its target audience. Is "The Bachelor" really that much of a ratings grabber that it has to sit in Chuck's native slot?

Quote Originally Posted by lunarworks View Post
    I noticed that Citytv plans on airing Chuck on Sundays, rather than on Mondays as with NBC. Does that mean episodes will be 6 days behind NBC? Additionally, I don't know how well it will compete against FOX/Global's Sunday lineup with its target audience. Is "The Bachelor" really that much of a ratings grabber that it has to sit in Chuck's native slot?
    Citytv will be airing Chuck in Pre-Release, so one day ahead of NBC actually.

And yes The Bachelor is a big ratings grabber (for Citytv anyway), it does much better than Chuck.

I do agree that airing it Sundays at 9:00PM is not the best idea (Global's animated comedies will destroy it) but they don't really have that many options and it's likely to do better than the Canadian reality show reruns they are currently airing on Sundays.
    My views are my own and do not represent any company.

Quote Originally Posted by TVViewer View Post
    I do agree that airing it Sundays at 9:00PM is not the best idea (Global's animated comedies will destroy it) but they don't really have that many options and it's likely to do better than the Canadian reality show reruns they are currently airing on Sundays.
    If they air it around 8:00PM Sunday with The Simpsons they may have a fighting chance, but having it start with Family Guy at 9:00PM they might want to just give up any hope on ratings boost.

Well if they air it at 8:00PM they lose another simulcast.

Well if they air it at 8:00PM they lose another simulcast.
    Didn't think of that. Alright, how about move Chuck to 10:00PM. So instead of competing with Global, they can catch the viewers just after the Global's animated comedies are over.

Then again maybe Rogers angle is to get viewers to PVR or watch on VOD of Chuck or the Famliy Guy/American Dad. We keep thinking that this is the 1990's and people can only watch one show at a time in the same timeslot on the same TV. Maybe viewers will record Family Guy/American Dad on PVR and watch Chuck or vice versa.

They could always have it at 7pm. If it works for Vampire Diaries on CTV it could work for them.

That's true, They have Ugly Betty scheduled to air at 7:00PM on Wednesdays in pre-release. However if they moved Chuck to 7:00PM on Mondays they would then be stuck with a hole on Sundays at 9:00PM, i'm sure Chuck will do better than 3rd runs of My RONA Home.

10:00PM could work I guess, but maybe they feel that it will do better at 9:00PM with a stronger lead-in.
    Last edited by TVViewer; 12-16-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Himym?

I just realized CityTV have 3 shows that airs 8pm Monday in the US. While I am glad that they resolved my Chuck/HIMYM conflict, any idea when City plans to air How I Met Your Mother?

Could it be moving to ONMI?
    City has moved Ugly Betty to OMNI now that it airs Wednesdays at 10:00pm (conflict with Leno). CITY continues to air Betty out of simulcast in other markets.

Wouldn't "Ugly Betty" fit more with the Multicultural theme of the OMNI license?

They can still use the 7pm Monday-Thursday timeslot for Ugly Betty and/or Chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    They can still use the 7pm Monday-Thursday timeslot for Ugly Betty and/or Chuck.
    It looks like they would rather air Law and Order SVU reruns, since as tofino mentioned Ugly Betty has been moved to OMNI 1 in simulcast, and Chuck is set for Sundays in Pre-Release.

Quote Originally Posted by cslusarc View Post
    Wouldn't "Ugly Betty" fit more with the Multicultural theme of the OMNI license?
    Are you serious? How in the world is Ugly Betty "multicultural"?

Because the lead actress is from the Carribean. :D

... because the Betty is a Mexican-American.

OMNI's primetime programming is not multicultural. This is, however, the first time I am aware of CITY putting a first-run network show on OMNI for syndication purposes (other than Letterman).

So it turns out that Citytv will have Chuck on Mondays at 7pm from now on. A hour before NBC

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So it turns out that Citytv will have Chuck on Mondays at 7pm from now on. A hour before NBC
    That's for this week only, they still plan to air it Sundays at 9:00PM in PRE-Release but since NBC is airing both the 2 hour premiere this Sunday (tonight) followed by another all new episode this Monday Citytv doesn't have any room to air tomorrow's episode tonight so they have no choice but to air it at 7:00PM.

That's for this week only, they still plan to air it Sundays at 9:00PM in PRE-Release but since NBC is airing both the 2 hour premiere this Sunday (tonight) followed by another all new episode this Monday Citytv doesn't have any room to air tomorrow's episode tonight so they have no choice but to air it at 7:00PM.

....D'OH! :o