Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Why is TVTropolis ignoring Family Matters?

They decide to put back on Goldengirls of all shows, god I'm really disapointed with them because we havn't had Family Matters in Canada for about 8 or 9 years since
    it was on TBS. God I think it's time for it to come back on Please TVTropolis or even
    Dejaview please put this back on! I miss my favorite show:(

Family Matters currently airs in Canada on CTS Edmonton & CTS Calgary, if you live in those areas then you should be able to watch it. It does not air on CTS Ontario, might try and contacting them to see if they plan to add it on this channel as well. I don't see why since it airs on there other 2 stations and the other family programming they have (Little House on the Prairie, Dr. Quinn) air on all 3 of their stations.

I don't think this show is popular enough to air on TVTroplis or Deja View or else they may have added it to their schedule. I remember watching it and it was alright but nothing special IMO. It was part of the TGIF programming block for ABC, I liked Full House & Perfect Strangers better.
    Last edited by CDN Viewer; 01-05-2010 at 04:54 PM. Reason: corrected error

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Viewer View Post
    Family Matters currently airs in Canada on CTS Edmonton & CTS Calgary, if you live in those areas then you should be able to watch it. It does not air on CTS Ontario, might try and contacting them to see if they plan to add it on this channel as well. I don't see why since it airs on there other 2 stations and the other family programming they have (Little House on the Prairie, Dr. Quinn) air on all 3 of their stations.

I don't think this channel is popular enough to air on TVTroplis or Deja View or else they may have added it to their schedule. I remember watching it and it was alright but nothing special IMO. It was part of the TGIF programming block for ABC, I liked Full House & Perfect Strangers better.
    they did air for two days marathon on bet tv. that i remember because i watch it. It has been a long time that it hasn't play. and i though for january that bet will have it on their schedule.

Message to Deja View...Give Jack Tripper a rest...Bring on the Winslows!!!

Family Matters...yes that's another Great show to see back with that annoying Neighbour Steve Urkel(Jalel White) who would do anything to win Laura Winslow's(Kelly Shagney Williams) Heart!!! Poor Carl Winslow having to try anything to keep his doors locked to him...Yes Family Matters...that would also be another Great Show to see brought back to the airwaves and it's a shame neither TVTropolis nor Deja View has any desire to bring that show back...And here's my word of advice to Deja View as well...isn't it about time you gave Three's Company a rest?!!! They been on Deja View ever since that Network signed on in 2002!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFLash View Post
    Family Matters...yes that's another Great show to see back with that annoying Neighbour Steve Urkel(Jalel White) who would do anything to win Laura Winslow's(Kelly Shagney Williams) Heart!!! Poor Carl Winslow having to try anything to keep his doors locked to him...Yes Family Matters...that would also be another Great Show to see brought back to the airwaves and it's a shame neither TVTropolis nor Deja View has any desire to bring that show back...And here's my word of advice to Deja View as well...isn't it about time you gave Three's Company a rest?!!! They been on Deja View ever since that Network signed on in 2002!!!
    not only three's company but also all in the family. how many time do we have to see season 1 to 9?

Quote Originally Posted by julie_rose_valliere View Post
    not only three's company but also all in the family. how many time do we have to see season 1 to 9?
    Well, I could never tire of All in the Family but I do agree that Deja View though could use a little change in their programming lineup but Three's Company has aired non-stop since Deja View's sign on...It also would be nice to see shows like Amen, Benson, Vegas, CHiPs, Gimmie a Break, Empty Nest, B.J and the Bear and I can go on!!! And Deja View could use a big make over in their Logo as well!!! Another show to put aside as well would be The Rockford Files and I also ask myself Why 2 Boring Hours of Infomercials on weekend Mornings as well?!!!

Perfect Strangers...now there's a show that could use reruns for a little while! Seriously, ever since it ended in 1993, it seemed like it lasted for a very short time in syndication and then disappeared.

I can't really think of any channel in Canada picked up the syndication rights except for CFMT in Ontario. Otherwise, the only way to watch it was from a U.S. network station. Reruns previously aired on USA Network, Nick at Nite, TV Land, and it was last seen on ION weeknights back in late 2007.

I'm really surprised that reruns of this sitcom are currently not on the air anywhere in North America.

I still have yet to see how the series ended even though I'm aware of what happened. At the time that the finale aired, I was out and I completely missed it. Then in 1994, I was able to catch up with the last seasons in U.S. syndication thinking I would finally have the chance to watch the last episode. But nope, thanks to the O.J. Simpson trial that summer, it was pre-empted and I never got to see it. Later that year, they stopped showing reruns. Just wasn't my luck.
    Last edited by lostjon; 01-08-2010 at 08:23 PM.

there is lots of shows that i would like to see on tvtropolis but they seem to be very in high with tv reality. why, i don't know. I have tv reality. Do they plan of re-brand this channel into fox reality since they did ask the crtc for a licenced. don't know if it was granted. but i hope its not going to happened.

Most of the shows on DejaView are owned and distributed by Sony Pictures so if the show is not Sony, it probably wont air.

I don't think they have anything from Paramount or Warner Brothers. They have a few Universal shows, Rockford Files being one of them. I think Coach is Universal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by julie_rose_valliere View Post
    there is lots of shows that i would like to see on tvtropolis but they seem to be very in high with tv reality. why, i don't know. I have tv reality. Do they plan of re-brand this channel into fox reality since they did ask the crtc for a licenced. don't know if it was granted. but i hope its not going to happened.
    No they have no plans to re-brand TVtropolis into an all reality channel.

Reality TV has actually always aired on TVtropolis, this is just the first time they are making a big deal about it. It's not like they cancelled their comedies, they still have Seinfeld, Three's Company, ect.., they even still air dramas The Outer Limits and North of Sixty in the early morning hours. All they did was add a bit more reality programs.
    My views are my own and do not represent any company.

It may be true that reality tv has always aired on TVtropolis, but it's not like they've just added a few shows, nowadays, it has completely taken over their schedule. They've plastered their primetime (6pm - midnight) slot with them to the point where primetime is pratically all reality shows, and with respect to the sitcoms, they've all but left with a few exceptions in primetime.

And to make matters worse, the stuff that they do air is just a mish-mash of stuff from a bunch of different Canwest channels, or a few shows from non-Canwest channels (ie, the stuff from A&E whcih we've already seen), and a few originals many of which have been run to death on other Canwest channels, and I'm sure the rest will eventually meet the same fate.

This channel is truely a dumping ground, it's ridiculous how bad it's gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by musimax View Post
    It may be true that reality tv has always aired on TVtropolis, but it's not like they've just added a few shows, nowadays, it has completely taken over their schedule. They've plastered their primetime (6pm - midnight) slot with them to the point where primetime is pratically all reality shows, and with respect to the sitcoms, they've all but left with a few exceptions in primetime.

And to make matters worse, the stuff that they do air is just a mish-mash of stuff from a bunch of different Canwest channels, or a few shows from non-Canwest channels (ie, the stuff from A&E whcih we've already seen), and a few originals many of which have been run to death on other Canwest channels, and I'm sure the rest will eventually meet the same fate.

This channel is truely a dumping ground, it's ridiculous how bad it's gotten.
    Even with Seinfeld&Married with children on the Primetime slot back-to-back
    in 2006 was decent enough, I managed to watch Seinfeld enough even thow
    I'm not the biggest fan of them then what crap they have on there now. I hope
    some one will stick up for the repeat sitcoms for us or make a new late 80's-mid 90's
    themed sitcom based channnel that I wish for.

but other then that for those who
    say that Family Matters is on Bet or CTS I don't have those channels I even checked zap2it if I had them to see if family matters was on anyways i'm through
    Rogers and I'm from New Bruswick, Canada and I do have digital cable, just own
    the classic tv theme pack and WWE Classics on demand which I'm a big fan of also.
    But I wish I could have the channels you others said.

I think TVTropolis should have stayed as Prime...they used to have a great variety of Quality program...too bad Canwest had to wreck it up just they did with Lonestar changing it over to Movietime!!! Rediculous I must say!!!:(

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFLash View Post
    I think TVTropolis should have stayed as Prime...they used to have a great variety of Quality program...too bad Canwest had to wreck it up just they did with Lonestar changing it over to Movietime!!! Rediculous I must say!!!:(
    yeah, i used to like to watch bonanza. and now movietime, they are showing movies that are on mpix, so why watch movietime when i could have movies without commercials....