Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: teletoon retro

Quote Originally Posted by FETT1 View Post
    ...raccoon's gotta go...fraggle...gotta go...BUGS SORRY...but the repeat's are killin moi....
    They have to keep The Raccoons. It's Canadian!

i read on channel canada that the smurfs is returning this fall. I am glad i hope that we will be able to see more episodes!

Hopefully they will air Wacky Races. I was addicted of this show as a teenage kid.

Quote Originally Posted by FETT1 View Post
    ...information Will Be Available Next Week...
    Will Let Ya Know Then..
    :)
    This week has come and gone and still no info on Teletoon Retro- what gives?!

July is half over and still no info, when the heck will they be releasing their fall schedule- come on already!?

well teletoon announced there fall shows and schedules for teletoon and teletoon at night, so they prob figured that they would announce retro then to but they don't have any info up on there site for the fall 2010 stuff for retro yet,they must be waiting on confirmation on something before they announce it.

Returning on Teletoon Retro:`

THUNDERCATS
    After their home planet is destroyed, a band of half-human, half-feline creatures attempt to build a life on "Third Earth." However, all is not peaceful on their new planet as the evil demon Mumm-Ra regularly ventures from his home, the black pyramid, to try to destroy the Thundercats and steal the powerful Sword of Omens.

THE SMURFS
    Only three apples tall, the Smurfs live in mushroom houses and take their morning showers with dewdrops. Papa Smurf, wise beyond his 543 years, gently rules a raucous clan that includes Brainy, Jokey, Clumsy, Vanity, Grouch and the lovely Smurfette. Their only worry is Gargamel, the local wicked wizard who is constantly scheming against them.

THE BUGS BUNNY & TWEETY SHOW
    The rascally rabbit, Bugs Bunny, and Tweety and Sylvester, the lovable little canary and the constantly thwarted feline, return along with a maniacal menagerie of classic Warner Bros. cartoon characters in this antic animated series.

SCOOBY-DOO
    Scooby, the clumsy and cowardly canine, instinctively runs from things that go bump in the night. But this globe-trotting Great Dane solves monstrous mysteries and unravels ghostly goings-on like no one else. And even in the middle of the scariest situation, Scooby and Shaggy find time to satisfy their craving for their favourite food: pizza!

BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES
    Vowing to avenge the senseless murder of his wealthy parents, Bruce Wayne devotes his life to wiping out lawlessness in Gotham City. Adopting the Batman alter-ego, Bruce lives his double life as a wealthy philanthropist and masked crime fighter. Along with allies Robin and Alfred, the show features famous villains Catwoman, The Riddler, The Penguin and The Joker.

THE YOGI BEAR SHOW
    From his home in Jellystone Park, Yogi Bear dreams of nothing more in life than to outwit as many unsuspecting tourists as he can and grab their prized picnic baskets, always staying one step ahead of the ever-exasperated Ranger Smith. Yogi's friend Boo Boo constantly attempts to keep the bear out of trouble, but rarely succeeds. Fortunately, not even Ranger Smith can stay mad for long at the lovable, irresistible Yogi Bear.

THE FLINTSTONES
    Have a yabba-dabba-doo time with this fabulously famous modern Stone-Age family. Mowing the lawn with a saw-toothed dinosaur, showering with water sprayed from a woolly mammoth's trunk and eating brontosaurus burgers are everyday events for the lovable Fred and Wilma Flintstone and their friends Barney and Betty Rubble.

THE JETSONS
    Meet George Jetson and his quirky family: wife Jane, son Elroy and daughter Judy. Living in the automated, push-button world of the future hasn't made life any easier for the harried husband and father as he gets into one comical misadventure after another.

More info will be posted as soon as I have it.
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/

FYI, fall info for the french versions of Teletoon and Retro will be unveiled on August 23rd, 2010.
    Randi Dertzo

Not a single new show?

So far, only the returning shows are available. The schedule is not finalized and new acquisitions have not been announced yet.

Stay tuned! :)
    Randi Dertzo

Thanks for the updates Randi!

I am hoping that the delay in annoucing the fall schedule means they are taking their time decided on what new shows to add?! Thus far Astral has done a good job programming this channel and I am hopeful that continues so I will try my best to be more patient. :D

As for new additions,

I would like to see some Disney shows namely DuckTales, Tale Spin & Chip n' Dale's Rescue Rangers.

Also, the following shows would be good to see again:

Dennis the Menace
    Heathcliff and the Catillac Cats
    Life with Louie
    Looney Tunes
    Popeye
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    The New Scooby-Doo Movies
    Last edited by CDN Viewer; 07-19-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Viewer View Post
    This week has come and gone and still no info on Teletoon Retro- what gives?!

July is half over and still no info, when the heck will they be releasing their fall schedule- come on already!?
    sorry ABOUT THAT...HOPEFULLY WILL HAVE A EMAIL COMING TO ME THIS WEEK...THEN WE CAN SEE WHAT'S UP teletoon /teletoon RETRO...

I would like to see some Disney shows namely DuckTales, Tale Spin & Chip n' Dale's Rescue Rangers.
    I wish to see this shows too, but Disney put them now in their vaults since very longtime. Ditto for the original Walt Disney shorts and films. (Tough they have the Treasures DVD's.)

The New Scooby-Doo Movies
    I think they will aired that this fall. Two episodes was showed last march for a Superhero day one day i don't remember so much.

By the way Randi, congratulations for your hard work to make us in current of what will happen. The peoples behind Teletoon Retro did a great job through years to selected the beloved titles (Hanna/Barbera catalog) along with the most obscure titles. (Beetlejuice and Captain Caveman per example) Both in english and french language. They deserve more credits for their work.
    Last edited by Hedgie-Rover; 07-19-2010 at 05:16 PM.

Wait, so that means the following are all gone?

-Alvin & the Chipmunks
    -Banana Splits
    -Beetlejuice
    -Captain Caveman
    -Fantastic Four
    -Fraggle Rock
    -GI Joe
    -Huckleberry Hound
    -Inspector Gadget
    -Josie & the Pussycats
    -New Adventures of Superman
    -Pink Panther
    -Quick Draw McGraw
    -Raccoons
    -ReBoot
    -Road Runner Show
    -Rocky & Bullwinkle
    -Spiderman
    -Superfriends
    -Top Cat
    -Transformers

I really hope they're not getting rid of all those especially Alvin & the Chipmunks, Inspector Gadget, Huckleberry Hound, Top Cat, Josie & the Pussycats, and Rocky & Bullwinkle.

It's good that they're keeping Thundercats, Smurfs, Bugs Bunny & Tweety, Scooby-Doo, Batman, Yogi Bear, Flintstones, and the Jetsons.

I'd be very surprised if they got rid of the Raccoons!

Does anyone know which Scooby-Doo series are remaining, leaving, or being added?

On Wikipedia, it says the following shows are being added (don't believe this, however, until it is officially confirmed because Wikipedia tends to be wrong half the time)

-Tom & Jerry
    -Wacky Races
    -Casper and Friends
    -Atom Ant/Secret Squirrel Show
    -The Underdog Show
    -The Looney Tunes Show
    -Quincy Magoo

I would still like to see them add shows like Charlie Brown & Snoopy, Garfield & Friends, Adventures of Tintin, Tales from the Cryptkeeper, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by phxsunsm View Post
    Wait, so that means the following are all gone?

-Alvin & the Chipmunks
    -Banana Splits
    -Beetlejuice
    -Captain Caveman
    -Fantastic Four
    -Fraggle Rock
    -GI Joe
    -Huckleberry Hound
    -Inspector Gadget
    -Josie & the Pussycats
    -New Adventures of Superman
    -Pink Panther
    -Quick Draw McGraw
    -Raccoons
    -ReBoot
    -Road Runner Show
    -Rocky & Bullwinkle
    -Spiderman
    -Superfriends
    -Top Cat
    -Transformers

I really hope they're not getting rid of all those especially Alvin & the Chipmunks, Inspector Gadget, Huckleberry Hound, Top Cat, Josie & the Pussycats, and Rocky & Bullwinkle.

It's good that they're keeping Thundercats, Smurfs, Bugs Bunny & Tweety, Scooby-Doo, Batman, Yogi Bear, Flintstones, and the Jetsons.

I'd be very surprised if they got rid of the Raccoons!

Does anyone know which Scooby-Doo series are remaining, leaving, or being added?

On Wikipedia, it says the following shows are being added (don't believe this, however, until it is officially confirmed because Wikipedia tends to be wrong half the time)

-Tom & Jerry
    -Wacky Races
    -Casper and Friends
    -Atom Ant/Secret Squirrel Show
    -The Underdog Show
    -The Looney Tunes Show
    -Quincy Magoo

I would still like to see them add shows like Charlie Brown & Snoopy, Garfield & Friends, Adventures of Tintin, Tales from the Cryptkeeper, etc.
    for wikipedia, i was told once, do not believe what you are reading. sometimes it could be fake!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by julie_rose_valliere View Post
    i read on channel canada that the smurfs is returning this fall.
    I wonder if they still sell promo gears for The Smurfs, just like Jess on Supernatural pilot :D
    We had a good run: 2006 to 2020. Thanks for the informations and debates.

..NO RETRO INFO. YET....
    BUT...

The TELETOON lineup from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. consists of a wide-array of new programming, including the live-action/animation hybrid game show Skatoony, acclaimed reality-show parody Total Drama World Tour, the highly anticipated new series Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, the return of fan-favourites Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Ben 10: Ultimate Alien and a new season of the hit series Johnny Test among other comedy and action series. Just in time for Halloween, TELETOON is also broadcasting My Babysitter’s A Vampire, the network’s first live-action feature as well the Canadian premieres of Scooby-Doo! Abracadabra-Doo and Scooby-Doo! Curse Of The Lake Monster. Page 2 of 2

[FONT='Gill Sans MT','sans-serif']TELETOON at Night[/FONT][FONT='Gill Sans MT','sans-serif'], the network’s post-9 p.m. block, boasts a programming slate for young adults looking for a smart and irreverent comedy fix. This fall, the block features two new hilarious series The Dating Guy and Archer along with the unpredictable comedy of the TELETOON At Night Pilot Project and new episodes of the celebrated sketch comedy series Robot Chicken.[/FONT]

Just a suggestion for this fall; Have someone already seen Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures? It's a 1987 short-longed cartoons series made by Ralph Bakshi for CBS and helped him and his crew of young artists to bring back to creators-driven cartoons like in the 1940's cartoons films. It's now available on DVD and this is worth watching if you have never seen through their original airings.

It will sure airing that. John Krickfalusi (Ren & Stimpy, The Ripping Friends), Eddie Fitgerald (Ren & Stimpy), Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series) and others well know names through today's animation having worked for their first times on this TV show.

Its mid-August and still no sign of Teletoon Retro's fall schedule- WTF?! Are they not adding any new shows, is that why they are delaying the release of this schedule or have they just decided not to release a fall schedule at all?!

Its mid-August and still no sign of Teletoon Retro's fall schedule- WTF?! Are they not adding any new shows, is that why they are delaying the release of this schedule or have they just decided not to release a fall schedule at all?!
    I share your frustration. Teletoon Retro is one of the only few channels i deny to watch. I contacted one of the peoples yesterday and they don't finalised the schedule and the person didn't know what's is gonna in this fall. :(

By browsing online, i found this small page about the next season of both Teletoon and Teletoon Retro. Only the eight returning shows revealed here is on. http://teletoon.com/media/2010/english/retro/index.html

A bit off topic but here's the schedule for Télétoon (french).
    http://falltvpreview.com/channel.php?id=169

I should have news about the retro grids by the end of the week...
    Randi Dertzo