Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: teletoon retro

I should have news about the retro grids by the end of the week...
    Thanks for the update Randi, hopefully they will finally send you something.

Still perplexed that they are still finallizing the schedule, not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing that its taking so long?!

I'm sorry to say I haven't heard back from Teletoon concerning their Retro grid. It seems my primary contact isn't working there anymore and her replacement has not answered to my request. I'll try again on monday. Stay tuned! ;)
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/

That's sorta bad news! I just hope we will have anything through the week. Thanks Randi!

does any one remember in 2008 when a relase said that teletoon retro would air animaniacs and tiny toons in 2009/2010.

"According to Time Warner, “BOOMERANG” [U.S.] and “TELETOON RETRO” [Canada] will air all 1,002 theatrical animated shorts that are produced by Warner Bros. under the course of over 167 full-hour shows around c. 2009/2010, all of which are to feature numerous classic Warner Bros. animated characters. TINY TOON ADVENTURES and ANIMANIACS will also air in repeats on “BOOMERANG” [U.S.], “TELETOON RETRO” [Canada], and numerous TV stations in other countries around c. 2009/2010."

it dident happen last season is this what we are waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by spiderspud007 View Post

"According to Time Warner, “BOOMERANG” [U.S.] and “TELETOON RETRO” [Canada] will air all 1,002 theatrical animated shorts that are produced by Warner Bros. under the course of over 167 full-hour shows around c. 2009/2010, all of which are to feature numerous classic Warner Bros. animated characters. TINY TOON ADVENTURES and ANIMANIACS will also air in repeats on “BOOMERANG” [U.S.], “TELETOON RETRO” [Canada], and numerous TV stations in other countries around c. 2009/2010."
    Not as a press release, but a friend told me about Tiny Toons one time. Weird that it don't happen, but it count as a Canadian production because some episodes was animated by Kennedy Studios.

What i don't like about this network is you can exactly know what will happen later. I bet this fall, they gonna air the Wacky Races/Darstadley & Mutley/Perils of Penelope Pitstop trio or those solo segments from the original Quick Draw and Huckleberry Hound Show. I predicted that Inspector Gadget will moved on this network later after YTV pulled off of the air because it's being too old for the lineup. I think it will be the same as Pinky and the Brain in 1 year or two.

Be lucky that for now, the employees don't moved this tiny network as a Boomerang #2 who ran the same shows since day 1, but it's not far it will happen.

i asked about the grid and they said this
    ". Unfortunately we are still waiting for confirmation regarding the new fall lineup of shows for TELETOON Retro. If you like, you can check back with me nearer the end of August and I may have more information for you."

so the usual, they must be big shows there wating for or else they would just start them later

We have at least one show who will start only in october:

CASPER & FRIENDS
    Premiering Monday, October 4 at 8 a.m. ET/PT
    Casper the Friendly Ghost is like no other ghost in the world and proves appearances can be deceiving. More interested in making friends than the usual ghostly activities, Casper’s crew includes Wendy the witch, Nightmare the horse and a trio of mischievous uncles who unsuccessfully try to school him in the art of scaring people.

http://teletoon.com/media/2010/english/retro/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgie-Rover View Post
    We have at least one show who will start only in october:

CASPER & FRIENDS
    Premiering Monday, October 4 at 8 a.m. ET/PT
    Casper the Friendly Ghost is like no other ghost in the world and proves appearances can be deceiving. More interested in making friends than the usual ghostly activities, Casper’s crew includes Wendy the witch, Nightmare the horse and a trio of mischievous uncles who unsuccessfully try to school him in the art of scaring people.

thanks for the information Hedgie-Rover.

Quote Originally Posted by julie_rose_valliere View Post
    thanks for the information Hedgie-Rover.
    Not a problem. I can't wait to monday for the french retro network.

yep me too. i hope they released their schedule early in the morning...

I finally see the french schedule with a Uh-Ho on it. Many shows will be removed and one only new series (See my comment above) will be in french this fall:

http://teletoon.com/media/2010/frenc...O-FALL2010.pdf

Interesting find Hedgie-Rover,

Looking at the Teletoon Retro English media site, it appears there will only be one new show- Casper & Friends. The schedule grid is not posted but if they are only adding 1 new show then why the heck is it taking so long to put up the stupid schedule?!

I am not impressed, why no new shows- have they started to lose interest in this channel or have they been unable to secure the rights to other shows?! I wonder what the viewership is like for this channel- has it decreased, if so perhaps that is why they are only adding 1 new show?!

From what i see, it's gonna be a automatic pilot like with US Boomerang, but in more cheaper. A true animation retro channel can offered a wide range of shows varieties and not the same 6 or 7 shows in a loop. Possibly what the badly aimed Prise2 start to learned to removed those cartoons shows in their air for be aimed at a dult audience. (The Quebecor audience, i mean)

I finally see the french schedule with a Uh-Ho on it. Many shows will be removed and one only new series (See my comment above) will be in french this fall:

http://teletoon.com/media/2010/frenc...O-FALL2010.pdf

nothing much for télétoon rétro french. I was hoping for something better!!!!

Can't wait to see what's up for retro english.

I have finally a look for the upcoming english schedule. Here's the schedule from 6am to 8pm for september 6th. I will post tommorow the rest of the night:

6:00am Spider-Man
    6:30am Spider-Man
    7:00am Inspector Gadget
    7:30am Inspector Gadget
    8:00am The Flintstones / Capser and Friends
    8:30am Scooby-Doo
    9:00am The Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show
    10:00am The Smurfs
    10:30am Beetlejuice
    11:00am Spider-Man
    11:30am Inspector Gadget
    12:00pm The Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show
    1:00pm Scooby-Doo
    1:30pm Inspector Gadget
    2:00pm Beetlejuice
    2:30pm Reboot
    3:00pm Spider-Man
    3:30pm Alvin and the Chipmunks
    4:00pm Scooby-Doo
    4:30pm The Smurfs
    5:00pm The Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show
    6:00pm Alvin and the Chipmunks
    6:30pm The Jetsons
    7:00pm Inspector Gadget
    7:30pm The Yogi Bear Show

Teletoon Retro really needs a one or two hour programming block, at night on the weekend likely, where they can dig-up the most obscure retro cartoons possible. It doesn't have to be the same cartoons every week, just show one episode of each show.

Getting the rights for single episodes may be cumbersome, but man, it could regularly blow viewer's minds with unexpected, forgotten nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarworks View Post
    Getting the rights for single episodes may be cumbersome, but man, it could regularly blow viewer's minds with unexpected, forgotten nostalgia.
    It's now a virtue to have variety and find obscure titles nowadays. 2010's Teletoon wants to pick what the mass wants. Last year's grid was excellent in varieties but i feel it's gonna be more cheaper than US Boomerang this fall. :(

I have finally a look for the upcoming english schedule. Here's the schedule from 6am to 8pm for september 6th. I will post tommorow the rest of the night:

6:00am Spider-Man
    6:30am Spider-Man
    7:00am Inspector Gadget
    7:30am Inspector Gadget
    8:00am The Flintstones / Capser and Friends
    8:30am Scooby-Doo
    9:00am The Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show
    10:00am The Smurfs
    10:30am Beetlejuice
    11:00am Spider-Man
    11:30am Inspector Gadget
    12:00pm The Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show
    1:00pm Scooby-Doo
    1:30pm Inspector Gadget
    2:00pm Beetlejuice
    2:30pm Reboot
    3:00pm Spider-Man
    3:30pm Alvin and the Chipmunks
    4:00pm Scooby-Doo
    4:30pm The Smurfs
    5:00pm The Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show
    6:00pm Alvin and the Chipmunks
    6:30pm The Jetsons
    7:00pm Inspector Gadget
    7:30pm The Yogi Bear Show

uhhh.....it's pretty well the same.......... ...ATLEAST THEIR OTHER REGULAR station is getting NEW TOONS this FALL......THE MIGHTY AVENGERS!!!

Last edited by FETT1; 09-10-2010 at 11:59 AM.

The grid is now up!

http://www.teletoon.com/media/2010/e...grid_retro.pdf

Only Casper is new...
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    The grid is now up!

http://www.teletoon.com/media/2010/e...grid_retro.pdf

Only Casper is new...

hmmmm...that is interesting..I'm wondering if their going to change it up slightly...I received a call yesterday from the nice young lady saying that CASPER is NEW ...BUT they still have to work out a few thing's???!!??

:o
    Last edited by FETT1; 09-10-2010 at 12:00 PM.