Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Big fight going on over at Global TV forum

There's a great debate going on between myself and some of Global's yes men/women. Global broadcasts Jack Van Impe Presents (a US televangelist of the worst kind) in Winnipeg, Sunday mornings and by doing so Global TV breaks CAB and TBA rules airing his messages of hate and intolerance. I don't know if they (Global -ites) venture over here but come over to the Global forum I need some lefties help, maybe you folks can reason with them. All they do is yell and scream at me, just like on FOX lol.
    Look Under "pact with the devil"

Thanks

While I appreciate you trying to involve more people in your debate, this comment does not belong on the CBC section of this forum and most of us do normally view all the topics for discussions of interest.

Moderator if possible can you please remove this thread? it's un-necessary and irrelevant to CBC related discussion

Moderator it is related to CBC as they can expose Global via 5th Estate or Market Place and CBC news which is great by the way. Dianna Swain originally from Winnipeg is a class act.
    What are you afraid of TVViewer. Everyone needs to know what Global Tv is up to .....airing messages of intolerance and breaking CAB code of ethics and TBA. Perhaps if you were not so defensive i wouldn't need to spread it to CBC forum.
    It's not written in stone that evreyone has to visit the Global Forum. Have you read your own posts, pretty aggressive for something as simple as a parental warning request. CBC would never air that show and i wanted to hear what the CBC folks had to say. Obviously there are a few network employees at this site. Anyone in CBC programming want to comment on CAB? This is a legit thread.

Quote Originally Posted by stuegriffin View Post
    Moderator it is related to CBC as they can expose Global via 5th Estate or Market Place and CBC news which is great by the way. Dianna Swain originally from Winnipeg is a class act.
    What are you afraid of TVViewer. Everyone needs to know what Global Tv is up to .....airing messages of intolerance and breaking CAB code of ethics and TBA. Perhaps if you were not so defensive i wouldn't need to spread it to CBC forum.
    It's not written in stone that evreyone has to visit the Global Forum. Have you read your own posts, pretty aggressive for something as simple as a parental warning request. CBC would never air that show and i wanted to hear what the CBC folks had to say. Obviously there are a few network employees at this site. Anyone in CBC programming want to comment on CAB? This is a legit thread.
    My probleam is there is a double standard its all fine to say and in some case makes fun of whites.Net it on tv or radio yet if anything is said about another other race its racism it should not be aired etc.Aslo people file human rights complaints every time they feel offended.Yet if your white you really have no course of action.With that said do i agree with this program that aired on global but i do not agree it should be expossed if this was to happen it would be going down a very slippery slope.

Your defense for posting here is flawed, CBC investigative reporting is not going to "expose" another broadcaster on the programming they air, Yes they could investigate the Van Impe ministeries or similar in the US but the station itself isn't going to be investigated.
    My posts are never intended to incite aggression but are simply my view on this topic. Personally I don't let my children watch any television on a Sunday morning. (Van Impe is sometimes aired on late night TV here in the maritimes)
    If you have a problem with the program (or any other program for that matter) and are watching despite the channel saying they do not share the opinions or thoughts of the presenter then I would suggest you turn the channel. Again my personal opinions are the Van Impe's thoughts are ridiculous and sadly represent extreme religion in the US that is so often mocked around the world!

If you don't want your children to see it, don't let them watch Global on Sunday morning. As much as I dislike religion on TV in general (because of the problems it causes), Global has a right to air it.

EDIT: Wow so let me get this straight, you posted this thread to try to get people to post in your other thread? As someone said in that thread you are obsessed. At first I thought you meant there was a fight at GlobalTV.com forums, then I realized there was no forums on GlobalTV.com. You clearly don't understand how this website works. Nobody here works for Marketplace or The Fifth Estate, most of us have no experience working in the media (The Voice of Reason is the only person who I'm sure has worked in the media).
    Last edited by NB Josh; 01-19-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NB Josh View Post
    If you don't want your children to see it, don't let them watch Global on Sunday morning.
    Why isn't the V-Chip working during that show?
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

Can the admins please close and delete these threads? This is getting out of hand. This is a forum about Television, not Israel. Not only is Israel_Asper spamming the forum but he is now attacking other members.
    My views are my own and do not represent any company.

Exactly that's what Van Impe does, how does it feel being attacked. This is what I mean there are people out there that are hypocrites. They attack others but when someone says something about them they whine. Everybody grow up.
    Please moderator don't "offend" TV VIewer remove all of the threads that expose or criticize him/her.

Just remember if your read CAB clause 2 and 8 broadcasters ARE RESPONSIBLE for what they air. On that note you all have a nice day.

Follow-up to the Jack Van Impe Presents hate thread:
    http://www.viewers.ca/discuss/showthread.php?t=4664

The Canadian Broadcast Standards Council (CBSC) ruled in favor for CanWest regarding the show airing on CKND-TV Winnipeg.

The complainant then went back to the CRTC and "requested that the Commission review the CBSC Decision".

Conclusion
    30. In light of all of the above, the Commission finds that the 25 January 2009 and 31 May 2009 broadcasts of Jack Van Impe Presents on CKND-TV Winnipeg did not violate established broadcast standards, as concluded by the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council, and therefore did not fail to meet the objective of the Broadcasting Act that programming be of high standard.

Source: http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2010/2010-716.htm

Amen.
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."