Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Deja View mixes up All in the Family 2 Parter's

The Other Night I was watching All in the Family reruns on Deja View and a 2 Parter of the Stivic's Departure to California was mixed up...First they started off with the 2 Parter episode after Mike get's into a Fight with Archie and Gloria smakes Archie in the Head for calling him a Meathead one last time then after that show ended and before departing off the show to go to California They all shared Hidden Feelings and both the Bunkers and the Stivic's got re-married after that show ended Deja View aired the First Parter when Edith was preparing a Farewell dinner for Mike and Gloria only to find that they had other plans which were nixed cause of Archie's Stubborness!!!
    Doesn't seem quite normal does it when they mix up the 2 Parter episode of Mike and Gloria's Departure!!! I wonder if Canwest knows what they are doing!!!

i notice that. it also has been the same thing with those two episode since last year.

Seen the same problem with Canal D and Prise 2 concerning Knight Rider in french version.

Back in 2003, Canal D (owned by Astral) had bring back "cult series", and aired the 90 episodes of Knight Rider in order EXCEPT the 2-parters episodes, which includes the pilot and some key episodes. I sent an e-mail to Canal D, they told me they're airing them following the order on the dubbed tapes (which are different from the production codes). Consequently, the 2-parters episodes aired after the series finale but the pilot has never aired. Then season 1 began again and 2-parters were skipped again... Canal D dropped "cult series" a year or so later.

After the launch of Prise 2 (owned by TVA, the original broadcaster in the 80's), the exact same situation occured. I sent an e-mail, got same answer.

So, I guess they're all not following logic, but the codes they have on the "broadcast quality" tapes. If someone made a mistake years ago with numbering the tapes, it's just too bad... or years...

Also another interesting fact, if an old TV series had all their seasons on an improved quality DVD release, the retro broadcaster will stick to their inferior broadcast quality tapes, and the wrong order.
    We had a good run: 2006 to 2020. Thanks for the informations and debates.

I always find it weird when the broadcasters use inferior tapes or digital copies. Case in point, a lot of movies on MC-HD air without 5.1 .. I mean why are these new movies even being mastered in HD but without 5.1 in the first place? MC says they ask for it in HD and 5.1 but they don't always get it that way, well why not just grab the BluRay then and feed that into the system? :) I mean they have the rights to air the movie already.

Why Tripster? Because they don't care about what they're selling. They don't care about quality, class or culture. They're just trying t sell as many widgets as possible for as much as possible and most of Canadian TV seems to feel this way.

The only thing they care about is if you cancel your service like I did. Please make them care by doing this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedGord View Post
    The only thing they care about is if you cancel your service like I did. Please make them care by doing this as well.
    I agree, the only way the broadcasters will improve on their channels is to actually stop subscribing to these channels. And if that's not possible, just stop watching them all together and watch online through another website, other than their own. And email them and let them know you stopped subscribing and/or watching and give them the reason why. The only way they'll improve is if it affects their bottom line, and by doing this, it will and maybe they'll just start paying attention to their channels.

I already don't watch any of the retro channels, in fact they're not even in our packages. I used to watch TV Land, the original US version, when it was FTA on cband and I enjoyed it because it was a decent service with decent retro programming and old commercials added to the appeal. The Canadian version was nothing like that though other than they used a bit of the originals theming.

Deja-Vu and TVLand Canada often don't buy enough seasons of the stuff they do air, leading to repeats fairly quickly, if they only have one season of a show and it airs 5 days a week they pretty much air the entire season within a month, then it gets repeated for months more. If these channels aired ALL seasons of all the series they pick up they'd be more valuable but they rarely do so.

I realize it isn't entirely their fault mind you, the studios want to sell us the DVD sets these days so they are reluctant to release entire series into syndication or onto the retro channels. The thing is, the fans of the series will buy the DVD set regardless and likely not watch it on a retro station, those of us who just want to watch it without owning it will watch on a retro station.

Just checked the TV Land Canada schedule .. 4 hours of Bizarre a day? 4 hours Red Green each day?

DejaVu has like 10 series they're running in rotation .. plus some Cancon filler lifted from TVtropolis :)

I'm sorry I should have been more specific; I was referring to cancelling cable itself.

But good to hear the studios are pushing the dvd sales at the expense of the channels.
    Direct sale to customers is the way to go considering what CDN cable is like...

Quote Originally Posted by NakedGord View Post
    I'm sorry I should have been more specific; I was referring to cancelling cable itself.

But good to hear the studios are pushing the dvd sales at the expense of the channels.
    Direct sale to customers is the way to go considering what CDN cable is like...
    If we didn't have kids in the house I would have done it long ago, I could easily get by with online streaming via Hulu and BBC/iTV/Channel4 :)

Deja View mixes up All in the Family 2 Parter's

I didn't know that when I recently finished watching the whole series on Dejaview
    which i'm taking a break from it for a while. The only one I know of that they edited
    is the best of all in the family from season 6?

Quote Originally Posted by isrs4life View Post
    I didn't know that when I recently finished watching the whole series on Dejaview
    which i'm taking a break from it for a while. The only one I know of that they edited
    is the best of all in the family from season 6?
    also they have never shown season 7 and 8 of who's the boss. i don't know how many time they have been showing season 1 to 6! :mad:i've got them on dvd, when they were playing i have recorded and erased all the commercial but i really love to see the last two season, any idea when they will broadcast it?

According to Canwest they aired season 7 this past fall.
    My views are my own and do not represent any company.

I've seen all the way up to when Stephanie comes to live with them.

According to the Wikipedia, Mike and Gloria appeared in seasons 1 to 8, so that means they do indeed show season 9 quite often. After a season of Stephanie, Archie and Edith, the show morphed into the ill-fated "Archie Bunker's Place", which Deja View never has aired. While Edith did appear on ABP for its first seaon, it was very limited episdoes and Edith was killed off.
    Last edited by lukebenward; 01-28-2010 at 01:20 AM.
    http://www.stopthecut.org/ Help protect male rights, too.

Quote Originally Posted by TVViewer View Post
    According to Canwest they aired season 7 this past fall.
    what a bunch of liar canwest. I was taping that shows till this winter and never never air season 7 of who's the boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they air season 6....