Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Local TV Matters?

Ok we've all heard that "Local TV Matters" and the networks continue to advertise this. Anyone care to guess which local channel picked up the Alberta provincial budget today at 3pm MST? None, that is right none! CTV aired Oprah, Global aired "The Doctors" and our tax payer funded CBC aired some recipe show!

I waiting patently for 3pm to watch the budget and got nothing...Yep "Local TV matters" NOT!

It use to be you were guaranteed that the networks would air these programs, not now cause they have to air American programming!

Quote Originally Posted by Altaman View Post
    Ok we've all heard that "Local TV Matters" and the networks continue to advertise this. Anyone care to guess which local channel picked up the Alberta provincial budget today at 3pm MST? None, that is right none! CTV aired Oprah, Global aired "The Doctors" and our tax payer funded CBC aired some recipe show!

I waiting patently for 3pm to watch the budget and got nothing...Yep "Local TV matters" NOT!

It use to be you were guaranteed that the networks would air these programs, not now cause they have to air American programming!
    It was on ACCESS

Quote Originally Posted by Everfresh View Post
    It was on ACCESS
    Access is a bit of an oddity because of it's nature and history however I will give credit to CTV for airing it OTA.

It's more sad that Global and CBC doesn't place news at the top of it's agenda in favor of scheduled programming.

At least toss it on s sub channel for pete's sake!

Quote Originally Posted by NakedGord View Post
    At least toss it on s sub channel for pete's sake!
    As much as I would like to see subchannels, CBC doesn't even have a digital station in Alberta. And CRTC regulations state that subchannels can't compete with existing channels...

It would really be better for the OTA stations if they were allowed to have whatever they want on their subchannels.

However I will give credit to ACCESS to air it.

DTV live aside I understand that there are sub channel restrictions but have the nets even tried to get them changed? Even if it was opened up would they use them? Would they air stuff like a prov budget?

CBC might het guilted into it being taxpayer funded but aside from them...

Quote Originally Posted by Everfresh View Post
    It was on ACCESS
    Alberta Legislature proceedings are ALWAYS on Access.

Quote Originally Posted by ED001 View Post
    Alberta Legislature proceedings are ALWAYS on Access.
    I know :)

Well I sure didn't know it was on Access, it is still amazing that none of the networks carried it.