Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by InMontreal View Post
    Not to forget SuperChannel, High Fidelity's ones (Rush-Oasis-Equator-Treasure), french specialties Mystère, Planète and recently Zeste... nope, MovieTime is not the first Cat 2 digital specialty to go HD :)
    Well I was going for just the English SD specialty channels with HD versions, but if we're going to list all the digital HD channels then we might as well throw in WOWtv too. :D

Note: Planète isn't Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by musimax View Post
    Note: Plančte isn't Canadian.
    Kinda. It looks like TerraTerra got a licence for the brand and programming (just like Virgin Radio and NRJ), but they are scheduling the channel as it's not similar to the French one.
    The website http://www.lachaineplanete.ca also give weekly schedule which is way different from the France one: http://www.planete.tm.fr . Shows are not starting at the top of the hour like here, and other differences.
    We had a good run: 2006 to 2020. Thanks for the informations and debates.

Yea I was just talking about HD simulcasts of analogue stations. I don't really consider Super Channel to be a digital channel either, its more of a premium service (like TMN and Movie Central).

So really National Georgraphic (which I thought was analogue, not digital) and Wild TV (which I didn't know had an HD version) and MovieTime are the only non-sports HD channels. I also didn't realize Leafs TV had a full-time HD channel.

I don't think Leafs TV does have a full time HD channels. Leafs TV HD is only active when there is a game and I believe there is only 13-15 per year.

Quote Originally Posted by bigoranget View Post
    I don't think Leafs TV does have a full time HD channels. Leafs TV HD is only active when there is a game and I believe there is only 13-15 per year.
    I didn't know that, I went to their website under the FAQ's and it says that. I was always under the impression it was a 24 hour channel but the only actual HD content was some of the games.

It's surprising how little MovieTime actually promotes the fact that they have an HD channel now. You go their website, you'd never know they had one. And that's often the same for many of the other Canwest channels that have HD channels too. Often, the only indication that there is an HD channel is when they list a show, they put [HD] next to the title, and that's it. And if you look at History or Showcase's websites, they seem to have stopped doing that. And it's not even just Canwest, The Score, CBC News Network (well they don't even really have a channel website) and APTN are all the same, no info on the fact that a HD channels exists. They may do promos on air, but it may be helpful to mention online too.