Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

CBS to remake Hawaii Five-O

CBS is in the process of launching a remake of the very popular 70s crime series Hawaii Five-O.

Alex O'Loughlin (The Shield, Moonlight) has been cast in the title role, playing Steve McGarett. Other actors of note, Daniel Dae Kim of LOST fame has been cast as Chin Ho Kelly and Scott Caan as Danny Williams.

This is the second attempt to remake this successful series, a pilot was shot in 1996 but never aired. It was produced and written by famed producer Stephen J. Cannell (The A-Team, 21 Jump Street, The Rockford Files).

CBS appears to have solidified itself as the 'Crime series' network, they really love these types of shows. Based on that I think this show might have a shot if it actually gets the go ahead to be made into a series. Another older show, interesting to see what kind of feel this has, how much of the original will be kept. If they do what NBC did with Knight Rider (tried to turn it into some sort of Fast and Furious clone, deviating away from the premise of the original series) then I don't think this will do well. However, seeing as how this is not NBC, I am confident it will get better treatment than Knight Rider and will contain at least some elements from the original series.

Source: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/devwatch/hawaii-five-o/
    Last edited by CDN Viewer; 04-06-2010 at 07:35 PM.

I believe that Grace Park from the StarGate series as well as a great role on The Border is also signed up for a part in the remake.

It has the potential to be a great series, lots of good actors. It will be nice to see Daniel Dae Kim on TV again next year, makes me wonder what the rest of the Lost stars plan to do.

Quote Originally Posted by NB_TVLover View Post
    I believe that Grace Park from the StarGate series as well as a great role on The Border is also signed up for a part in the remake.
    That's not Grace Park on Stargate Universe. The actress is from ER, Ming-Na. Grace Park was Boomer/Athena on Battlestar Galactica. And yes Park was on The Border also.

Not sure if anyones going to make the new hawaii five-o thread but it's a
    good remake show, I hope it has many seasons and i've been watching every
    episode since the start of it on Global on Demand and the past 2 monday's
    at 8pm on Global Channel.

The new Hawaii 5-0 is the same concept as NCIS:LA, but adapted for Hawaii island, without a few hi-tech things, and characters from the original 5-0.
    We had a good run: 2006 to 2020. Thanks for the informations and debates.