Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Anyone else enjoy Silver Screen Classics?

I do. Sure, it's extremely low-rent (even by some Canadian diginet standards), but it airs a lot of the same type of movies TCM - Turner Classic Movies airs, even complimenting it. I enjoy the counter-programming on the two channels.

I'll see "The Magnificent Ambersons" on either Silver Screen Classics or TCM and then a few weeks later, I'll see it on the other channel. That's not a complaint. When duplication arises, I'll watch on the channel depending on my mood.

The Cancon is crap, of course. I avoid that. Their filler programming of silent movie era shorts is nice and so are the very classic cartoon shorts. The Film Board Of Canada shorts is mind-numbing! My god, how many different short films were made exactly the same way; a pattern of lines with a corresponding monotone beeps that moves with it just randomly or in sequence. And when it's not that, it's circles or squares of flashes of light that do the same thing. You probably know what I mean.

Watching the tale-end of "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly", I see some old White dude, who I guess hosts the westerns movie night. I just HAD to LOL at the extremely low-rent version of (TCM's national TREASURE) Robert Osborne they got. lol No idea who he is, but whatever. :) At least they're trying.

It's a shame AMC - American Movie Classics turned to s**t a decade ago when they were kind of forced out of the competing TCM genre of '30s, '40s and '50s and switched "modern-day classics" and, IMHO, RUINED it by adding in commercials (though promos for Canadian viewers) and editing for content. I NEVER watch AMC.
    Last edited by lukebenward; 04-24-2010 at 11:31 PM.
    http://www.stopthecut.org/ Help protect male rights, too.

Silver Screen Classics and even TCM aren't really my cup of tea, old movies aren't my thing, but it's good for what it is I guess.

Silver Screen Classics and TCM...Yes I really enjoy them both...now that I subscribe to BellTv and also subcribe to them both...it feels like I have an option of choosing either one to watch...I do love to watch Old Black and White Movies!!! And basically only both Silver Screen Classics and Turner Classic Movies are the best source for Old Black and white movies!!!:o