Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by InMontreal View Post
    Shattered hasn't even started yet ! It has ZERO episodes, regardless on which provider airs it.

The CBC is a public broadcaster, just like PBS. The most watched shows air on comparable privately owned networks CTV/Global/Citytv, which are at the same level as ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX/CW.

Look guys, the question is simple: Is it possible to create a Canadian primetime scripted TV series (NOT Mini-series!) that you can watch from september to may?
    There are around 32 weeks in a regular TV season, so a 13 episodes season is NOT ENOUGH. I am not interested in a show that will start sometime in november and will be on and off like a schedule cat and mouse. I'm looking for a show that you'll get hooked to from start to end that will air every week on that day at that time, NOT thrown away in the schedule to better fit simsub opportunities.

Why aren't we able to produce a 22-episodes per season series that will be renewed for at least 5 years, so we'll have enough content to rerun it in syndication?
    At this moment, private canadian broadcasters just order a limited small number of 13-episodes shows that runs for one season. Is that enough to get you hooked get you in the mood so you can't wait to watch the new season next september? Heck no.

For the record, I never stated that a 13-episode series does not qualify as a canadian series.

Also, UK and Australia have something that we don't even have in Canada: Daily daytime soaps. Other countries also have their shows in their own languages. We don't. So what if you don't like that kind of shows, the fact remains that we don't produce enough memorable long TV series.
    InMontreal, we have our daily daytime soaps. All My Children, Days of our Lives, Guiding Light, General Hospital, As the World Turns and The Young & the Restless.

Quote Originally Posted by calisiigaale View Post
    InMontreal, we have our daily daytime soaps. All My Children, Days of our Lives, Guiding Light, General Hospital, As the World Turns and The Young & the Restless.
    What ? All of these daily daytime soaps are 100% Canadian and nobody told me?
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

I believe the longest running series in Canadian television was The Beachcombers which lasted for 19 seasons! The majority of the seasons had 20 or more episodes. This feat has never been repeated and probably never will, unfortunately.