Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CH Premiere Dates & Schedule Changes!

September 2006

Mondays
    8:00PM: Two and a Half Men reruns / Deal or No Deal (2 Hour Premiere on Setpember 18th)
    8:30PM: How I Met Your Mother reruns / Deal or No Deal (2 Hour Premiere on September 18th)
    9:00PM: Two and a Half Men (Premieres on CBS on September 18th, however not on CH as they will air the 2 hour premiere of Deal or No Deal, Two and a Half Men wont air on CH til the following week)
    9:30PM: The New Adventures of Old Christine (Premieres on CBS on September 18th, however not on CH as they will air the 2 hour premiere of Deal or No Deal, The New Adventures of Old Christine wont air on CH til the following week)
    10:00PM: TBA / The Closer (Commerical Free Premiere on September 11th)

Tuesdays
    8:00PM: Big Brother / NCIS (Premieres September 19th)
    9:00PM: Fear Factor / The Unit (Premieres September 19th)
    10:00PM: NCIS reruns / Boston Legal (Premieres September 19th)

Wednesdays
    8:00PM: Til Death (Premieres September 6th)
    8:30PM: How I Met Your Mother reruns
    9:00PM: Two and a Half Men reruns / The Biggest Loser (2 Hour Premiere on September 20th at 8:00PM)
    9:30PM: The New Adventures of Old Christine reruns / The Biggest Loser (2 Hour Premiere on September 20th at 8:00PM)
    10:00PM: TBA / Saved (Premieres September 13th)

Thursdays
    8:00PM: Big Brother (Until September 7th) / TBA (Sept 14th) / Movie (Setpember 21st)
    9:00PM: That '70s Show reruns (Until Sept 7th) / Movie (September 21st)
    10:00PM: Psych (2 Hour Premiere Setpember 14th at 9:00PM)

Fridays
    8:00PM: Dateline / Wild Card (Starting September 15th)
    9:00PM: The Unit reruns / Dateline (Starting Setpember 15th)
    10:00PM: 20/20

(Dateline airs Saturdays at 8:00PM)

Sundays
    7:00PM: Doc
    8:00PM: Big Brother (Until September 3rd) / Extreme Makeover Home Edition (2 Hour Premiere on September 17th at 8:00PM)
    9:00PM: Extreme Makeover Home Edition reruns / TBA / Movie (Starting September 10th)
    10:00PM: One Tree Hill / TBA / Movie (Starting September 10th)

October & November 2006

Mondays
    8:00PM: Deal or No Deal
    9:00PM: Two and a Half Men
    9:30PM: The New Adventures of Old Christine
    10:00PM: The Closer

Tuesdays
    8:00PM: NCIS
    9:00PM: The Unit
    10:00PM: Boston Legal

Wednesdays
    8:00PM: TBA (October) / Til Death (November)
    8:30PM: How I Met Your Mother (Premieres October 4th)
    9:00PM: The Biggest Loser
    10:00PM: Saved

Thursdays
    8:00PM: Movie
    10:00PM: Psych

Fridays
    8:00PM: Wild Card / The Next Great Chef (no premiere date set)
    9:00PM: Trading Spouses Meet Your New Mommy (2 Hour premiere on October 6th at 8:00PM)
    10:00PM: 20/20

(Dateline airs Saturdays at 8:00PM)

Sundays
    7:00PM: Doc
    8:00PM: Extreme Makeover Home Edition
    9:00PM: Movie

In January they have the new comedys Big Day, Help Me Help You, My Boys, 10 Items are Less, along with the final season of King of Queens and the 2nd seasons of American Inventor & The Loop. Along with the new season of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Last Comic Standing will have ended by September. Will and Grace was cancelled last season
    Last edited by TVViewer; 09-04-2006 at 11:48 PM.

First Post updated!

For CH Montreal...(not including the ethnic programming)

Sunday
    7:00pm Two and a Half Men
    7:30pm The New Adventures of Old Christine
    8:00pm Etreme Makeover : Home Edition

Monday
    8:00pm Deal or No Deal

Tuesday
    8:00pm NCIS
    9:00pm The Unit
    10:00pm Boston Legal

Wednesday
    10:00pm Saved

Thursday
    10:00pm Psych

Friday
    10:00pm 20/20

The rest of the primetime schedule is ethnic programming

First post updated.

I'm guessing the new season of One Tree Hill won't be on the schedual?

Nope, the new season of One Tree Hill wont air until Summer 2007 on CH, the show just doesn't do well enough to be on the fall schedule.

Anyways, that's the schedule, how do you think CH will do this season?

So far, none of the Sunday schedulings of How I Met Your Mother on CH and 2 1/2 Men and Old Christine match with any of the other schedules I've seen. As far as I can see, the soonest any of them premiere is Monday in their CBS timeslots.

Quote Originally Posted by TVViewer View Post
    Nope, the new season of One Tree Hill wont air until Summer 2007 on CH, the show just doesn't do well enough to be on the fall schedule.
    Yeah. I just don't think people know it's on. It was good enough for Global's fall TV schedual what was it last year? or two years ago? Anywho, I'll just watch it on The CW, assuming I get it.

First for the Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, & The New Adventures of Old Christine, the poster was talking about CH Montreal only, the CH stations in Victoria, Hamilton, Red Deer, Kelowna, and Kamloops will skip the season premieres of Two and a Half Men, The New Adventures of Old Christine, and How I Met Your Mother due to the 2 hour premieres of Deal or No Deal & The Biggest Loser.

as for One Tree Hill yes it did air on Global a few years ago, after season 1 of One Tree Hill aired on The WB with solid ratings Global picked up the show and aired it in the summer, the ratings were very good so they moved the show to Fridays at 8:00PM in the fall. The fall ratings for One Tree Hill on Global were ok but not perfect, so they decided to keep One Tree Hill as a summer show on Global, last summer for some reason they decided to air One Tree Hill on CH instead of Global, the ratings were OK but not great so it wont return til Summer 2007

Some other reasons why Global doesn't air One Tree Hill in the fall is because of the huge amount of shows they have from other networks, most of the shows they have do much better than One Tree Hill so it's very hard to find a place for One Tree Hill on the schedule. Also due to the scheduling of The WB & The CW Global is not able to simulcast One Tree Hill with The WB/The CW so the show get's lower ratings than a show that airs in simulcast with networks like CBS,NBC,FOX,ect..

Really One Tree Hill is great summer filler for Global/CH just not strong enough for the fall schedule.

Unfortunately, as I write this, Channel Canada is still listing (in its premieres on the home page) that How I Met Your Mother will premiere Sunday at 7:30. I think a lot of viewers who rely on that part of the site for their next premieres will be disappointed when they tune in at 7:30 and see some sad filler show.

As for One Tree Hill, you have to admit that the real reason it has been exiled to the summer is that Canadian TV has become addicted to/dependent on reality TV, which MUST be simulcast. That's certainly why CTV has had trouble finding places in the past few years for The West Wing, Law & Order, Veronica Mars and others.

Reality TV is the purple loosestrife of the television industry, strangling REAL televison off of the schedules. When there's not even room for American TV, how can we expect to find any serious attempts at Canadian TV!

Canadian TV is in such a sad, sad state.

I hopefully the channel canada viewers will check out the offical list of CH premieres or see the ads on CH

For the most part reality tv must be simulcast however to be fair, it does get very good ratings.

The reason why CTV didn't air The West Wing was because of the higher rated CBS drama Cold Case, and the reason why CTV didn't have a regular spot for Law and Order is because CTV aired the higher rated CBS drama CSI New York, reality tv had nothing to do with these shows not airing on CTV.

As for Veronica Mars, it's the lowest rated returning show on brodcast television, critics may love it but the ratings are awful, that's the reason why CTV dropped the show

as for One Tree Hill, it just doesn't do good enough for the fall, it's not reality tv's fault.

Points well taken on Veronica and One Tree Hill (which I could never get into), but The West Wing and Law And Order, I got the word from CTV publicity at the time that its glut of reality was the reason they couldn't find places for either of those shows (actually, they included Veronica, as well). They didn't need to simulcast either WW or L&O, so they could've put it someplace if there weren't so much reality, which has to be simulcast. That's what I meant by blaming reality (which, admittedly, I despise!) :-)

Humm well really it's CTV fault still, if they are going to blame it on reality tv then why do they pick up all these reality shows?

Global is coming close to beating them, According to Global in some cities House was able to beat Canadian Idol head to head at 8:00PM, also Prison Break wins it's 8:00PM slot and Vanished wins it's 9:00PM slot, and this is against Canadian Idol! Now this may not be nationally but still I think beating Canadain Idol even in some cities is pretty good!

And reality tv for the most part does have to be simulcast, remember when Global moved the hit drama 24 to post release just so they could simulcast a reality show?

Unfortunately, as I write this, Channel Canada is still listing (in its premieres on the home page) that How I Met Your Mother will premiere Sunday at 7:30.
    I guess I missed that one. I've corrected the date as well as posted a note for the rescheduling of the show on the main page. Hopefully, people will catch this note and update their calendar...
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/

Thanks for updating it. I don't want to be a pain or anything but just so you know you have Deal or No Deal premiereing on Global when it will premiere on CH instead

Thanks for updating it. I don't want to be a pain or anything but just so you know you have Deal or No Deal premiereing on Global when it will premiere on CH instead
    I've corrected this as well. You're not a pain TVViewer, I acutally appreciate you telling me. I try to keep the list as up-to-date as possible but it's difficult to keep track of them all. So if you notice other errors, let me know!
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/

I really give you guys credit, it's very hard to keep track of all the premiere dates on all the networks!

Also last weeks ratings for Canada, Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary are up in the Chit Chat fourm, make sure you have a look!

Thanks, Randi, for updating the How I Met Your Mother date, and I think I caught the correction before the show was scheduled to air, so I appreciate the quick action on that! This site is getting so big (and so comprehensive) that I don't know how you keep track of everything. I hope I didn't sound too complain-y in my earlier post. :-)