Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Global has RECORDING BREAKING HUGE PLANS to promote the fall season!

GLOBAL TELEVISION LAUNCHES
    MASSIVE MULTIPLATFORM MARKETING BLITZ
    IN SUPPORT OF FALL 2006 PRIMETIME SCHEDULE

NATIONAL 'MEDIA DOMINATION' ROLLOUT
    TO FEATURE STRATEGIC MIX OF
    OUTDOOR, RADIO, ONLINE, PRINT, GUERILLA and
    EVENT MARKETING INITIATIVES

NETWORK TO BE SOLE ADVERTISER IN
    KEY MEDIA PROPERTIES

(TORONTO - August 16, 2006) Global Television today announced details surrounding a groundbreaking national marketing campaign in support of its critically-acclaimed Fall 2006 primetime schedule.

Commencing this week and running through November, the Global exclusive Media Domination 2006 rollout represents one of the largest and most aggressive Fall Launch marketing initiatives on record in Canada, featuring an unprecedented, exclusive buy of the country's best major market advertising properties.

The strategic multiplatform execution features Global Television as the sole advertiser in a selection of the most sought-after locations and media outlets in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.

"This campaign is another example of how we're continuing to reinvent the marketing of Global Television," said Walter Levitt, Senior Vice President of Marketing - Television and Radio, CanWest MediaWorks. "To ensure our message resonates with audiences, we're always looking for new ideas that are completely different, and break through the clutter."

A wide variety of custom creative has been tailored to key Global franchises Prison Break, House, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Survivor, Shark, and Brothers & Sisters, with select outdoor creative updated regularly to reflect Global series’ premiere dates - reprising the highly successful strategy that garnered a Canadian first for the network in 2005.

Key drop dates for the radio, online and guerilla portions of the campaign are both Monday, August 21st and Tuesday, September 5th - also geared to promote series’ premiere days.

Notably, the guerilla marketing teams will enhance the overall messaging with a number of initiatives including dramatic street level vignettes - each inspired by the Global hit series, Prison Break.

GLOBAL 'MEDIA DOMINATION' 2006 HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:

OUTDOOR: Commencing the first week of September and throughout the Fall, Canada's largest and most-travelled transit system, the Toronto Subway, will feature an unprecedented marketing maneuvre, as Global Television exclusively takes over the inside of the key Union, Yonge/Bloor and St. George Stations. Similarly, the high volume Yonge and York expressway tunnels into downtown Toronto will showcase the all-Global theme. In addition, Global is the first third-party advertiser ever to use the giant landmark Sears board at the Eaton Centre and the only advertiser to use the outside wall of the Scarborough Town Centre. Notably, these Global primetime messages will generate approximately 50million impressions. Other national outdoor applications include premium video boards, elevator boards and billboards.
    RADIO: On Monday, August 21st and Tuesday, September 5th, Global Television will be the exclusive advertiser on key Toronto and Vancouver stations, 102.1 The Edge, 99.9 Mix FM, CFOX and Z95. Throughout the broadcast day, listeners will be able to catch custom spots, program updates, interviews and soundbites from series celebrities, Global personalities and the latest buzz geared to the returning primetime schedule.

Monday, August 21 – (3pm-8pm* / 12pm-8pm**):
    102.1 The Edge (Toronto)*
    CFOX (Vancouver)*
    Z95 FM (Vancouver) **
    Tuesday, September 5 – (5am-8pm) FULL DAY:
    99.9 Mix FM (Toronto)
    Z95 FM (Vancouver)
    ONLINE: On Tuesday, September 5th, Global Television will be the sole advertiser across canada.com with banners, billboards and editorial refreshed throughout the day.
    GUERILLA: On the morning of Monday, August 21st - to celebrate season premiere day for Prison Break on Global, street teams dressed as 'chain-gang inmates' and 'guards' will conduct mock chases throughout key commuter locations in both Toronto and Vancouver. The guards will be handing out WANTED flyers, promoting key characters and tuning information, and interacting with pedestrians to create primetime awareness.
    EVENT MARKETING: From August 18th through September 3rd "The Global Prison Break Challenge" will debut at the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) in Toronto. The Global street team puts CNE visitors 'on the run' to complete a quest for instant prizes and the chance to qualify for the grand prize of $150,000 in cash.
    All creative and media plans were developed in-house by the Global Television Marketing department.

Wow. I hope they give CTV a run for their money to be Canada's most watched network.

then ctv will have to change their slogan.

"CANADA'S WATCHING CTV... Well some of Canada anyway"

"CTV CANADA'S #2 NETWORK"

You know, even if Global does beat CTV, CTV may even still say they are #1.

Remember they say their news is #1 but it's not, since Kevin Newman's newscast moved to it's new time it has become #1, have a look at the ONTARIO ratings for Feb 6th-12th

1. CSI (CTV)
    2. American Idol (CTV)
    3. American Idol (CTV)
    4. Desperate Housewives (CTV)
    5. Survivor (Global)
    6. CSI Miami (CTV)
    7. ER (CTV)
    8. Lost (CTV)
    9. Olympic Opening Ceremonies (CBC)
    10. Law and Order SVU (CTV)
    11. Grey's Anatomy (CTV)
    12. House (Global)
    13. Law and Order (CTV)
    14. Olympic Winter Games (CBC)
    15. CTV Evening News (CTV)
    16. Hockey Night in Canada (CBC)
    17. 24 (Global)
    18. Grammy Awards (Global)
    19. Criminal Minds (CTV)
    20. Olympic Winter Games (CBC)
    21. Fifth Estate (CBC)
    22. Olympic Winter Games (CBC)
    23. Global National (Global)
    24. Without a Trace (Global)
    25. Corner Gas (CTV)
    26. Medium (CTV)
    27. The Bachelor (City TV)
    28. My Name is Earl (Global)
    29. Cold Case (CTV)
    30. CTV National News (CTV)

Like I always say to my wife when they run those bumpers, "Canada's watching CTV" .. "not by choice since my IPG said ABC!" .. lol

Quote Originally Posted by TVViewer View Post
    You know, even if Global does beat CTV, CTV may even still say they are #1.

Remember they say their news is #1 but it's not, since Kevin Newman's newscast moved to it's new time it has become #1, have a look at the ONTARIO ratings for Feb 6th-12th

Well to be fair, if you're judging the ratings just by the viewership in Ontario, thats not really fair since CTV makes that statment based on the entire country as a whole and not just by Ontario. It might be #1 in Ontario but as a whole is it #1 in Canada? But then again I don't know what the ratings for either of the newscasts, maybe Global National is #1 for the entire country as well, I dunno, but I'm just saying if you're judging it just by Ontario alone it's not fair since they judge it by the entire country.

It's #1 for Canada as well.

Check out the Chit Chat forum, I have the top 30 shows posted for Canada, Ontario, Toronto, and Vancouver.

I find Global News so much more appealing. It's more modern, has better reporters (imo), with diversity. The only reason I'll watch CTV News is for local news not national, because Global doesn't have a Northern Ontario affiliate, and therefore I get mostly Toronto news from Global.

Oh.. And I think Prison Break lost the battle with Canadian Idol. According to CTV, Canadian Idol peaked at 2.5 Million. I hate when they use the peak term, and then say the average of the other network.. which was something like 1.4 million for Prison Break.

According to Global, Prison Break beat Canadian Idol in Toronto & Vancouver.

I will get the ratings posted soon.

Ratings are up in the chit chat forum!

CTV is better than Global. CTV is Canada's number one network CTV has Canada's highest rated Canadian series like Corner Gas Canadian Idol and has series picked up by american networks like Degrassi and Instant star. CTV also has the most programs in the top rated list also. CTV maybe losing in the news divison ( not local most of the time) and they might not get the top rated show for like one week but saying youre Canada's number one network means anything like maybe more people recognise there logo or something. Globals' logo looks really stupid anyways. CTV is probably going to keep the number one spot too because of the accustion of Chum (Citytv) where they could take succesful programs from City and move it to CTV so they appear greater too.

When they say they are Canada's #1 Network, they mean by ratings, and to be fair CTV is #1 in the ratings for Canada.

Once CTV owns CHUM, you wont see any City TV shows move to CTV, all of the programs from City TV don't do that well, and they sure don't do well enough to air on CTV, however what you may see is some lower rated CTV programs air on City TV

So how do you think Global will do vs CTV and City TV this fall?