Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Investigation Discovery/Court TV

Hi .. new here, just joined. Does anyone know if we will be able to view court trials same as always, via In Session, once Court TV becomes Investigation Discovery. If anyone knows, your answer would be greatly appreciated !
    Thank you,
    Elizabeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Hi .. new here, just joined. Does anyone know if we will be able to view court trials same as always, via In Session, once Court TV becomes Investigation Discovery. If anyone knows, your answer would be greatly appreciated !
    Thank you,
    Elizabeth.
    Investigation Discovery's September 2010 grid is posted here via FALLTVPREVIEW.COM

In Session does not appear on the schedule

New Format

Why did courtv change their programming? They no longer cover trials on In Session which is something a lot of people watch. Why not leave it as it was with showing ID in the evening hours or after 3pm each day?
    What was wrong with that line up? I for one and I happen to know many others who will NOT watch ID all day long. Actually I won't be watching it all!
    We want out In Session trials back!:mad:

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Why did courtv change their programming? They no longer cover trials on In Session which is something a lot of people watch. Why not leave it as it was with showing ID in the evening hours or after 3pm each day?
    What was wrong with that line up? I for one and I happen to know many others who will NOT watch ID all day long. Actually I won't be watching it all!
    We want out In Session trials back!:mad:
    I was so angry that they canceled court tv, that I cancelled the ID channel. Everyone should also cancel, maybe they will bring court tv back. Court tv was unique, the programming they have on now, you can see on many other channels.
    Last edited by oceanview; 08-30-2010 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanview View Post
    I was so angry that they canceled court tv, that I cancelled the ID tv. Everyone should also cancel, maybe they will bring court tv back. Court tv was unique, the programming they have on now, you can see on many other channels.

Hi oceanview I agree! I was telling hubs today that I might as well cancel the channel too because I have no desire to watch it. I never even put it on since I found out they changed the line up.
    I hope they shot themselves in the proverbial foot,,,serves them right. :mad:
    ugh!!!

[quote=Moe;35807]Hi oceanview I agree! I was telling hubs today that I might as well cancel the channel too because I have no desire to watch it. I never even put it on since I found out they changed the line up.
    I hope they shot themselves in the proverbial foot,,,serves them right. :mad:
    ugh!!![/quote

Unless people cancel this channel, write or phone to complain, they will have no reason to bring back court tv. All we can do is try.

oceanview is so right...if everyone who is unhappy without the court trials...let it be known and call your cable provider to cancel the Investigation Discovery channel.

Quote Originally Posted by cjkennedy View Post
    oceanview is so right...if everyone who is unhappy without the court trials...let it be known and call your cable provider to cancel the Investigation Discovery channel.
    The chances of that happening are slim to none.For ctv to cancel id they would have to get thousands of complaints.Court tv was not really one of the best channels and ctv rebrand of it i think speaks volumes how well court tv was doing.

ID vs court tv

Quote Originally Posted by ottawasnowdog View Post
    The chances of that happening are slim to none.For ctv to cancel id they would have to get thousands of complaints.Court tv was not really one of the best channels and ctv rebrand of it i think speaks volumes how well court tv was doing.
    There are millions of people in Canada and I'm sure there are thousands if not more who enjoyed watching court tv. It's been on the air for 20 years, this alone must prove the popularity of this program.
    If no one cancels, writes or phones in their complaints then our chances of having it returned will surely be slim to none.
    It can be done if everyone does their share.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanview View Post
    There are millions of people in Canada and I'm sure there are thousands if not more who enjoyed watching court tv. It's been on the air for 20 years, this alone must prove the popularity of this program.
    If no one cancels, writes or phones in their complaints then our chances of having it returned will surely be slim to none.
    It can be done if everyone does their share.
    As a rule a channela does not get rebranded if its doing well subscriber wise.If court tv was doing very well and you think millions of people like it the chances are it would not have been rebranded.My guess is court tv was hurting subscriber wise.

court tv vs ID

As a rule a channela does not get rebranded if its doing well subscriber wise.If court tv was doing very well and you think millions of people like it the chances are it would not have been rebranded.My guess is court tv was hurting subscriber wise.
    It also could be they don't want to pay the cost of the new contract. ID channel may be cheaper to air. You know what they say, money talks. They may get a rude awakening by making this decision.
    I've been visiting a lot of different sites since yesterday and I can say that there are a lot of unhappy viewers.
    If we do nothing, nothing gets done.

The decision to rebrand wasn't because of ratings, it was because the contract ended with "In Session" the trial portion of Court Tv Canada (9am to 3pm). I'm sure the reasons they didn't renew were financial.

If you read the quote from the ID website it explains.

Quote from ID

There have been changes both large and small to the schedule as we transition from CourtTV to Investigation Discovery. "In Session" the afternoon courtroom series is an example of such a change. The contract for that program has ended and subsequently we no longer have the Canadian rights to broadcast it. We understand that there is a following for this program and to those of you who will miss it, we offer the assurance that our new Investigation Discovery channel programming will equal and even surpass the quality and level of engagement you have come to expect.

Stick around, we're confident you will like what you see. Thanks for being an Investigation Discovery viewer.

Unless you were a true fan of In Session and Court Tv Canada you will not feel the impact of this loss.

Oceanview on ID website there is a comment section.

bring back court tv

I know, I already left a comment there about how I feel. They said they had to review it before they could print it.

I believe Tru TV is on the list of elitible services in Canada. It was dropped from cable systems in favor of Court TV Canada however I do not believe the service was actually removed from the list of eligible services.

Perhapse cable systems can work out a deal with Tru TV directly to get the channel returned to the dial in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by bigoranget View Post
    I believe Tru TV is on the list of elitible services in Canada. It was dropped from cable systems in favor of Court TV Canada however I do not believe the service was actually removed from the list of eligible services.

Perhapse cable systems can work out a deal with Tru TV directly to get the channel returned to the dial in Canada.
    Any ideas of how to get the ball rolling on this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

credit

I cancelled ID channel and they said I was paid up to Sept 25, today I called them and told them since I'm not getting court tv I wanted a credit because I wasn't about to pay for something I didn't want, they gave me a credit. If your paid up to a certain date you should also call up for a credit. This should get their attention if enough people call.

You are correct, TruTV is still on the approved list and was never removed, similar to TV Land US.

Any ideas of how to get the ball rolling on this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Two suggestions for you,

First, contact CTV and tell them you want them to air this In Session program, if enough people contact them and they see how much demand there is for it then perhaps they will try and reach a deal and put it into the schedule somewhere. Its a long shot to be honest, they have in essence launched a new channel here with Investigation Discovery but you never know until you try.

Regarding TruTV, call your service provider and request that they add TruTV to their lineup. The more people that do this the better chance you have that they will look into adding it. Don't forget of course that they have to reach a deal first with TruTV. Also, several of the shows that air on TruTV have been picked up by Canwest and air on Action so there might be some programming issues to work out. Its also possible that TruTV is not interested in broadcasting in Canada in which case you are out of luck, sorry :(

I would also contact TruTV in the US and ask them about this show and see what they say. Perhaps there is some other way to get it in Canada, although there is no other channel I can think of where this programming would fit?!
    Last edited by CDN Viewer; 08-31-2010 at 03:22 PM.

Hi everyone, here is the email addy to ID if anyone wishes to email them and complain about their new changes. I've already sent one off so the more the merrior.
    I want In Session back! :mad:

Here's their email addy.
    comments@investigationdiscovery.ca

Keep up the emails!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Hi everyone, here is the email addy to ID if anyone wishes to email them and complain about their new changes. I've already sent one off so the more the merrior.
    I want In Session back! :mad:

Here's their email addy.
    comments@investigationdiscovery.ca

Keep up the emails!
    Thanks
    Sent mine out to them earlier today.

OK this is a rebranding, CourtTV is gone, the channel wasn't popular enough and they went with the Discovery brand instead.

It is unfortunate for the fan of CourtTV or this particular show, but I really don't think any comment sent will change any of that. If there wasn't enough people subscribing, there isn't enough people that will complain about one particular show to have it back. But hey trying doesn't cost anything but I wouldn't have high hopes if I was you. Good luck anyway.