Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comedy Gold

Comedy Gold

I am enjoying The Bob Newhart Show and Night Court lol

:)

Now how about Comedy Gold West Feed eh?!!!

Ah Bob Newhart...

Love that alot...Newhart...Nah So So!!!

SCTV and Check It Out...now those I can really enjoy more now that they air on Comedy Gold...

SCTV Mon-Fri @ 8 & 8:30am
    6 & 6:30pm

Check It Out Weekends @ 6 & 6:30pm

Now if only Comedy Gold could launch a West Feed of that Network...it would mean better choice for us Digital Cable and Satellite Subscribers!!!;)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFLash View Post
    Ah Bob Newhart...

Love that alot...Newhart...Nah So So!!!

SCTV and Check It Out...now those I can really enjoy more now that they air on Comedy Gold...

SCTV Mon-Fri @ 8 & 8:30am
    6 & 6:30pm

Check It Out Weekends @ 6 & 6:30pm

Now if only Comedy Gold could launch a West Feed of that Network...it would mean better choice for us Digital Cable and Satellite Subscribers!!!;)
    Yeah a west feed and it also would be nice, heu maybe its off topic, but i wish someone could launch a dramatv so we could have more old tv shows....

Yes I like comedy shows and My favorite show is The Bob Newhart Show and Night Court lol and I enjoy a lot off.

Quote Originally Posted by julie_rose_valliere View Post
    Yeah a west feed and it also would be nice, heu maybe its off topic, but i wish someone could launch a dramatv so we could have more old tv shows....
    Having a West feed on Comedy Gold would be really nice indeed...If I miss my SCTV at 6pm I'd be able to catch it at 9pm...Drama Tv(TNT)...Yes I agree...and Hallmark Channel would also be a great choice!!!

Hi,

Just wondering if any one have notice something for this spring schedule for 2011? It will be nice to see some news shows!

Quote Originally Posted by julie_rose_valliere View Post
    Hi,

Just wondering if any one have notice something for this spring schedule for 2011? It will be nice to see some news shows!
    That I agree Julie and they don't really need to be airing back to back episodes of Full House, Fresh Prince, Designing women among others like once is enough...I'd like to see these following shows aired on Comedy Gold...
    Mork and Mindy
    WKRP In Cincinatti
    Family Matters
    The Jeffersons
    Gimmie a Break
    Perfect Strangers
    ALF
    The Hogan Family
    Just to name a few!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Test Pattern View Post
    That I agree Julie and they don't really need to be airing back to back episodes of Full House, Fresh Prince, Designing women among others like once is enough...I'd like to see these following shows aired on Comedy Gold...
    Mork and Mindy
    WKRP In Cincinatti
    Family Matters
    The Jeffersons
    Gimmie a Break
    Perfect Strangers
    ALF
    The Hogan Family
    Just to name a few!!!
    Yeah, I agree with you guys. The channel gets way too repititive.

Comedy Gold has deals with 20th Century Fox and Warner Bros it seems while Dejaview has deals with Sony Pictures Television, Universal Studios, Carsey-Werner, and DLT Entertainment.

It's unfortunate that neither of these stations have a deal with CBS Paramount which makes seeing Mork & Mindy very, very unlikely. WKRP is 20th Century Fox and so we may be seeing that on Comedy Gold in the near future. Same goes for ALF, Family Matters, Perfect Strangers, and Hogan Family since those belong to Warner Bros.

Gimme a Break is from Universal so, if anything, that could maybe go to Dejaview
    and Jeffersons is from Sony so same idea for that.

You can get the entire Gimme a Break series on DVD for less then $50.00 CAD. I doubt this show will air on DejaView or Comedy Gold anytime soon so if you are a fan, I'd just go out and buy the series.

Comedy Gold, Free Throughout February

FREE GOLD! The Best in Classic Comedy on Comedy Gold, Free Throughout February

– Free preview features weekend marathons for NEWHART, FULL HOUSE, THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW –

Just in time to ward off the February funk, Comedy Gold comes to the rescue with a free preview of the fun-filled digital service. Beginning Tuesday, Feb. 1 and throughout the month of February, Comedy Gold will be available across the country without a subscription. During the preview, viewers can cozy up to feel-good classic sitcoms from the ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s including regular week-day airings of THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL AIR and MURPHY BROWN. Also featured in February are must-see weekend marathons of NEWHART, FULL HOUSE, and THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW.

Comedy Gold’s February free preview offers the perfect way to get primed for Valentine’s Day with a day of timeless love stories on Sunday, Feb. 13. The love fest features classic films including SEND ME NO FLOWERS (1964), LOVER COME BACK (1961) and PILLOW TALK (1959).

Below is a sample of the February highlights:

NEWHART
    Begin the month at the Stratford Inn with Dick and Joanna. The two-day retreat features the best episodes from the third and fourth seasons of NEWHART.

Saturday Feb. 5 - Season 3
    Sunday Feb. 6 – Season 4

Looking for Love Movie Marathon
    Get ready for Valentine’s Day with a marathon of classic movies for lovers. Be sure to catch the following Comedy Gold premieres.

Sunday Feb.13
    4 p.m. ET/PT – SEND ME NO FLOWERS (1964)
    6 p.m. ET/PT – LOVER COME BACK (1961)
    8 p.m. ET/PT – PILLOW TALK (1959)

Family matters to FULL HOUSE
    The Tanners remind us what being a family is about during the long-weekend FULL HOUSE marathon.

Saturday Feb.19
    Theme: The Best of Uncle Jesse

Sunday Feb. 20
    Theme: The Best of Michelle

Monday Feb. 21
    Theme: Tanner Family Time

THE MARY TYLER MOORE- A-Thon
    Celebrating all things Mary Tyler Moore (and Rhoda too!) on Feb. 26 and 27.

Saturday Feb. 26
    Theme: WJM Hi-jinks!

Sunday Feb. 27
    Theme: The Best of Rhoda

Since rebranding of the channel in August 2010, Comedy Gold has more than doubled its audience. Over the course of a week, Comedy Gold reaches 684,000 unique viewers.

Comedy Gold pays tribute to timeless sitcoms of the ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s. On Comedy Gold, classic laughs are new again – a home on the dial for enduring TV satisfaction. Comedy Gold, sister station to The Comedy Network, Canada’s first-and-only specialty comedy service, is owned by CTV Limited, a division of CTVglobemedia, Canada’s premier multimedia company. Comedy Gold is on Canada’s leading online network at
    www.comedygold.ca.

Quote Originally Posted by phxsunsm View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you guys. The channel gets way too repititive.

Comedy Gold has deals with 20th Century Fox and Warner Bros it seems while Dejaview has deals with Sony Pictures Television, Universal Studios, Carsey-Werner, and DLT Entertainment.

It's unfortunate that neither of these stations have a deal with CBS Paramount which makes seeing Mork & Mindy very, very unlikely. WKRP is 20th Century Fox and so we may be seeing that on Comedy Gold in the near future. Same goes for ALF, Family Matters, Perfect Strangers, and Hogan Family since those belong to Warner Bros.

Gimme a Break is from Universal so, if anything, that could maybe go to Dejaview
    and Jeffersons is from Sony so same idea for that.
    I'd probably enjoy these shows and line up, myself.

Like I always say it's due timing for Family Matters to rerun in most
    parts of Canada because it has been like 9 years since it last aired in
    most parts of Canada.

I saw new promos on Comedy Gold. Rhoda will start airing at 8:30 PM on February 14th. I guess that might mean the end for The Bob Newhart Show's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Tv Dude View Post
    I saw new promos on Comedy Gold. Rhoda will start airing at 8:30 PM on February 14th. I guess that might mean the end for The Bob Newhart Show's run.
    Welcome to the forum, TV Dude!
    Weird... This release says the premiere will air Feb. 28 but you saw the on air add and I checked the listings and they do plan to air the epiosde titled "Joel" at 8:30pm Feb. 14th. Anyway, we'll see soon enough!
    The Bob Newhart show will move to 9:30pm. See below to see what will change.

Pot of Comedy Gold Keeps Expanding with Addition of RHODA, Feb. 28

Toronto, ON (January 27, 2011) – The value of Comedy Gold just went up with the addition of classic comedy series, RHODA, premiering Monday, Feb. 28 at 8:30 p.m. ET (check local listings). The Golden Globe-winning series, starring Valerie Harper, comes hot on the heels of Comedy Gold’s February Free Preview (check local service providers for channels). RHODA assumes its Monday - Friday post, joining an army of winter blues-busting classic comedies including THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL AIR, MURPHY BROWN, NEWHART, FULL HOUSE and RHODA’s alma mater, THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW.

Then, on Sunday, March 6 at 8 p.m. ET, Comedy Gold uncovers more comedic treasures with Mary and Rhoda, the 2000 TV movie that reunited the magnificent duo of Mary Richards and Rhoda Morgenstern.

Filmed in the mid ‘70s in front of a live audience in Studio City, LA, RHODA was a ratings and critical darling, featuring some of the hottest actors of the day in guest-star roles, including: Henry Winkler, Vivian Vance, Eileen Heckart, John Ritter, Joan Van Ark, Tim Matheson, Judd Hirsch, Ruth Gordon, Howard Hessman, Anne Jackson, Robert Alda, David Ogden Stiers, Jerry Stille and Jack Gilford.
    Changes to the Schedule (Monday-friday starting Feb. 14)
    time [Actual programming] / [schedule change]
    10:30am: Phil Silver Show / Designing Women
    1:30pm: The Bob Newhart Show / Rhoda
    2:30pm: Night Court / The Bob Newhart Show
    3:30pm: Designing Women / Night Court
    8:30pm: The Bob Newhart Show / Rhoda
    9:30pm: Night Court / The Bob NewhartShow
    10pm: Murphy Brown / Night Court
    10:30pm: Designing Women / Murphy Brown
    11pm: Mary Tyle Moore / Designing Women
    12:30am: Night Court /
    1am: Murphy Brown / Rhoda
    1:30am: Designing Women / Murphy Brown
    2am: Fresh Prince of Bel-Air / Designing Women
    2:30am: Fresh Prince of Bel-Air / Night Court
    Last edited by Randi; 02-07-2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Added additional info
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/

Glad to be here!

I'm glad The Bob Newhart Show will stick around. I really like it and I had never seen it before it started airing on Comedy Gold.

Comedy Gold.....

...these show's are ok...but how bout updating the ANDY GRIFFITH'S SHOW...how bout GOMER PYLE...McCALE's NAVY.....these are true comedy GOLD.....PLEASE bring back THE MUNSTERS,GILLIGAN,BEWITCHED and my FAV.....the BRADY BUNCH....

BOB NEWHART (the old one-and best)...ROCK'S....

thxs
    j.

a show that i would love to see that i never watch, i should of, but it was playing to late years ago that is Ally McBeal!!!

Apparently it was good!

comedy gold needs new shows

Comedy gold needs to update their shows. Because everything right now is just way to repetitive. I would like to see more 80s shows like Diff'rent Strokes, Whos the boss?, Facts of life, Pee wee's playhouse, etc enough of shows like fresh prince cause its just so oversyndicated.

They've gone back to season one for both the Mary Tyler Moore Show and the Bob Newhart Show. I don't understand why they can't show the entire runs and then start over.

They have begun showing season 4 of Night Court.

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air doesn't need to be on there.

A Crap Channel so far, I kinda liked TVLand better then this
    I was amped for taping Hart to Hart but it reformed into Comedy Gold.

I also hate the commercial for Comedy Gold, by the way.

My guide for the Bob NewHart show list Bob Newhart Show and the one after list as Newhart
    are they 2 different shows or the same?
    Last edited by isrs4life; 02-27-2011 at 06:46 PM.

They are two different shows

The Bob Newhart Show is a sitcoms from the 70s where he plays a doctor and Newhart is a sitcom from the 1980s where his family runs a B&B