Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comedy Gold

Quote Originally Posted by retrotvfanatic View Post
    Comedy gold needs to update their shows. Because everything right now is just way to repetitive. I would like to see more 80s shows like Diff'rent Strokes, Whos the boss?, Facts of life, Pee wee's playhouse, etc enough of shows like fresh prince cause its just so oversyndicated.
    Agree'd Retrotvfanatic...That's exactly how I say it...That and Deja View both...Jefferson's, Perfect strangers, benson, WKRP In Cincinatti, ALF and Mama's Family would also be another prime example!!!

They've gone back to season one for both the Mary Tyler Moore Show and the Bob Newhart Show. I don't understand why they can't show the entire runs and then start over.
    As has been discussed many times on these boards, Comedy Gold & Dejaview only buy the rights to certain seasons of shows then air the same episodes over and over again. These channels are pathetic excuses for retro channels and I wish people would stop subscribing so they could just shut down and go away. Complaining to them is a waste of time and effort because they don't care. The only way to bring about change is to voice your complaint to these corporations AND drop these channels from your subscription. Perhaps if they lose enough subs then they might decide to actually start listening to viewers and air the shows people want to see?!

I noticed that Rogers has just received approval for 2 classic TV channels- dare I hope that if they decide to launch either one of these channels that they will do a better job then the existing retro channels?! Unfortunately I think it will be more of the same from them, meaning the schedule will consist of a handful of shows and they will only air the rights to a few seasons.

It is a disgrace how fans of classic television are being treated and the utter disregard for these quality shows that make up the 'golden age' of television. RETRO FANS DESERVE BETTER!! :mad:

For the longest time, Comedy Gold would replay the same few annoying promos for what seemed to be 10 times each hour. I kept thinking they couldn't have too much respect for the audience for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Pattern View Post
    Agree'd Retrotvfanatic...That's exactly how I say it...That and Deja View both...Jefferson's, Perfect strangers, benson, WKRP In Cincinatti, ALF and Mama's Family would also be another prime example!!!
    Yes those also would be good! I hope sometime soon Comedy Gold does get some new shows and switch it up.