Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HDNET No more ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigoranget View Post
    I'd have to agree with TVViewer, I'd rather have HistoryHD, MovietimeHD and HGTV HD. I do like HDNet but it would not be a deal breaker for me if my BDU dropped this channel.

Count me in as well. I like HDNET but adding those 3 channels at no extra cost would make up for the loss IMO. Now if we were getting the real HDNET and HDNET Movies that would be a different matter.
    ________
    BBW LESBIAN
    Last edited by HT Gearhead; 03-21-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HT Gearhead View Post
    Count me in as well. I like HDNET but adding those 3 channels at no extra cost would make up for the loss IMO. Now if we were getting the real HDNET and HDNET Movies that would be a different matter.
    But they'd be adding three channels showing the same content you already pay for on the SD version .. and removing a channel with completely different content. Please explain the value here? I don't see it :)

Quote Originally Posted by HT Gearhead View Post
    Now if we were getting the real HDNET ... that would be a different matter.
    Why do you think the "real" HDNet is so much better than the Canadian version?

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post
    Why do you think the "real" HDNet is so much better than the Canadian version?
    True, right now there is very little difference in schedule, today the only difference is instead of Smallville we get InFocus. HDNet has been doing a great job of making sure the syndicated shows they acquire have Canadian rights too. Smallville seems to be the only show they run we don't get, and they had the rights for that before the Canadian launch.

Other than that we usually get different movies than the main US feed when it airs movies, but we still get very good movies so it isn't like they're just throwing on B rated flicks in comparison to a classic on HDNet US.

And we get all the same concerts as the US version on Sundays .. win-win! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tripster View Post
    But they'd be adding three channels showing the same content you already pay for on the SD version .. and removing a channel with completely different content. Please explain the value here? I don't see it :)

Ahhh yes but it's HD content, actually I like a lot of shows and movies shown on History and would rather have them in HD just as Space HD would make watching some of my favorites there enjoyable. Like you I download HD versions of Space shows I like. Wife likes HGTV and I admit I like to watch it too for some home renovation ideas. As for Movietime HD it's an extra nice to have since I don't sub to it in SD, I'd probably sub to it in HD though like I do for TCM and AMC. Bell doesn't even carry Encore HD either now that I think about it. I hate losing HDNET but I'm not ready to spend 1000 bucks on 3 PVRs retooling all my satellite hookups to switch to Shaw as much as I'd like to. Now if Shaw Direct is willing to swap my hardware for a reasonable sum I'd get out of Bell.
    ________
    YAMAHA DGX-620
    Last edited by HT Gearhead; 03-21-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Shaw Bites

Shaw cable has dropped HDNet imidiately followed by me dropping HD plus programming.
    I hope enough people do the same to give them the message. HDNET was simply THE best overall channel available hd or not and I am as happy with Shaw as I was with bell when I dropped them. It's a cruel world.:mad: