Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Movietime Selections

I have found them playing sh*tty movies, latley and some of the same ones
    over and over again like Under Siege and Daylight plus Vacation, no offence
    but I do like the vacation films but
    I just think they need to play other stuff besides Action, has all I've been seeing
    on there latley which kind of bores me some.

You're right, the movies selection of MovieTime is action only, mainly due to it's 2000-571 CRTC licence of "Adventure", aka Lonestar. Forget romantic comedies. On top of it, the movies come from an available pool, so the selections are limited.

By the way, Under Siege is scheduled to air on History channel on November 28th... 2 times... Then Under Siege AGAIN November 29th on Showcase Action, 2 times... and it's not enough, it's scheduled to air AGAIN December 1st on MovieTime, 2 times!

6 airings of the same movie in 4 days on 3 different channels WITH a loaded pack of commercial breaks. You gotta be kidding me!
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

It also becomes the Star Trek Movie Channel from time to time. I remember several occasions on the past year where at least three Star Trek movies aired back to back to back 2-3 times a day.

W and W Movies have their share of comedies. Same goes for Showcase Diva.

I usually subscribe a month an leave it for a few months.
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/

I never subscribe to these "movie" channels, don't want to sit through commercials and the movie selection isn't that great. Had them for about a year and didn't watch a single movie on any of them.

I'll stick to Movie Central and Netflix for movies :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tripster View Post
    I never subscribe to these "movie" channels, don't want to sit through commercials and the movie selection isn't that great. Had them for about a year and didn't watch a single movie on any of them.

I'll stick to Movie Central and Netflix for movies :)
    I don't either but I did do what you did a couple of months with my digital cable!
    But, it's apart of my Classic TV Theme Pack, thow which is only 5 bucks
    a month.

Quote Originally Posted by isrs4life View Post
    I don't either but I did do what you did a couple of months with my digital cable!
    But, it's apart of my Classic TV Theme Pack, thow which is only 5 bucks
    a month.
    Yeah I'm on Shaw and all those digital channels are pick and pay and not part of traditional cable. For about a year I wanted BBC Canada and the kids wanted BBC Kids and Discovery Kids, Shaw removed the latter two and we swapped them out for MovieTime, Action, Diva, IFC and something else I can't recall. But I found that we never watched any of them, BBC Canada was my main interest but I didn't really watch it since Top Gear was mostly reruns of very old seasons I'd already seen and the other stuff I could find on Showcase as well, in HD no less.

Well that and the stuff I really want to watch from the UK I tend to torrent anyway, or VPN to a UK IP and just watch on their respective websites, frankly I don't want to wait weeks/months/years to watch some stuff.

The so-called "talented people" (© 2010 by TVViewer) at CanWest pulled another unintelligible programming stunt.

Movie "Eagle Eye" (2008) is scheduled to premiere on Showcase Diva Saturday Dec 4th at 8pm and rerun again at 1am. Showcase will premiere the same movie at 12:30am... 30 minutes before Diva.

Where's the logic in airing the same movie at the same time on 2 specialty channels by the same owner? Since it's an action movie, it should appear on Action and MovieTime pretty soon. Since it references to the State of the Union, my guess it'll also be scheduled to air on History as well.
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

Quote Originally Posted by InMontreal View Post
    The so-called "talented people" (© 2010 by TVViewer) at CanWest pulled another unintelligible programming stunt.

Movie "Eagle Eye" (2008) is scheduled to premiere on Showcase Diva Saturday Dec 4th at 8pm and rerun again at 1am. Showcase will premiere the same movie at 12:30am... 30 minutes before Diva.

Where's the logic in airing the same movie at the same time on 2 specialty channels by the same owner? Since it's an action movie, it should appear on Action and MovieTime pretty soon. Since it references to the State of the Union, my guess it'll also be scheduled to air on History as well.
    It's the Canadian way though, I've seen Movie Central's suite of channels airing the same movie on 2 of the suite channels starting 5 minutes apart. Obviously a computerized scheduler at play.

It made me miss HBO/Cinemax more since you never see their suite channels playing the same movie on the same day, never mind within minutes of each other and that's over a dozen channels, you'd always have about a dozen different viewing choices. And they stick to their genres.

The reason we see it though is because our broadcasters license a much smaller library of movies at any given time, of course we're paying about the same price as the US subscribers pay. But hey, as long as our specialties are profitable right? :)

Movie "The Scorpion King" airs January 1st 2011:
    - 10:00am - 12:00pm on MovieTime
    - 10:15am - 12:00pm on MPIX & MPIX HD

Since the movie's runtime is 92 minutes, it probably won't be edited for time, but probably censored by CanWest for the "intense sequences of action violence and some sensuality" due to it's daytime airing.

Difficult choice... commercial-free on MPix or with annoying commercials, constant logo at the bottom left and snipes on MovieTime?

Quote Originally Posted by InMontreal View Post
    Movie "The Scorpion King" airs January 1st 2011:
    - 10:00am - 12:00pm on MovieTime
    - 10:15am - 12:00pm on MPIX & MPIX HD

Since the movie's runtime is 92 minutes, it probably won't be edited for time, but probably censored by CanWest for the "intense sequences of action violence and some sensuality" due to it's daytime airing.

Difficult choice... commercial-free on MPix or with annoying commercials, constant logo at the bottom left and snipes on MovieTime?
    Or watch it on Netflix on your own schedule :) .. and as many times as you want!

Really, I've never found MovieTime worth subscribing to, a lot of their movies are also airing on Encore Avenue anyway, and commercial free.