Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Thread: Mark Dailey

Mark Dailey

I learned this morning some awful news, Mark Dailey, the anchor of the 11pm news on City TV Toronto is in a coma as a result of his cancer spreading to his lungs. Our thoughts and prayers are with you Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by vanessab View Post
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you Mark.
    Yep. Poor guy :(

For those of you outside of Ontario who may not know this, in addition to Citytv Toronto's 11:00PM anchor, he also does all the voice-overs in Citytv promos.

Quote Originally Posted by TVViewer View Post
    Yep. Poor guy :(

For those of you outside of Ontario who may not know this, in addition to Citytv Toronto's 11:00PM anchor, he also does all the voice-overs in Citytv promos.
    CFRB radio in Toronto is reporting that Mark Daily passed this afternoon. Very sad that "the voice" has been silenced.

Damn. He's gone.

A great loss for Toronto. Citytv will never be the same.

A sad day indeed. That distinctive voice will always be in my head.

I can't believe he's gone :(
    "And Now for Something Completely Different..." - John Cleese (Monty Python).

R.I.P. Mark Daley :(

I hope they continue to use his voice for station idents (Citytv, everywhere!).

Citytv will never be the same.
    Citytv hasn't been the same since Moses Znaimer left CHUM. Its now just another network own by a corporation- 'the little station that could' is no more, unfortunately. :(

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Viewer View Post

I hope they continue to use his voice for station idents (Citytv, everywhere!).
    I hope so too, the new guy they hired is awful.

Indeed, R.I.P.

Sigh...a legend is lost.

If men (and women) with as much skill and class were given their due for Canadian TV as much as they should I'd still be paying for cable.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Viewer:39350
    Citytv hasn't been the same since Moses Znaimer left CHUM. Its now just another network own by a corporation- 'the little station that could' is no more, unfortunately. :(
    In part it's our fault for continuing to pay for what they're doing to Canadian TV. I know I did for too long after the ChumCity stations went to crap.

I heard over the weekend that the end was near but I didn't expect it would happen this fast. He was Gord's replacement for one. He was one of the most down to earth people in the world and a Canadian broadcasting and announcing lesson. While we know Citytv has being everywhere it was Mark's voice that helped people to recognize the brand. I even remember former Toronto Mayor David Miller trying his hand at saying 'This is Citytv, Everywhere.' I loved his witty off the cuff humour in the promos but also yes when you called into Citytv. As a tribute to Mark I do hope they keep the station I.D. with his voice. Its so amazing to see all the media putting competition aside for a moment and not only reporting his death but reflecting on it too.

A true Icon

R.I.P. Mark Dailey

R.I.P indeed Mr Daily, you will be missed.