Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

SuperChannel launches Nov.2nd

ExpressVu is announcing on their website that all 6 channels (4 SD/2HD) are launching on Nov. 2nd on their service.

Now I want Videotron and others to follow...

http://www.bell.ca/shopping/PrsShpPr...e_superchannel

Rogers has agreed to carry the superchannel.The deal was reached this past sunday.It will launch on oct 19th.

The Deal with Rogers

Has not yet been signed.

Quote Originally Posted by flowbee View Post
    Has not yet been signed.

I have heard its a done deal.

The SuperChannel website is up, and it says ExpressVu is exclusive, at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert J View Post
    The SuperChannel website is up, and it says ExpressVu is exclusive, at least for now.
    Exclusice is a bit misleading since its a must carry.

CanView Guest
    superchannel.org is down.

Quote Originally Posted by westmanguy View Post
    Its superchannel.ca.

Quote Originally Posted by westmanguy View Post
    It's not .org, it's .ca

http://www.superchannel.ca/
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/

I hope Videotron has it from the beginning as there are series starting and I want to see them from their beginning. Otherwise I hope they realise that and that they re-air them a second time like TMN does for HBO/Showtime series.

Since Videotron is more a French market providers, I am not even sure they have to carry it since the license says it is a must carry for English market.

My guess is that they will offer it at some point, but it probably won't happen in the near future. I know that Superchannel must negociate will all providers before they distribute it and they probably make their biggest effort right now on Rogers and Shaw/Star Choice and to a lesser extent Cogeco. When those are done deals they probably will go to smaller providers and Videotron.

They have been airing 2 episodes of Passions since like October 8th.

yeah I know, but I am not interested in that one, but more like Flash Gordon and Side Order of Life.

Thing is Videotron is a lot cheaper than Expressvu so i don't want to switch provider and I am equipped with 2 pvrs. As much as I like Videotron's prices, they are not the best for new channels in English. I may be French but only watch English TV.

I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens. Videotron has the problem of having the same bandwidth has other cable provider but because it is carrying a lot more French analog and French HD channel than Rogers or Shaw, they don't have the space to offer all the English channel they do and they go with their biggest market of course.

I can't wait for analog tv to be gone so we can get all that space back. If they removed all the analog Videotron had now we could get space for about 100 HD channel or about 600 SD digital channels...
    Last edited by mtlguy; 10-20-2007 at 11:39 PM.

Sorry I couldn't find the info in English...

C’est aujourd’hui le lancement de la suite de canaux SuperChannel d’Allarco, offert exclusivement aux abonnés de Bell ExpressVu pour l’instant. Pour rappel, SuperChannel est une “suite” de 6 canaux, 4 en format standard et 2 en format haute définition. Ils diffuseront des films, du sport, des téléséries, des documentaires et bien d’autres choses.

Bell a finalement annoncé un prix pour le forfait. Incluant les 6 canaux SuperChannel, Peachtree TV, WSBK, WPix et KTLA (total de 10 chaînes), le coût sera de 16$ par mois, comparable à son compétiteur direct, soit The Movie Network, propriété d’Astral Media.

Cependant, la ou ça devient plus pénible, c’est que la période de gratuité visant à faire connaître le produit, jusqu’au 22 novembre, sera pour un seul canal, en format SD, pas moyen de voir la qualité haute définition sans payer. Nous avons déjà vu de meilleures méthodes pour faire connaître un nouveau produit, surtout contre un compétiteur aussi bien implanté que The Movie Network.

Les abonnés d’ExpressVu pourront donc, jusqu’au 22 novembre, avoir le privilège de visionner un canal gratuitement. Après quoi, ils pourront faire un choix entre SuperChannel et The Movie Network.

Ciné TV DVD - Zone1 » Blog Archive » SuperChannel chez ExpressVu : Prix et prévisionnement limité

Wait - is that implying you can't have both TMN and SC?

no it's not, it's detailing the one package available at 16$. I suppose you can get both at 32$ but then you would pay for the superstations twice i guess, unless they change the pricing for both package together.

I didn't know The Movie Network was so expensive on ExpressVu, I pay 11$ at Videotron. And add 2$ if I want the Superstation. Thats 3$ more for the same thing.

Has their been any word on if Starchoice is picking these up? I haven't heard anything. :(

Quote Originally Posted by mtlguy View Post
    I didn't know The Movie Network was so expensive on ExpressVu, I pay 11$ at Videotron. And add 2$ if I want the Superstation. Thats 3$ more for the same thing.
    It's 17.95$ on Rogers (14.95$ for TMN, 3$ for Superstations).

Some people here complain that we don't have TMN on Demand or MMore HD, but I guess by paying so much less we can't complain too much.

Rogers launches limited Super Channel TV package

From Digital Home:
    Digital Home

Rogers launches limited Super Channel TV package

Friday, 23 November 2007

Rogers Cable announced today that it will begin offering a limited number of Super Channel multiplex channels to its customers in Ontario and New Brunswick.

Super Channel, a competitor to Astral's The Movie Network (TMN) in Eastern Canada and Corus' Movie Central (MC) in Western Canada, began broadcasting earlier this month.

The Super Channel offering from Allarco Entertainment is a multiplex channel consisting of six channels: two high definition (HD) channels, four standard definition (SD) channels, and a subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) component.

The flagship Super channels HD1 (high definition one) and SD1 (standard definition one) have mirrored schedules and offer premieres and major movies. SD2 carries male-oriented, offering extreme sports, anime, horror, gaming and edgy documentaries. SD3 is female-oriented, with Bollywood Saturday night, and foreign and art-house films. SD4 features exclusively Canadian fare. The second high-def channel (HD2) is a compilation of HD-available programming from the other channels.

Rogers has decided not to carry the two channels and will be offering the four standard definition channels in Ontario and three standard definition channels in New Brunswick.

Rogers Ontario will offer channels SD 1 through 4 on channels 368 to 371. Rogers New Brunswick will offer channels SD1 through SD3 on channels 368 to 370.

The Rogers Super Channel offering is only available to Digital Cable customers and is priced at $15.99 per month.

Early feedback from our Digital Forum members is disappointment at Rogers limited offering, lack of HD channels and high price. Members point to ExpressVu which is offering all six Super Channels (including the two HD channels) plus four U.S. Super stations: Peachtree TV, WSBK, WPIX and KTLA for a total of ten stations starting at $13 per month.