Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Netflix

Request separate thread for netflix

Perhaps there should be a separate thread just for netflix!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Well, I canceled TMN for Netflix last month. 16$ for TMN - 8$ for Netflix = 8$ in my pockets. I like that! :D

I hook it up to my XBOX and it works great. I have TGV 15 on Videotron so 70 Go should be enough. I was happy to find that Dollhouse and Farscape were available. I was recently looking at seeing those series. It prevents me from buying the DVD's. It's also fun to see a whole new selection of movies that are not available on TMN.
    I agree that Netflix is a refreshing change from TMN/HBO ! I really enjoy the convenience and savings netflix presents for my family.

Netflix solves internet cap issues

Starting today, watching movies & TV shows in Canada will use 2/3 less data on average with minimal impact to video quality. For example, watching 30 hours of Netflix movies & TV shows will only use 9 GB of data, well below most Canadian ISP data caps. Previously, 30 hours from Netflix typically used 31 GB.

Why the change? We know that many of our Canadian members have monthly Internet data caps. This new default account setting will significantly reduce the amount of data Netflix delivers to you each month.

You now also have the ability to manage how much data Netflix delivers to you. Visit Your Account to adjust your settings anytime you want. Regardless of which setting you choose –– Netflix is still only $7.99 a month.

As always, we will continue to innovate and try new things to ensure Netflix is a great experience without high data use. If you have any questions, please call us at 1-866-923-1277.

–Your friends at Netflix:)

Yup, I think they're just defaulting to their lower bitrates in Canada leaving the option for the subscriber to turn up the settings in the web interface if they wish. Smart move really since lots of subscribers won't be aware of that option (you could always disable HD streaming for example).

I'll leave mine on HD if available since Shaw aren't currently metering, but when they do I'm likely switching to someone else anyway.

Netflix has solved bandwidth cap issue

My internet usage is capped with Rogers at 60gb per mth and with the new settings netflix has created I havent come close to the limit on my last bill and it appears I have lots of room once again this month. 7.99 is much better than the 19.99 I once payed for TMN/Mpix. Also dropped back to basic cable and still have about 75-80 channels and HD as well. So overall I am saving money and enjoying Netflix as well. A very convenient service that is sure to draw many new subscribers now that the internet usage issue has been dealt with!:)