Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Ideas for FallTVPreview.com

Hi everyone,

As you know, it will soon be that time of year where the U.S. networks unveil their fall TV schedules. Canadian nets follow suit in early june and specialty and digital channels become available throughout the summer.

I'm happy to report that I'll be updating this site once again with info of the Fall 2011 TV Season.

I'd like you to take a few minutes to reflect back on when you visited the site last year (or by visiting it now) and let me know if you have any suggesttions on improving the site further. Every year, I take into account comments, suggestions and new ideas I have for the site and make changes to reflect some of those changes.

What is currently planned (ETA: June 2011, in the meantime, the old site will be updated with fall 2011 stuff):
    • Fall TV News will be remaned Fall TV Blog. In addition to sites updates, I'll post more info about the new season as well as links to information of interest.
    • New design is coming! The site will be a bit wider so the grids should feel less crowded.
    • Picture gallery. For now, a gallery is available for each new show (when pics are available to me of course) but they'll also be centralised into a main pic gallery. This is low priority though...

So if you have any comments or suggestions, now's the time! :)
    Feel free to PM me if you prefer.
    Thanks,
    Randi
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/

Schedules for CBS and The CW hasn't been posted yet on FallTVPreview.
    We had a good run: 2006 to 2020. Thanks for the informations and debates.

This thread is more intended to how the content is presented and if there are features that are missing.

Both schedules and more stuff are coming tonight and tomorrow! :)
    Randi Dertzo

What I have noted is that there is an unnecessary step when clicking on the news items. For instance, if you click on the "ABC's Fall Schedule is Here" link on the front page, it would make more sense if it went directly to ABC's fall schedule, rather than an intermediate page that gives you the same info and then provides a link. Same for the emails that the site sends out.

What tofino said. It's like accessing a blank page, so I had to check if my AdBlock was interfering with the whole page, to figure out it was just the links in the dark section.

I would like to suggest a "Canadian actors/actresses watchlist". For example, we had Caroline Dhavernas and Rachelle Lefebvre in Off The Map last year, we'll have Missy Peregrym for Rookie Blue this summer, and Karine Vanasse in Pan-Am this fall, but whose other canadian have we missed?

Quote Originally Posted by InMontreal View Post
    What tofino said. It's like accessing a blank page, so I had to check if my AdBlock was interfering with the whole page, to figure out it was just the links in the dark section.
    This will be adressed with the new design.

Quote Originally Posted by InMontreal View Post
    I would like to suggest a "Canadian actors/actresses watchlist". For example, we had Caroline Dhavernas and Rachelle Lefebvre in Off The Map last year, we'll have Missy Peregrym for Rookie Blue this summer, and Karine Vanasse in Pan-Am this fall, but whose other canadian have we missed?
    Interesting. It is relatively easy to do and it doesn't require a lot of updates so I'll probably add something like this in this fall's edition. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Randi Dertzo

On the "New Shows" section, all shows are listed in alphabetic order. But just like any other english database, avoid listing shows that start with "The ..." under the T letter (except the obvious).
    The originating broadcaster (ABC-NBC-CBS-FOX-CW) should appear somewhere in that list, but optional.
    I also notice the page says "New shows airing this fall" on top of the page but lists midseason shows. On the other hand, it could happen that a midseason show get scheduled if a fall show gets cancelled...
    I would like to get to see the list of new shows from previous seasons.

That's it for now.

I think you should upload fall promos for TV shows on Canadian networks

Where's all the updates?!

Its almost September and so far only a handful of schedules have been added to the site- why is there such a delay in updating things?! Has falltvpreview.com been abandoned??

I usually touch base with my contacts for the many channels for their fall schedule in july. This year however, I didn't have the time to do that due to an insane work schedule and personal stuff I don't really wan't to go into here.

The result: I've contacted my contacts a month an a half later than usual so stuff will be coming later than usual.

I'm sorry about this situation but there's not much else I can do about it.
    Randi Dertzo

I'm sorry to hear that Randi. Hope everything is okay.

Sorry to hear that you are going through some difficulties, I wish you all the best and hope things work themselves out.

Don't worry about the info, I was really only interested in the fall highlights for TLN but that can wait. I can post links to fall schedules if someone asks for a specific channel until the site is updated.

Thanks for the support guys!

TLN don't usually send me their generic fall grid but I do have their advanced listings so I'll post those.

I did a few schedule last night and I have four more to post tonight (VisionTV, JoyTV10 & 11 as well as One)

I can also confirm that there's nothing new this fall for CP24, BNN and CTV News Channel.

I have also a few french schedule in the pipe, Yoopa to name one.

More stuff on the way! :)
    Randi Dertzo