Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Hybrid View

Rogers TV going HD

Rogers TV, Rogers Cable community channels wil be going HD in the near future.

Read Article:
    http://www.broadcastdialogue.com/magazine.asp

-------------
    Community channels in HD? Meh.

take notes Shaw..

Hey Rogers, instead of making your community channels HD, why not invest that money into the Citytv and OMNI stations? The stations out west aren't in HD and I bet people would love to see these stations in HD.

I wonder when, if they are not already which I don't think they are, actually going to go HD. Unfortunately the article doesn't appear anymore when you click the link but apparently in was in May 2008 since that was when I posted it. So what's with the long tranisition?

I agree with Emarsee, wouldn't it be better to invest in getting their OTA stations in HD first since those are actually mandated to go at least digital in over a years time.

Quote Originally Posted by Emarsee View Post
    Hey Rogers, instead of making your community channels HD, why not invest that money into the Citytv and OMNI stations? The stations out west aren't in HD and I bet people would love to see these stations in HD.
    I always said that as well; but its probably easier for them to get a channel placement for HD on their own BDU system that it is out west where their just a broadcaster and not a BDU.