Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who Wants to be a Millionaire (with Regis) to return in August 2009

Millionaire with Regis will be returning to ABC for two weeks straight (every weeknight) in August 2009! Awesome! Hopefully it won't be aired on a Canadian network in simulcast...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/23/ar...AIRER_BRF.html

Quote Originally Posted by Simsub_hater View Post
    ... Hopefully it won't be aired on a Canadian network in simulcast...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/23/ar...AIRER_BRF.html

Most likely it will. Probably CTV/'A'

I would be shocked if CTV didn't pick this up. Why do you hope it wont be aired in simulcast, CTV aired it in simulcast before and everything was fine.

I'm so happy about this. It is my favourite game show of all time, and one of the few I actually like watching.

I would be totally shocked as well if this doesn't end up on CTV or at least A. It's a good show, I used to watch it all the time in 1999/2000.

Quote Originally Posted by TVViewer
    Why do you hope it wont be aired in simulcast, CTV aired it in simulcast before and everything was fine.
    Well, because I don't like watching CTV. Just like you may not like to watch, say, History Channel, but at least you're not forced to watch it when the show you want to watch is on another network you'd rather see it on.

I like ABC's programming and setup... I dislike CTV's. Simple. I don't have to 'like' CTV just because I'm Canadian. It has nothing to do with possible simsub problems. And I'd like to see any in-house extra features that may air on ABC, but would be cut from CTV.

I'd think it would probably end up on A before CTV. A 5 day a week, I'm guessing probably hour long show, would be too much of an interruption in terms of simulcasting for CTV's schedule.

Citytv may also be a contender to pick up this show too.

Quote Originally Posted by musimax View Post
    I'd think it would probably end up on A before CTV. A 5 day a week, I'm guessing probably hour long show, would be too much of an interruption in terms of simulcasting for CTV's schedule.

If this was in the regular season then yes I would expect it to air on 'A', but since it will be in August (a time where it's mostly reruns), it's almost a sure thing CTV will air it since programming like So You Think You Can Dance will end in early August, so CTV would be left with reruns mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by musimax View Post

Maybe, but it will be in the summer when most shows are in reruns anyway, so I think they could easily substitute Millionaire in those places and get pretty good results. Plus CTV aired the show before, and A currently airs the syndicated version. That's why I think CTV wll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by TVViewer View Post
    If this was in the regular season then yes I would expect it to air on 'A', but since it will be in August (a time where it's mostly reruns), it's almost a sure thing CTV will air it since programming like So You Think You Can Dance will end in early August, so CTV would be left with reruns mostly.
    Looks like TVViewer beat me by one minute! I guess great minds think alike! :)

No more simsubs, go away already!!! I'm sick and tired of these bleeping simsubs and screwups.

Where is that info for DirecTV in Canada?

Citytv has picked this up.

Katy Perry and Snoop Dogg will be celebrity guests on the program.

They're not the only ones who will be playing.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.a...=20090731abc01

CELEBRITY CONTESTANTS FROM TELEVISION, MUSIC AND SPORTS PLAY FOR THEIR FAVORITE CHARITIES WHEN "WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE" RETURNS TO ABC PRIMETIME AUGUST 9thTO CELEBRATE ITS 10TH ANNIVERSARY

Guest Stars Include Lauren Conrad, Snoop Dogg, Patricia Heaton, Shawn Johnson, Steve Nash, Katy Perry, Rachael Ray, Sherri Shepherd, Vanessa Williams, Wynonna and a Surprise Guest

A star-studded roster of actors, singers, athletes and other celebrities will bring even more sparkle to next month's 10th anniversary celebration of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" when host Regis Philbin and the smash hit return to ABC for a two-week primetime event. As a special feature, each episode will conclude with a celebrity player taking the hot seat, hoping to correctly answer a single question worth $50,000 for his or her favorite charity.

The "Millionaire" event premieres SUNDAY, AUGUST 9 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) and will air for 11 nights, Sunday-Thursday at 8:00 p.m., with the finale on SUNDAY, AUGUST 23 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET).

The diverse lineup of celebrity guests -- known for their differing work and styles across television, music and sports -- reflects the broad-based format of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire," where questions encompass various aspects of popular culture and other fields. In alphabetical order, the celebrities and their chosen charities are:

o Lauren Conrad ("The Hills), playing for the M. Powerment Fund

o Rapper Snoop Dogg, playing for the Snoop Dogg Youth Football League

o Patricia Heaton (ABC's new comedy, "The Middle") playing for the Westside Pregnancy Clinic and Lighthouse Medical Missions

o Shawn Johnson, Olympic gold medalist and champion of "Dancing with the Stars" playing for Blank Children's Hospital

o NBA star Steve Nash playing for The Steve Nash Foundation

o Chart-topper Katy Perry playing for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital

o Rachael Ray, TV personality, author and cook, playing for Yum-O Organization and ASPCA

o Sherri Shepherd, co-host of "The View," playing for the March of Dimes

o Vanessa Williams ("Ugly Betty"), playing for The Maria Torres Emerging Artist Project at the Amas Musical Theatre

o Country star Wynonna playing for Backpack Mission Ministries

o and a special surprise guest

CNN's senior political correspondent Candy Crowley joins the previously-announced roster of experts for 10th anniversary's "Ask The Expert" lifeline: Wolf Blitzer, Connie Chung, Sam Donaldson, Gwen Ifill, Ken Jennings, Bill Nye, Jodi Picoult, Cokie Roberts, Mo Rocca and George Stephanopoulos. "Ask the Expert" and the substantially faster gameplay featuring time limits on every question are imported from the daytime version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, hosted by Meredith Vieira.

The 10th Anniversary edition will continue many of the strongest elements of the original show, along with some of the more recent modifications to the format that were streamlined over the show's lifespan in syndication. For example, the "Fastest Finger" element will return, and the lifelines will include perennial favorites "Ask the Audience," "Phone a Friend," and also "Double Dip" (which originated during "Super Millionaire").

"Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" is produced by Valleycrest Productions Ltd. Michael Davies is executive producer.
    For more information on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire," visit www.abc.com.

The question that they asked Katy Perry was the easiest $50, 000 question ever, but oh well I can't complain since its for charity.

Quote Originally Posted by NB Josh View Post
    The question that they asked Katy Perry was the easiest $50, 000 question ever, but oh well I can't complain since its for charity.
    It seemed they are making it easier for the celebrities based on what I saw tonight. We'll see what happens over the next few nights. They're offered the same lifelines like the regular contestants - the only difference is they have no time limit for the question they have to answer.

its strange that Citytv has a clean feed of this unlike when the air Jimmy Kimmel Live, they have to co-brand they show, and use stupid Jimmy Kimmel live logo snap shot when Canadian commercials run short of ABC's commercials. and its also stupid that this is NOT aired in HD. Most Game shows are. I.E The Price Is Right, being the only game show in daytime TV on an HD station.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1killa View Post
    its strange that Citytv has a clean feed of this unlike when the air Jimmy Kimmel Live, they have to co-brand they show, and use stupid Jimmy Kimmel live logo snap shot when Canadian commercials run short of ABC's commercials. and its also stupid that this is NOT aired in HD. Most Game shows are. I.E The Price Is Right, being the only game show in daytime TV on an HD station.
    Shows that are fed "live" from ABC directly to affilliates and Canada are always fed dirty. There's almost never a clean feed available. Shows like millionaire are fed by a distributor ahead of time - hence the "clean feed"

ok thanks....

In cases like this, why do the ABC affiliates have no trouble inserting local commercials seamlessly? CITY doesn't seem as seamless. Are they provided with different information about time and duration of commercial breaks?