Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Jay Leno Show Sept 14 on NBC

THE JAY LENO SHOW" WILL PREMIERE ON SEPTEMBER 14

'The Jay Leno Show' Will Premiere At 10 PM EST

On the final episode of "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" the host reminded viewers not to get too teary-eyed during his last stint behind the desk he has occupied for 17-years by reminding them that he would be back on NBC this fall with his new venture "The Jay Leno Show" (Monday - Friday, 10:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. ET on NBC). "The Jay Leno Show" will premiere on September 14.

During his final bow as the host of "The Tonight Show" Leno signed off saying, "Thank you for watching. Please give Conan (O'Brien) as much support as you've given me throughout the years. Good night. We'll see you in September."

O'Brien began his hosting "The Tonight Show" on Monday, June 1.
    Leno, recently named America's Favorite TV Personality by the 2009 Harris Poll, announced in December of 2008 that while he will be leaving "The Tonight Show" he will remain at NBC and embark on an adventure that marks a new era in television. "The Jay Leno Show" will be the first-ever entertainment program to be stripped across primetime on broadcast network television and will showcase many of the features that have made Leno America's late-night leader for more than a dozen years.
    "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" is from Big Dog Productions in association with Universal Media Studios. Debbie Vickers is the executive producer.

his show started on my birthday. its not hard to remember the date of his new show.

Loving the show so far. Don't know if I'll stay through the 12:00 news to wait for Conan at 12:30.

That Hurt...

...WATCH'D 10 minutes....brutal...and painful...
    JERRY SEINFELD as his 1st guest...PLEASE!!!!

WILL NOT LAST ..
    MY THOUGHT!!

I agree, that was painful to watch, the "car wash" skit was awful and the whole set looked like he was setup in the lobby of some cheesy hotel. Maybe that was so that they could push him through the door easily. I turned back to the NFL game pretty quickly which was far more entertaining.

I tuned in a little bit somewhat by accident towards the end, when Jay Leno decided to have a sit-down with Kanye West regarding his actions at Sunday's MTV VMAs. That was quite brutal to watch.

I did enjoy the musical performance he did alongside Jay-Z and Rihanna, but if it was not only for that, then I don't think Kanye would have appeared on TV. He could have easily bailed out but did not want to let that get in the way of his scheduled performance.

But honestly, with all the stuff Kanye continues to pull, he's the only one that brought this upon himself and only he can fix it. What he did on Sunday was just uncalled for, and perhaps some time out of the spotlight might do him a lot of good and permit him to put things more into perspective. That said, I didn't feel an ounce of sympathy for how he felt when he appeared on the show last night.

I'm surprised at all the negative comments this show has been getting. Maybe the bit with Kanye was a little awkward but the rest was really funny, including the car wash skit.

i only really like was Headlines. And the set looks like from a hotel that can't afford a renovation. If this is how the show will go on, it won't last IMO
    Canada lacks in HD. If you agree post this in your signature.

CANADA NEEDS HD. We have nothing!

I read that the ratings were high. I don't have the numbers on hand at the moment. Looks like Rogers made a good call here.

Ratings were huge for both Citytv and NBC on the first night (NBC had over 17 Million), NBC got good ratings on Tuesday, but the same can't be said for Citytv.

I posted Citytv's Jay Leno ratings in another thread:

"By the way, here are The Jay Leno Show ratings for Citytv in Canada

Monday: 1,469,000
    Tuesday: 329,400

After the first night's ratings Citytv made a release on it's sales site calling Jay Leno "The King of Primetime" maybe they should have waited to see how it does vs actual competition."

Wow those ratings really went into the tank on Tuesday, is this a case of the 2 hour season finale of Big Brother on Global killed it, Wednesday's numbers would be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by NB_TVLover View Post
    Wow those ratings really went into the tank on Tuesday, is this a case of the 2 hour season finale of Big Brother on Global killed it, Wednesday's numbers would be interesting
    The Jay Leno Shows ratings for Citytv in Canada:

Wednesday: 921,000

It came in second behind a CSI New York rerun on CTV.
    Last edited by TVViewer; 09-18-2009 at 11:22 PM.

I suppose there's no way to tabulate how many Canadian viewers watched the show on NBC? For people around here, Eastlink only carries NBC and doesn't carry Citytv.

I think you are going to find that people are not going to tune in everyday and thus the ratings will go up and down.

I think over-all the show will likely be a moderate success.

Yea I'll only be watching every once and a while.

It should be pointed out that ratings should be slightly up for every show this year because they are calculating the ratings a bit different now, so its by person, not by TV. If anybody had noticed sports ratings have almost doubled this month. I know it doesn't affect primetime shows as much, but it does some.

Ratings update for The Jay Leno Show on Citytv in Canada:

Monday September 21st: 462,000

was beat by both CTV and Global, and came in either 3rd or 4th place (CBC's The National came in either 3rd or 4th)

Looks like Citytv is finally taking advantage of that "coming up on your local news" thing that Jay Leno says before commercial breaks, I was just watching now and one of their newscasters came on and said "thanks Jay... coming up on Citynews Tonight...". Also, they are very bad at timing their cut-ins to NBC's broadcast of the Leno Show. They always catch the last NBC commercial before cutting back to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Simsub_hater View Post
    Looks like Citytv is finally taking advantage of that "coming up on your local news" thing that Jay Leno says before commercial breaks, I was just watching now and one of their newscasters came on and said "thanks Jay... coming up on Citynews Tonight...". Also, they are very bad at timing their cut-ins to NBC's broadcast of the Leno Show. They always catch the last NBC commercial before cutting back to the show.
    Again, Citytv is just being sloppy. For a show like Jay Leno which is taped hours before hand then fed out "live", NBC has and provides a specific format. The folks at Citytv need to wake up and follow the NBC format correctly!

Quote Originally Posted by Everfresh View Post
    Again, Citytv is just being sloppy. For a show like Jay Leno which is taped hours before hand then fed out "live", NBC has and provides a specific format. The folks at Citytv need to wake up and follow the NBC format correctly!
    Wow, that is lazy. Why can't they get a clean feed of the show? It seems none of the late night talk shows provide clean feeds. Actually, none of the talk shows that are affiliated with a US network directly (i.e. The View) provide clean feeds, only the syndicated shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Simsub_hater View Post
    Wow, that is lazy. Why can't they get a clean feed of the show? It seems none of the late night talk shows provide clean feeds. Actually, none of the talk shows that are affiliated with a US network directly (i.e. The View) provide clean feeds, only the syndicated shows.
    Generally when a program is fed out directly "live" from the US newtork, they seldom provide a clean feed.

When a show is fed by a distributor, the program is fed clean.