Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Law and Order Cancelled ?!?!?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...ion=cnn_latest

Law and Order and Criminal Intent may be cancled due to low rating but SVU looks like its renewed. The orginal Law and Order currently airs on Friday Nights but may be moved. What do you think is it time to cancel Law and Order and Criminal intent

This is what I think,

Law and Order & Law and Order CI are falling apart, the ratings are going down big time and both are very expensive. However let's remember this

Law and Order has been on the air for 17 YEARS and is coming close to reaching the 400 episode mark. The fact that NBC is even thinking of cancelling a show like that without giving it a proper series finale is crazy.

Law and Order CI on the other hand is more new and is eaiser to cancel, still I think it should get a 13 episode order for a final season.

Really I would be shocked if both were cancelled. It's not like NBC has a bunch of hits to replace them with.

If I were NBC I would do this, renew Law and Order for a full season and bill it as the "FINAL SEASON" maybe then they will be able to get some viewers back. Also this way the writers can write a proper series finale. for Law and Order CI I would give it a 13 episode order and bill it also as the "FINAL SEASON" with the finale in February sweeps. I would also make next season the last season for ER. I know it sounds bad giving 3 long-time shows the boot but it just has to be done. ER (just like Law and Order & Law and Order CI) is getting record low ratings, last night a new episode of ER came in dead last place in it's timeslot behind the new ABC drama October Road and the CBS drama Shark which had a rerun of CSI as a lead-in.

Really NBC is in a big mess, 3 of their strongest longest running shows are falling apart and coming in with record low ratings, if they don't end all 3 shows by next season then they may end up like The West Wing did.

NBC better have a VERY strong lineup of new shows this season, they are already in 4th place and they wont get out of it unless they find replacements FAST!

CanView Guest
    NBC is falling apart as a network.

What if all their new shows bomb? Man, NBC, CW, MyTV... so many networks falling apart.

Well NBC is in better shape than The CW or MyNetworkTV but it's still not good.

You are right though, what if NBC's new shows bomb? Then they will be even worse than they are now. But these once mega hit shows are dead, they need to end them before it gets worse.

Remember when NBC was #1? Now they are stuck in a terrible 4th place.

Well the reality is someone has to be in fourth place, it just depends on the degree of how far back they are. So are they really far back from the pack or are they just making too much of this?

CanView Guest
    I remember when NBC had Friends, Seinfeld, Fraiser, and did very well...

Yep NBC was #1. Global was also #1 when they had shows like Friends, Seinfeld, Fraiser, ect..

Global & NBC's Must See TV lineup of Friends, Will and Grace, ect.. did so well. It's too bad Joey didn't hit.

CanView Guest
    Joey! That show was AWFUL!

It seems that NBC's latest attempt at reviving Must See TV on Thursdays with all single-camera comedies isn't quite working out as they hoped. Their ratings from Thursday, April 12 were recorded as the lowest for the network's Thursday lineup in 20 years, perhaps even historically, averaging 7.14 million viewers, and 3.3 among adults 18-49, giving NBC a third place finish for the night.

All things considered, both My Name is Earl and The Office have performed well this season, but have recently taken major hits in the ratings thanks to competition from the other networks in the same timeslot. 30 Rock and Scrubs on the other hand have not been so lucky, having to face against CSI and Grey's Anatomy - and of course, the low ratings for NBC at 9pm also trickle into ER at 10pm.

The Office continues to do well among adults 18-49, but it quickly drops off with 30 Rock and/or Scrubs.

Though I regularly watch all the four comedies on Thursday, I seem to enjoy a lot more both My Name is Earl and The Office. 30 Rock was pretty good at the start of the season, but lately, hasn't been as interesting. Scrubs is okay, but it's been up and down - some episodes are great, while others not so much.