Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

So, what we now get on Dejaview:(

Seinfeld - Being throwned on Dejaview from TVTropolis.
    Newer to the week line-up
    Save by the bell
    The Facts of life

Geese, like i've said, why is Canada complety ignoring Family Matters
    it was one of the best shows, they are even ignoring Full House to which
    I wouldn't mind seeing either.

I wish they would put some good hour Cop shows from the 70's and or 80's in the mourning
    instead of wasting time slots with Ad Persuasion,Real to Real&Whatever happen to, god!
    Last edited by isrs4life; 03-17-2010 at 04:58 AM.

If you look at the shows that are on Dejaview, you will notice that 95% of the american programming is from Sony. They have the occasional universal title (Coach, Rockford Files). With that said, there is a large library of Sony titles that DejaView COULD air but the Canadian way is to show 6 or 7 shows OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again and when possible air it on as many channels as possible.

[quote=isrs4life;29572]I wish they would put some good hour Cop shows from the 70's and or 80's in the mourning
    quote]

If you are looking for a show like that in the morning, North of Sixty airs weekday mornings at 7:00AM on TVtropolis
    My views are my own and do not represent any company.

[quote=TVViewer;29584]
    Quote Originally Posted by isrs4life View Post
    I wish they would put some good hour Cop shows from the 70's and or 80's in the mourning
    quote]

If you are looking for a show like that in the morning, North of Sixty airs weekday mornings at 7:00AM on TVtropolis
    never like north of sixty. i found it boring. but i wish to have family matters, growing pains, bonanza, etc....
    Last edited by julie_rose_valliere; 03-17-2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: made an error of typing.

Quote Originally Posted by bigoranget View Post
    With that said, there is a large library of Sony titles that DejaView COULD air but the Canadian way is to show 6 or 7 shows OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again and when possible air it on as many channels as possible.
    Not so much the Canadian way, but more like the Canwest way.

Guys,

These channels are run by corporations not by fans of classic television. They only care about one thing- making money not pleasing viewers and subscribers. As a result they purchase the rights to a few highly rated shows that they believe will bring in viewers and just ride the wave collecting subscription fees. Also, don't forget we are talking about shows that have ended their run long ago meaning they are not producing any new episodes so these channels have limited appeal to the conglomerates and they don't see them as money makers (hence why CTVgm has all but abandoned TV Land).

Imagine if a hardcore classic TV fan was in charge of programming Dejaview or the crappy TV Land Canada, I bet it would be pure heaven for fans of retro TV. If I was in charge of Dejaview or TV Land, here are the shows that I would air:

1960's

Bonanza
    Hawaii Five-O
    Mission: Impossible
    The Beverly Hillbillies
    The Bill Cosby Show
    The Fugitive

1970's

All in the Family
    The Bionic Woman
    The Bob Newhart Show
    CHiPs
    Columbo
    The Dukes of Hazzard
    Happy Days
    The Jeffersons
    Kung Fu
    Laverne & Shirley
    Little House on the Prairie
    Quincy, M.E.
    The Six Million Dollar Man
    Trapper John M.D.
    Vega$
    WKRP in Cincinnati

1980's

21 Jump Street
    Alice
    Airwolf
    Beauty and the Beast
    The Cosby Show
    Dallas
    The Equalizer
    The Fall Guy
    Family Matters
    Family Ties
    Fantasy Island
    The Golden Girls
    Growing Pains
    Head of the Class
    Highway to Heaven
    Jake & the Fatman
    Kate & Allie
    Knight Rider
    The Love Boat
    MacGyver
    Magnum, P.I.
    Mama's Family
    Miami Vice
    Mr. Belvedere
    Moonlighting
    Newhart
    Night Court
    Perfect Strangers
    Quantum Leap
    Riptide
    Scarecrow and Mrs. King
    Simon & Simon
    Too Close for Comfort
    Who's the Boss?
    Wiseguy
    The Wonder Years

Of course these are mainly the shows I enjoyed watching or in the case of Mission: Impossible & The Fugitive, shows I have never seen but would like to watch. I would also add a suggestion box feature to the website (like the useless one that TV Land Canada has but probably pays no attention to) and look into airing some of the shows requested by viewers as opposed to the conglomerates who just air shows they think will bring in high ratings.
    Last edited by CDN Viewer; 03-18-2010 at 01:41 PM.

you have mention Dallas, don't forget Knots Landing, Dynasty, those were good too. Also, i used to like Doogie Howser, md. That i wont mind to watch it again same thing for the waltons.

For the waltons, they are playing on vision but only one time, they don't repeat it like dejaview in the after noon or at night.:mad:

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Viewer View Post
    Guys,

These channels are run by corporations not by fans of classic television. They only care about one thing- making money not pleasing viewers and subscribers. As a result they purchase the rights to a few highly rated shows that they believe will bring in viewers and just ride the wave collecting subscription fees. Also, don't forget we are talking about shows that have ended their run long ago meaning they are not producing any new episodes so these channels have limited appeal to the conglomerates and they don't see them as money makers (hence why CTVgm has all but abandoned TV Land).

Imagine if a hardcore classic TV fan was in charge of programming Dejaview or the crappy TV Land Canada, I bet it would be pure heaven for fans of retro TV. If I was in charge of Dejaview or TV Land, here are the shows that I would air:

1960's

Bonanza
    Hawaii Five-O
    Mission: Impossible
    The Beverly Hillbillies
    The Bill Cosby Show
    The Fugitive

1970's

All in the Family
    The Bionic Woman
    The Bob Newhart Show
    CHiPs
    Columbo
    The Dukes of Hazzard
    Happy Days
    The Jeffersons
    Kung Fu
    Laverne & Shirley
    Little House on the Prairie
    Quincy, M.E.
    The Six Million Dollar Man
    Trapper John M.D.
    Vega$
    WKRP in Cincinnati

1980's

21 Jump Street
    Alice
    Airwolf
    Beauty and the Beast
    The Cosby Show
    Dallas
    The Equalizer
    The Fall Guy
    Family Matters
    Family Ties
    Fantasy Island
    The Golden Girls
    Growing Pains
    Head of the Class
    Highway to Heaven
    Jake & the Fatman
    Kate & Allie
    Knight Rider
    The Love Boat
    MacGyver
    Magnum, P.I.
    Mama's Family
    Miami Vice
    Mr. Belvedere
    Moonlighting
    Newhart
    Night Court
    Perfect Strangers
    Quantum Leap
    Riptide
    Scarecrow and Mrs. King
    Simon & Simon
    Too Close for Comfort
    Who's the Boss?
    Wiseguy
    The Wonder Years

Of course these are mainly the shows I enjoyed watching or in the case of Mission: Impossible & The Fugitive, shows I have never seen but would like to watch. I would also add a suggestion box feature to the website (like the useless one that TV Land Canada has but probably pays no attention to) and look into airing some of the shows requested by viewers as opposed to the conglomerates who just air shows they think will bring in high ratings.
    I would also add Hunter and Remington Steele

Quote Originally Posted by sabreism View Post
    I would also add Hunter and Remington Steele

Great list of shows there and I would subscribe if you got most of these on Deja Vu. Brings back a lot of memories for sure.

yea , great list, i just want to find America's Funniest Home Videos with Bob Saget. I uploaded some onto youtube, and there all original ABC broadcasts, except for a CTV simsub -_- . But none the less , no channel ever airs that era of AFV longer then just a year ... :(
    Canada lacks in HD. If you agree post this in your signature.

CANADA NEEDS HD. We have nothing!