Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

2010-2011 Season Preview

Here's a listing of pilots ordered to series, returning shows, cancelled shows:
    http://www.thefutoncritic.com/guide.aspx?id=upfront

CBS's schedule for the new season is now available for viewing at the following thread:
    http://www.viewers.ca/discuss/showth...1820#post31820

NEW SHOWS
    COMEDY
    Mike & Molly (MULTICAM - Warner Bros. Television)
    $#*! My Dad Says (MULTICAM - Warner Bros. Television)

DRAMA
    Blue Bloods (CBS Television Studios)
    The Defenders (CBS Television Studios)
    Hawaii Five-0 (CBS Television Studios)

ALTERNATIVE
    TBA

NEW MIDSEASON SHOWS
    DRAMA
    Criminal Minds spinoff (yet to be titled) (ABC Studios/CBS TV Studios)

RETURNING SHOWS
    60 Minutes (Season 43)
    48 Hours Mystery (Season 24)
    The Amazing Race (Season 17)
    The Big Bang Theory (Season 4)
    Criminal Minds (Season 6)
    CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (Season 11)
    CSI: Miami (Season 9)
    CSI: NY (Season 7)
    The Good Wife (Season 2)
    How I Met Your Mother (Season 6)
    Medium (Season 7)
    The Mentalist (Season 3)
    NCIS (Season 8)
    NCIS: Los Angeles (Season 2)
    Rules of Engagement (Season 5)
    Survivor (Season 21)
    Two and a Half Men (Season 8)
    Undercover Boss (Season 2)

CANCELLED
    Accidentally On Purpose
    Cold Case
    Gary Unmarried
    Ghost Whisperer
    Miami Medical
    The New Adventures of Old Christine
    NUMB3RS
    Three Rivers

SUMMER 2010

NEW SHOWS
    Arranged Marriage
    The Bridge
    Got To Dance

RETURNING SHOWS
    Big Brother
    Flashpoint
    I Get That A Lot

Updated 05/19/2010
    Last edited by lostjon; 05-19-2010 at 08:58 AM.

Has anybody heard anything about what CBS plans to do with Two and a Half Men, now that Charlie Sheen has left? Will they bring it back anyway, or will they cancel it? I probably won't be watching regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by NB Josh View Post
    Has anybody heard anything about what CBS plans to do with Two and a Half Men, now that Charlie Sheen has left? Will they bring it back anyway, or will they cancel it? I probably won't be watching regardless.
    If his departure is official, then I think the show's as good as gone. While I caught several episodes here and there this season, I kind of tuned out and it became less of a priority. The Big Bang Theory became the only sitcom that I followed on Monday nights, and with good reason, as it's probably the best one on TV right now.

The last i heard there still talking and it seems a deal will be reached.

Quote Originally Posted by ottawasnowdog View Post
    The last i heard there still talking and it seems a deal will be reached.
    There's a good possibility that will happen, although I think it could come down to the final hours before CBS presents their schedule next week.

Quote Originally Posted by lostjon View Post
    If his departure is official, then I think the show's as good as gone. While I caught several episodes here and there this season, I kind of tuned out and it became less of a priority. The Big Bang Theory became the only sitcom that I followed on Monday nights, and with good reason, as it's probably the best one on TV right now.
    Yea since 24 came back at midseason I've been watching less and less of the show (I record The Big Bang Theory).

This was the last I read, which stated that he turned down a $1-million per show offer (which he would have to be crazy to do, I'd take 22 mill a year). So I guess I just assumed that talks were done, but it would be good if they aren't.

CBS picks up Chuck Lorre series

CBS has picked up Chuck Lorre's new comedy "Mike & Molly." Though the pilot didn't receive a very strong reaction, the Warner Bros. show is from the executive producer behind the network's top-rated "Big Bang Theory" and "Two and a Half Men" and was expected to get a pickup.

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.co...e-series-.html

CBS picks up Hawaii Five-0 & Defenders

CBS picks up 'Hawaii Five-0,' 'Defenders

CBS has picked up its remake of the classic tropical cop drama "Hawaii Five-0."
    "Five-O" is among four new shows the network has just ordered for next season.
    New Chuck Lorre comedy "Mike & Molly," family cop show "Blue Bloods" (formerly "Reagan's Law") starring Tom Selleck and legal drama "Defenders" will also join the CBS primetime schedule.
    The orders represent the first wave of series pickups from CBS, whose upfront is only two days away. The network typically keeps its cards close to the vest until the very last moment.

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.co...ders-more.html

CBS has picked up "$#*! My Dad Says

CBS has picked up "$#*! My Dad Says" for the fall season.
    The show is based on material by Twitter phenomenon Justin Halpern.
    The well-received pilot starred Ryan Devlin ("Cougar Town") as the young lead, based on Halpern, opposite William Shatner as the opinionated father who is the central character. Sitcom veteran James Burrows directed the pilot.

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/05/cbs-picks-up-my-dad-says.html

Also
    CBS picks up 'Criminal Minds' spinoff

Word has it that CBS was lukewarm on the pilot for the "Criminal Minds" spinoff, but the network is picking up the show anyway. Given that this is a format that clearly works for the network, and has star Forest Whitaker, it's not surprising the network would want another "CI" on its roster, at least for midseason.

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/05/cbs-picks-up-criminal-minds-spinoff.html

Charlie Sheen to continue on "Two and a Half Men"

Charlie Sheen staying on 'Men'

Actor inks two-year deal to stick with CBS/Warner Bros. show

By James Hibberd

Charlie Sheen has made a two-year deal to stick with "Two and a Half Men."

This will keep CBS' Monday night comedy block in strong place for another season.

Sheen's publicist released this statement: "To put a fitting end on the two and one-half months of whirlwind speculation, I'm looking forward to returning to my CBS home on Monday nights. I want to thank (CBS Corp. president and CEO) Les Moonves for his support."

Sheen initially wanted $2 million per episode, but at least one report says Warner Bros. climbed significantly from its initial offer (which sources say was around $1 million).

It also means that the Sheen camp's "He's leaving the show!" leaks were probably at least 50% negotiation ploy.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...8f4337e710881c

CBS cancels Ghost Whisperer, New Adventures of Old Christine

CBS cancels seven shows, including 'Ghost Whisperer'

CBS is going to have some open slots next season after all.

In an year when some insiders speculated that CBS would only lose a couple shows, the network has just canceled three veteran dramas, a freshman comedy, a veteran comedy and a midseason drama.

Veteran procedurals "Cold Case," "Ghost Whisperer" and "Numbers" will not be renewed. Jerry Bruckheimer's "Miami Medical" is likewise canceled, as is fellow newcomer "Accidentally on Purpose," which mainly aired in the network's Monday night comedy block. Veteran Wednesday night comedies "New Adventures of Old Christine" and "Gary Unmarried" are also cancelled.

Several of these titles could have easily returned. The decisions will signal to ad buyers that the "most-watched network" is not being complacent and that executives have faith in their new shows.

Also, the network picked up "Medium" and "Rules of Engagement" for next season, as expected.

With the CBS' upfront on Wednesday, the network suddenly has launched into a flurry of bubble show decision making.

The most surprising outcome here is canceling "Ghost Whisperer," which many insiders expected to return and consistently won its Friday night time period.
    Another big surprise: "Old Christine," which has been a stable, if modest performer on the network's Wednesday night lineup. Also, ABC has consistently expressed interest in picking up the comedy should CBS drop it.

Also, "Cold Case." CBS was on the fence on this seven-year-old drama for months. On Sunday nights, "Case" ratings were admirably stable, if fairly modest.
    "Miami" nosedived on Fridays at 10 p.m., then showed some signs of improvement in recent weeks once it was offered a lead-in from original episodes of "Medium." Last Friday, the momentum seemed to stall, with the drama backsliding once again to a 1.2 rating.

"Accidentally" may end up with the highest average rating among any canceled show this season. As part of CBS' comedy block, the show posted a number that would have been perfectly acceptable in most time periods. But once CBS sample the show on less protected Wednesday nights, its ratings fell sharply, showing the network its Monday audience was mainly built on momentum.

Ever since "Numbers" saw its episode count reduced, insiders have expected the show to get axed.

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.co...-+Live+Feed%29

Not really surprised by any of this. It could (and probably should) mean that CBS's Wednesday night comedies will be gone, which is a good idea because they can't compete with ABC's.

Not really surprised by any of this. It could (and probably should) mean that CBS's Wednesday night comedies will be gone, which is a good idea because they can't compete with ABC's.
    The New Adventures of Old Christine is likely done since an agreement could not be reached to move it to ABC, but they might try to go after Ghost Whisperer since it is from their production company.

I would think at this point that CBS should give up comedy on Wednesdays, but according to some reports, there's the possibility that one of the Monday comedies (likely "How I Met Your Mother") will move over, paired with either a returning show or newcomer.

CBS will have six comedies on tap for next season, being Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, the aforementioned How I Met Your Mother along with newcomers Mike & Molly and Bleep My Dad Says.