Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Troubles with the site lately

Has anyone else been experiencing problems with the site lately? Recently, the site has been on some sort of "delay" I'm guessing is probably the best way to describe it.

This is what has been happening for me anyways; well, we all know that once you click iinto a topical section of the forum (ie, Chit Chat), it then lists all the threads and the most recent shows up in the Last Post column, well once you click on the thread, often, the newest or newer posts doesn't show and it seems to be on some sort of delay where it will then show up minutes later.

Also, when you login and click on a thread, it will show you as if you're not logged in, for example, your user box (the one that says "welcome, [insert username]") shows the login box instead, and when you try to reply to multiple posts, those buttons are not there that allows you to do that, for the reason that as I said, it shows you as logged out even though you are logged in.

So those are some of the problems I've been having lately, I hope I've explained it properly :)

But, is anyone else having troubles like these lately or is it just me?

Not seeing any issues on my end, I'm using Safari under Mac OS X, I'll check it out with Firefox as well.

Hopefully you're not using Internet Exploder still :)

There was a change last week where I put the forum to run under PHP5 rather than PHP4 but it shouldn't create any issues since vBulletin is PHP5 ready.

I'm not experiencing any problems here either. I'm using Google Chrome mostly. What browser are you using? Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies?
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/

No issues here under Opera.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripster View Post
    Hopefully you're not using Internet Exploder still :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I'm not experiencing any problems here either. I'm using Google Chrome mostly. What browser are you using? Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies?
    Yup Tripster, that's exactly what I'm using :o lol

It's been happening for a number of days now, not exactly sure how many though. There hasn't been any changes on my end, and Randi, I have cleared my cookies/cache and it's still happening.

It's kinda random as well, as you can see I have quoted multiple posts using the buttons in the post, yet, just before coming to this thread, I went to the recent Channel Zero/CHCH thread in the Independent section, and I wouldn't have been able to do that there because like I mentione din my first post, it would show me as logged out, even though I'm actually logged in.

It's just kinda odd it would randomly start happening all of a sudden.

IE6? IE7? IE8?

I'd like to know so I can search vbulletin if something similar has happened. :)
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/

I'm using IE8.

Almost sounds like IE8 is having issues with javascript and AJAX since the functions your describing as not working depend on those engines, they are entirely client based and depend on the browser to do it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripster View Post
    Almost sounds like IE8 is having issues with javascript and AJAX since the functions your describing as not working depend on those engines, they are entirely client based and depend on the browser to do it properly.
    It does seem to be an issue with IE. I'm using the Flock browser right now, everything is looking fine so far.

no problem with me so far!

Using IE8

I am not having these problems with my IE 8.