Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Rogers Internet Stick

500MB cap
    Up to 21.6Mbps

Which means, at full speed you can go over your monthly cap in just over 3 minutes!

Pathetic!

Seriously, our telcos are frigging rip off artists. I'm with Fido and for $30 I get 6GB on my iPhone, which I'm free to tether to a laptop. It uses the same network, meaning I should get the same speeds (you don't get the 21.6Mbps Rogers claims BTW). 500MB/month is a joke.

Oh and don't you just love the fine print about the "government regulatory recovery fee" .. of course it's not a tax or fee the government requires Rogers to collect, but they're going to ding you anyway and blame the government for it. Slick.

Last edited by Tripster; 02-25-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Well, it is the same with cell phone data plans. Basically, this is only useful if you deal mostly with 'light' usage - simple email and browsing. I'd say it is for someone who needs occasional access, such as on the weekend at the cottage or someone who might need access for work when out of the office at a customer site.

Maybe in a few more years, we'll see this cap increased.

I believe you can buy a 5GB data pack for an additional $5/month But still 5GB/month at $35/month is just insane, even for wireless providers.

I have a friend in Chicago that is with Cricket Mobile and gets unlimited internet access with the same type of technology for $45/month.

Quote Originally Posted by bigoranget View Post
    I have a friend in Chicago that is with Cricket Mobile and gets unlimited internet access with the same type of technology for $45/month.
    That's Canada for you. Sigh.